R-factor

tilly

been reading this with great interest over the last week or so and find it a great shame that the guys who are trying to make Brisca work in rfactor can`t seem to get on.I`m not saying you have to like one another but if you really want this to happen then why not bury the hatchet and pull in the same direction.The work you guys are doing looks stunning so it would be a real shame if we never have a chance to use it.cheers Fozz

Here Here - I agree entirely :thumbs_up:

I have spare time if there is anything I can help out with, won't be much in the way of modelling, but could learn "quickly" if needed :thumbup: - Just PM me if you require another pair of hands :)

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everything is looking good guys, I think the only way to properly show my appreciation would be to camp outside your houses in a tent with a giant flag that read "THANK YOU DUDES!" or something equally odd :)

I'm not too hot on collision stuff in rF but I do know it takes alot to get the damage just right, something lacking in alot of the good mods unfortunatley.

I've posted this somewhere before but it deserves another outing :)

post-845-1155387944.jpg

That's excellent work. I must say, it is a really smart job, and we really apprecaite the time you are putting into this. The work being produced is probably the best i've seen for a very long while.

Hopefully a chance to get some superstar lights flashing :thumbup:

Seriously though, keep up the good work men. Watching this thread fora while now, and anticipating big things! :thumbup:

That's excellent work. I must say, it is a really smart job, and we really apprecaite the time you are putting into this. The work being produced is probably the best i've seen for a very long while.

Seriously though, keep up the good work men. Watching this thread fora while now, and anticipating big things! :thumbup:

Our awesome car modeller has flashing lights working. :)

Well as you have probably gathered by now I am the track modeller for this mod. The pictures that have been posted by Sam and Hooty came from a fictional track I called Whiterose. I made this track to give the guys something to play with basically. :)

Now we are going to start some real work on some of the real tracks. Got along way to go on this front as the list has grown pretty much this week but with the help of the others I or we will get through it. On the cards are:-

Bradford (I was brought up watching BRISCA's from an early age at this track)

Sheffield (Now my local track, I was the weirdo there a couple of weeks ago taking strange pictures!!)

Birmingham (Car modeller is at the semi final tonight taking lots of usefull pictures hopefully. If he isnt looking weird he ain't doing a good job!!! :) )

Ipswich (Mr Appletons request)

Buxton (Car modellers request) :)

Jimbob and myself are going to the world final as well so expect Coventry to also appear on the list.

Our mod team name is LPC and in our mod team we have a number of projects on the go:-

BRISCA

Hot Rods

Rallycross

I also have a side line project on the go as well which should show its face in August/September!

Thanks for reading!

MC

Our car name modeller is still remaining unknown!! We will call him Stig for now! :)

Stuart

cmon we need stocks out there i get bored of noncontact and end up doing people lol

Totally agree, I'd like to see Saloonstox in rFactor.

Also, the various cars shown look good, keep it up :thumbup:

Our awesome car modeller has flashing lights working. :)

Well as you have probably gathered by now I am the track modeller for this mod. The pictures that have been posted by Sam and Hooty came from a fictional track I called Whiterose. I made this track to give the guys something to play with basically. :)

Now we are going to start some real work on some of the real tracks. Got along way to go on this front as the list has grown pretty much this week but with the help of the others I or we will get through it. On the cards are:-

Bradford (I was brought up watching BRISCA's from an early age at this track)

Sheffield (Now my local track, I was the weirdo there a couple of weeks ago taking strange pictures!!)

Birmingham (Car modeller is at the semi final tonight taking lots of usefull pictures hopefully. If he isnt looking weird he ain't doing a good job!!! :) )

Ipswich (Mr Appletons request)

Buxton (Car modellers request) :)

Jimbob and myself are going to the world final as well so expect Coventry to also appear on the list.

Our mod team name is LPC and in our mod team we have a number of projects on the go:-

BRISCA

Hot Rods

Rallycross

I also have a side line project on the go as well which should show its face in August/September!

Thanks for reading!

MC

Our car name modeller is still remaining unknown!! We will call him Stig for now! :)

Stuart

thanks for all your putting in just wondering when you build these tracks any chance of a pit arena life like to short oval? DIRT!

Hmm, sounds like extra polygons for the hell of it to me. I must say when I make tracks I concentrate purely on the driving view and also mainly from the cockpit. I know it would look nice to have coaches, trailers and god knows what in the pit area but that sounds like polys for the hell of it. Especially when you dont even visit pitlane that often in Brisca. Lets concentrate on the tracks first anyway.

