Chris Pye Motorsport News

Magpye105

A little update on the progress of the previously non running 1300 Stockcar of Chris Pye aka Magpye105. We finally got the car running last week, after re-wiring the whole car, new ignition switches, running new fuel pipes through car, new fuel pump, new battery and a new starter motor..... I've got to say that the car sounds sweet and that the rebuilt BOSS engine hopefully will see me in good stead for the hectic months ahead! thumbup.gif

The car had the undercoat painted just before the snow landed at the weekend, and will be hopefully painted with its top coat this coming weekend. Thanks to Jonnyboy for selling the 'piggin brickin it' trailer to me, we'll be hopefully off to Arena Essex soon to run the engine in and sort things like brakes etc out, before getting the car set up professionally (funds allowing). shrug.gif

Fingers extremely crossed that we'll be at Ringwood on Sat 12th March, though Arena Essex on 20th is more realisitic a target, as I am waiting for my new tow car which should be here early March. coffee.gif

I'll post some new photos of the car in over the weekend....

U race at Heartbreaker Mag?

Unfortunately the car builder I'd been given as a contact let me down about 2 weeks to go, so I cancelled my booking as I had no chance of getting a car built in time. Shame, but I'm sure I'll get enough contact in during the planned 44 meetings this year!

ihello m8 if u have a boss like mine in the rod m8 u wont go far wrong is the bottom half red also are u racing for spedeworth if so there is a praccie nite 5th march at ips all the best m8 hope u enjoy it   thumbup.gif

7638[/snapback]

Engine is red under the dust and dirt (been standing for ages), but has an obvious rebuilt head on it.

As for the practice night, only way I can get there is using one of your rivals transport aka my sponsors NTW cars own 145 Daniel Wickens. Might still try and get there somehow thou.

Edited by Magpye105

HI mag

Im also starting 1300 stocks this year at Arena Essex , Looking for a car then im ready to go, What promotion are you with ? and what number? ( potentially stupid quesiton lol)

Maybe see ya on the track 1 day lol! thumbs_up.gif

7675[/snapback]

Thou Arena is my closest track (Eastbourne is almost as close) I've joined Spedeworth for a couple of reasons. I want to race in the big meetings (ie Supreme Championship at the Spedeweekend) where visiting entries are limited and I'm more likely to race at the spedeworth tracks than at Arena when the dates clash.

I've regisitered as my online race number and also the one used by my Dad on his National Hot Rod in the 1980s - 105. I decided that 88 was not the most lucky number i've been associated with (firstly in American Football when I played that in the 1990s and then on my Legend from 1998-2001). I'll be at Arena hopefully on the 20th March, 2nd May, 26th June, 17th July, 21st Aug, 4th Sept and 18th Sept so maybe see you on one of those days.

BTW there is a Pip Williams car for sale on www.shortcircuitmag.com website at a very reasonable price.

i have not got my stock car license yet but am thinking of maybe going spedeworth for stocks as up wimbleodn they look exciting etc

Cheers for info about the stock car for sale thumbs_up.gif

Good luck

Cheers

Scott

Edited by knobby_536

Another step closer to being finished today. Have wired a new kill switch into car, given it a full service and finished painting the edges of the roof. The all important Demon Tweeks vinyl has been applied, with the rest due over the next few days.

All I need to do now is strip and clean the brakes and paint inside of car (which might be left until after Easter weekend's meetings) Hopefully I can be testing on March 19th at Arena, but that does depend on having my new road car in time with its new tow bar on it.....clock is ticking....

post-202-1110052965_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Car is as good as finished now and ready for some testing. Inside has been painted silver, wheels touched up with some new white paint and the signwriting has been applied (apart from the Fin numbers as they came in the wrong size and style)

Next stage Arena for testing next weekend (hopefully, though lack of tow car to collect trailer and then get there is a slight problem) and maybe even Swaffham on Good Friday before the Easter Sat Debut at Swaffham....If anyone fancies helping out on the mechanic side of things bring some overalls! thumbup.gif

post-202-1110748597_thumb.jpg

post-202-1110748649_thumb.jpg

post-202-1110748690_thumb.jpg

Edited by Magpye105

• 3 weeks later...

Well you may have heard, that my racing online and in the Stock car will be severly hampered due to extreme work pressures over the next 8-10 weeks.  I most likely will be working a minimum of 6 days a week for the majority of it!

Therefore I might be at Bovingdon (17th) and Ipswich (23rd) but that will probably be it (if I make it to them) until mid June.

Work has to come first unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know, I'm off to Arena today to test if anyone is in the area and wants to lend a hand, will be there most of the day, hoping to get there for about 11am at latest.

Then it is off to Bovvy in the morning to make my debut in the formula.  Any willing spanner monkies will be gratefully welcomed with a mug of coffee!

2.gif

good luck m8 have a crash and enjoy it  5.gif

13511[/snapback]

Ran the car at Arena today, have got some oil pressure probs which I'm gonna look at tonight, but hopefully nothing major.

Knobby 636 was there today with his new car for the first time too....Scott was lucky I didn't put the bumper in, I had plenty of chances, my car was on rails in the corners, but short of revs on the straights.  Due to the tightness of Bovvy hopefully this won't be an issue.

