Server Busy Error

MoR137

Hi

Might not be a fixable problem, but thought I'd warn you of this Kev, not sure if im the only one its happening to but its been doing it the last three days or so, every other time i click on something on the forum. Sometimes i have to wait 10 minutes or so before i can view the forum again.

Attatchment below.

Cheers MoR

post-9-1142161327_thumb.jpg

This error occurs when the server is too busy (obviously). The forum sits on a server with other websites and the processing power of that server is spread over all the websites hosted on it. Ocassionally the forum uses more processing power than the other sites on the server (and the opposite is also true at times). I have put a cap on how much processing power the forum can use.

Earlier this year there was no cap and therefore no error message, however in those circumstances the usage kept on going up and my host eventually shut the forum down (the reason for some of the downtime). I then had to get things restarted manually.

Using this cap on usage, my host should not shut the forum down for excessive processor usage. All that happens is you get the error message to try later, but the forum stays online.

Hope that explains the message your seeing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..