Hmm, sounds like extra polygons for the hell of it to me. I must say when I make tracks I concentrate purely on the driving view and also mainly from the cockpit. I know it would look nice to have coaches, trailers and god knows what in the pit area but that sounds like polys for the hell of it. Especially when you dont even visit pitlane that often in Brisca. Lets concentrate on the tracks first anyway.

ok :scared15:

[attachmentid=8341]Oh my sideline project :)

That is ORR (Off Road Racing) by the way :)

Here is a screenshot of something ive been working on for the last couple of weeks.

superb :thumbup:

just wondering did you get my pm?

Great work by everyone involved, I've had R Factor for some time now, the mods are superb, I'd suggest that people download the demo and see for themselves, I'll echo comments from above and hope that Andy has some involvement, without him we wouldnt have what is UK Dirt today, and I sometimes think he is misinterpreted from his posts.

Anyway reason for posting here is to put some images up of tracks as afore mentioned by Madcowie, Hopefully they are of some help.

BRADFORD

[attachmentid=8343]

SHEFFIELD

[attachmentid=8344]

BIRMINGHAM

[attachmentid=8345]

IPSWICH

[attachmentid=8346]

BUXTON

[attachmentid=8347]

COVENTRY

[attachmentid=8348]

post-22-1155435456.jpg

post-22-1155435575_thumb.jpg

post-22-1155435617.jpg

post-22-1155435648_thumb.jpg

post-22-1155435699_thumb.jpg

post-22-1155435749_thumb.jpg

been reading this with great interest over the last week or so and find it a great shame that the guys who are trying to make Brisca work in rfactor can`t seem to get on.I`m not saying you have to like one another but if you really want this to happen then why not bury the hatchet and pull in the same direction.The work you guys are doing looks stunning so it would be a real shame if we never have a chance to use it.cheers Fozz

The guys who have been working on it do get on m8.....its the others who just wanna jump on the bandwagon once you've done 90% of the hard work that we dont get on with.

SHUT UP CHEWY lol :thumbup:

The guys who have been working on it do get on m8.....its the others who just wanna jump on the bandwagon once you've done 90% of the hard work that we dont get on with.

This is not necassarily the opinion of everybody that has worked on it. :banghead2:

Nope thats why its got my name at the start of the post you lemon.

I did ask several people in the early days of RF for help and several who i could mention and won't wern't interested then.

and my earlier post should have read '.....that I don't get on with' rather than we...sry for misleading lol

Edited by Hooty256

Ive been testing the rods for sam and i have to say that even at the stage of devolpment there at now the rods feel so much more realistic than the HEAT rods the drive and the overall feel of the cars is very good indeed and can only get better with the excellent work the games developers have put into the short oval side of the game . :appl:

post-25-1155461159_thumb.jpg

SHUT UP CHEWY lol :thumbup:

I do also share this opinion but not as strongly. I asked about a year ago now for help and from that the LPC team was formed. We have been working on this project for a fair few months now and we dont all of a sudden want someone to jump on the bandwagon or just be nosey as they dont have time to help.

:unsure:

Having heard so much about rfactor yet knowing so little I`ve been reading up on all this Information on the forum.

To me it looks great and would appear to be the way to go. If that means going out and getting a better computer I guess it must be worth it.

And as for everyone working on it falling out, I think it just amazing that so many people can give up so much of there time to do this simply because they love the idea.

People like me, who love the idea, but have difficulty switching the PC on sometimes, will reap the benefits you are all creating.

:coffee: Its time for a coffee and a group HUG ! You`ll get there.

I shall look forward to it.

:thumbs_up:

Regards

Biffo

I'm very happy to fulfill your wish. Sorry for sticking my nose in where it wasn't wanted.

Andy I really dont want any ill feeling to be honest. There arn't many people on the net I dont like and you are not one of them. I just think that the team we have now we can get the job done. I guess these are the reasons that we never announced we were making it as we knew it would flair something up at UK dirt. Also by announcing the mod has caused our named team members to get god knows how many PM's which just slows it down more and more. Now I know why Stig wants to be unknown.

MarcG sorry I forgot to reply to your post earlier. Its links like that the team want!!! It would be even better if you find me some track lengths!!!:) Track stats are few and far between.