Hi,

Went out for the first time and got a punchture on the 1st lap, then went out again only to get another punchture on the first lap again, go out again and i see the lovly car of 105 and tried my luck on the outside(Made my car brush painted car look pants  rofl.gif   smile.gif Scarry stuff!  was expecting the nudge or bump or follow in but never happened lol,every time we went into turn 3 i could see my dad head in hands not watching, scared of me smashing it up  rofl.gif

certainly need to get my turns right or i can see myself meeting the armco again  rolleyes.gif 

Cheers For the tips and the Funnel Chris  thumbup.gif

C ya Saturday again maybe if my car is in 1 peice still  king.gif

Cheers

Scott

Good luck for tomorrow !

Edited by knobby_536

Well just got home from my first meeting in the 105 Stock Car.....car is still straight however all is not well under the bonnet!

First heat ended after I got stuck in with a few of the red tops, as they were starting to pass me....I wasn't going to move over for them was I?  I hit a few and got hit more times lol....until WHACK  5.gif  followed by a further heavier WHACK  5.gif from behind as my throttle cable had slipped out of clip and I had no power going onto back straight, to make my head feel better another driver unaware of my problems gave me another WHACK  5.gif  to help me coast to the corner and safety....

Less than 2 mins under the bonnet and the problem fixed  banghead2.gif  and ready for more of the same damage to my nice paint job  ohmy.gif

Heat 2 started with a better start and I led for a while....ok 1/2 a lap to be precise  thumbup.gif and I decided to give in a little easier when I tried to work out who was coming up behind me and I stood my ground, but got shoved wide a few times.  I actually overtook a driver who had passed me and he stayed behind.  I was waiting for the top guys to catch me, but they just didn't come in masses like before and I could let the likes of Sam Holland/Billy Wood past and cut back in behind them.

I was almost lapped, but wish I had been as I was running in 10th as he crossed the line behind me, and thanks to a hefty WHACK  5.gif from 317 in the last corner he pipped me at the line leaving me 11th

Thats where the trouble started.....the impact broke a big engine mount (picture below) and I lost my throttle cable again.  Time to load up and come home!  3.gif  This is the sort of problem I feared seeing as the car has been sat unused for 2-3 years, the metal will be corroded in places.

I'm facing a major battle to get out next weekend now, as A) I can't weld B) I will struggle to get the car to someone who can weld C) I aint got time to fix it......I anyone who has 5 mins fancies fabricating a steel engine mount for me, I'll see them right....tall order I know!

All in all, I got some respect from some of the better drivers in the formula for my capability to take the hits and even from some to give them the hits on my debut....I suppose I am happy as I picked up Short Circuit and my car is pictured in there (= £150 credit from Demon Tweeks)...shame they don't do steel Polo engine mounts!!!

post-202-1113761456_thumb.jpg

post-202-1113761516_thumb.jpg

Edited by Magpye105

• 1 month later...

STOCK CAR NEWS

============

Well the car having been been repaired with what we thought (OK it was my plan) was a good idea on how to fix the different gearbox into the polo for Bovingdon last sunday left the 105 Stockcar a sitting duck on the pit bend when the 3rd forced spin of the final (and only race that I made!) with a broken clutch bracket on the gearbox housing.  Possibly a good thing as one of the water pipes had come off too, leaving the engine dry and hot, something I realised that I don't have time to look at the guage!!!

Well all credit to Firestorm this week as I dropped the car off at his house on Tuesday night and during this week has almost managed to fix the car ready to take to Swaffham on Saturday.  Fingers crossed the last bit of welding that needs completing to fabricate a clutch bracket will work tomorrow and we'll be able to race.

Double crossing of the fingers that we manage to keep the car going all night and bring it home for the first time still in a driveable conditon so we can have Sunday off before heading south to a local meeting at Eastbourne.  If you are at either meeting come and say hello.

CHRIS PYE MOTORSPORTS EXPANDS TO 2ND CAR

================================

On another front the team has expanded this week with the purchase of a Hot Ford, the Mk2 XR2 is in good nick and was built by one of the top teams of recent years.  There is a a full stock rod cage in the car that is worth almost as much as I paid for the car!  So we will be heading upto the midlands for 6 meetings this year and hopefully will be able to keep it straight and hopefully get some success for all the hard work!

The parts seem easy enough to get hold off with some major bargins on ebay!  I'm currently winning a bid for a bonnet (as a spare lol) for 99p which hopefull will be mine tomorrow.

I will be investing in a half decent sprayed paintjob on this car in order to make the car look that bit nicer.  So there will be a nice UK Dirt logo on the bonnet along with a plug for N&A Engineering on the boot!

NEW IMPROVED WEBSITE UNDER DEVELOPMENT

===============================

As I type this, the website is undergoing a re-design to give a better quality feel to it (it was a rush job and not updated enough).  I have purchased my first ever domain name and have gone to the ultimate .com level!!!

So keep your eyes peeled on www.cpmotorsport.com for all the latest news on both cars.

So there will be a nice UK Dirt logo on the bonnet along with a plug for N&A Engineering on the boot!

Thx magpye....    thumbup.gif

And good luck with the new formula..  and abit more suscess with the stock car

Good Luck At Swaffem and Eastbourne Mate, Hope it all goes well for ya for all the hard work you seem to be putting in. Might pop down to eastbourne sunday ( if me rice pudding tin on exhuast bodge is dun ) so ill come see ya .

Cheers

Scott

Might pop down to eastbourne sunday ( if me rice pudding tin on exhuast bodge is dun ) so ill come see ya

18542[/snapback]

I wouldn't go on Sunday as there is no racing then m8! LOL  Plus I'm not racing at the meeting now, as the car is not race ready and nor will be in time. Gd luck yourself on Monday.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..