Internet explorer

Flyinsi

My internet explorer browser keeps crashing and I'm also getting loads of pop-ups despite having a pop up blocker, anti-spy and anti-virus switched on. This is still happening despite having formatted my hard drive and it's doing my head in. I'm also getting generic host errors so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance Flyinsi

My internet explorer browser keeps crashing and I'm also getting loads of pop-ups despite having a pop up blocker, anti-spy and anti-virus switched on. This is still happening despite having formatted my hard drive and it's doing my head in. I'm also getting generic host errors so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance Flyinsi

6340[/snapback]

Same here Si shrug.gif maybe it's happening to everyone, or where the chosen ones lol!!

Cunny.

Did any of you get this problem after downloading a windows update? it`s just I struggling to run pretty much anything microsoft and it all started after doing a update. Which I only needed to do because I formatted my HDD to get rid of this problem! Doh!

Did any of you get this problem after downloading a windows update? it`s just I struggling to run pretty much anything microsoft and it all started after doing a update. Which I only needed to do because I formatted my HDD to get rid of this problem! Doh!

6722[/snapback]

No I dont do Microsoft updates anymore as when I did it feked my PC up, Just trying that Mozilla Firefox, gotta say it's well slower than Internet Explorer, can u speed it up?

Ive just gone onto Firefox myself and although it is slower than IE it does have some quality features on it when you upgrade it with the many add-ons available for it, Tabbed browsing being the main one which is a lot nicer to use than IE.

Has much better pop up blocking as well although there are issues with online banking and secure sites as Chewy has pointed out.

If there is a way of speeding it up a bit I wouldnt mind knowing as well, any Firefox experts out there???

Cheers

Grasser#233

I'm led to believe, that it will be sorted in the next release of firefox, firefox 1.1

You can do the nightly rebuilds, might get sorted in one of them.

I've not really found it any slower than IE, amybe the initial load, but opening pages, not any slower.

Found it slightly slower in loading pages but not a big problem, the whole thing feels much slicker.

Thanks for the recommendation thumbup.gif

Cheers MoR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..