Thanks

MC

MarcG sorry I forgot to reply to your post earlier. Its links like that the team want!!! It would be even better if you find me some track lengths!!!:) Track stats are few and far between.

Thanks

MC

eerr you've lost me mate, what did I do? :blink::)

Thanks

MC

eerr you've lost me mate, what did I do? :blink::)

Sorry I ment to thank Mac219 :banghead2:

Mylaps.com has track lengths, although it isn't clear to me how they calculate it. Better than nothing though perhaps.

Thank you Andy and I also agree on the accuracy's you see for various tracks. For Birmingham I must have found at least four different values.

But thanks anyway!!

Stuart

There are lengths for tracks that were posted up on Stoxnet a while ago for a few tracks. Coventry and Sheffield were definatley in those menitoned.

Will try to dig them out for you in a bit, as those ones on MyLaps are generally wrong.

There are lengths for tracks that were posted up on Stoxnet a while ago for a few tracks. Coventry and Sheffield were definatley in those menitoned.

Will try to dig them out for you in a bit, as those ones on MyLaps are generally wrong.

Ipswich 410m

Coventry 303m

Birmingham 330m

Buxton 380m

Sheffield 340m

Ipswich 410m

Coventry 303m

Birmingham 330m

Buxton 380m

Sheffield 340m

I'll personally, physically measure all the above if required (including Chesterton/Stoke, Hednesford, Swaffham, Mildenhall, NIR, and Kings Lynn) wiv me lazer/infra red tape measure if required! (i visit all the obove on reg. occasions) - any particular photos required, I'll get em for ya.

After watching the Semi-Final at Birmingham last Sat night, I definately think the track should be one of the 1st to be modelled in detail! A superb [asphalt] track for both the F1 / HotRod racing, and flood-lit atmosphere. I've been going there since more or less it began on the shale, (wiv a gap in the 90') and it's never really changed. (I have shale vids from the early 80's if you need them)

Good luck to "the Stig" (and co.) and hope many of the models that need re-modelling can be done well. I do think there is much more that can be done with the Hot Rods other than just converting, most of the F1 models are superb as they are. As I work with Autocad 2006 and 3dSMax I would love to join in, but alas, as like many other wan-a-bees, I do not really have the time and can only offer my small support & help, and personally hope you can get the mod working by the 2007 season! ...and hope LOTS of improvements can be made to the game, not just the graphics.

I understand the comments about "bandwagons" and fully support the "original crew" who seem to have made a 'comeback' for us, for one last improvement of the BriSCA game, with whome, mostly, originally started with Dirt/Heat...this is what most of us still think about you IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

"RIP - Nascar Heat 2007, you have been one hell of a game old friend"

PS...

Some accurate RACING LINE track lengths, if required:

Barford: 325 yards

Belle Vue: 280 Metres

Birmingham: 330 Metres

Buxton: 380 Metres

Coventry: 303 Metres

Cowdenbeath: 400 yards

Hednesford: 420 yards

Kings Lynn: 340 Metres

Knockhill: roughly 1/3 of a mile

Mildenhall: 280 yards

Northampton: 396 Metres

Sheffield: 340 Metres

Skegness: 310 Metres

Swindon: 360 yards

Venray: Stated as 520 Metres

(Wimbledon: 390 yards)

PS...

Some accurate RACING LINE track lengths, if required:

Barford: 325 yards

Belle Vue: 280 Metres

Birmingham: 330 Metres

Buxton: 380 Metres

Coventry: 303 Metres

Cowdenbeath: 400 yards

Hednesford: 420 yards

Kings Lynn: 340 Metres

Knockhill: roughly 1/3 of a mile

Mildenhall: 280 yards

Northampton: 396 Metres

Sheffield: 340 Metres

Skegness: 310 Metres

Swindon: 360 yards

Venray: Stated as 520 Metres

(Wimbledon: 390 yards)

Top work guys. I made a start tonight on Bradford. Currently its 358.40 meters. Any updates on 358? :)

I used google earth and the measuring tool to measure a straight line on the image of 100 meters and then I matched a track section to this length so it should be right hopefully.

Oops one thing I forgot to mention. We also have Knockhill ingame as well. For anyone who has R Factor its a convert of the current knockhill available for R Factor thanks to (Ferrari27)

Thanks guys for the help!

Stuart

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..