gtr

chris

my server is up now and for  most of the day all welcome  thumbs_up.gif

11933[/snapback]

SERVER CLOSED

gr nick m thumbs_up.gif

server name will be called UKDIRT, i'll not post again if its up just pop in  the lobby and see if its ther  2.gif

Edited by chris

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all   042.gif

Was thinking about gettin this game but only know some minor details so i got a few questions:

What are the system requirements for it to run smoothly? is there body damage? and is there like a forum or something similar to this forum where updates and patches for the game are released?

Any help would be nice   scared15.gif

Cheers

Scott

Edited by knobby_536

lo all just a quick question i have installed the game and seems to work ok but when i am with other cars it jolts is there anything i can do is it just my comp aint got enouth power to run tried it on laptop and normal comp both have windows xp thanks jay

lo all just a quick question i have installed the game and seems to work ok but when i am with other cars it jolts is there anything i can do is it just my comp aint got enouth power to run tried it on laptop and normal comp both have windows xp thanks jay

12044[/snapback]

It will be your computer I reckon, Try turning the graphics down in the game if you can.

Guest Scrapman53

My PC is Athlon3200+ with 512mb of memory and a Radeon 9600 graphics card and I have to run the game on low detail. Even at that, sometimes when 1/2 way through a race in the servers my framerate (ctrl f) drops to below 30 frames per sec and it gets a bit jumpy. I've ordered 1gig of memory from Overclockers and next thing is a mid range graphics card (£150 - £200) and it should run sweet with detail turned up to the max. (hopefully lol).

Hope this kinda gives you a guideline Pants.  thumbs_up.gif

Guest Scrapman53

Doubling up on my memory seems to have given me an extra 30fps in qualifying online.  thumbs_up.gif

Spike. Take it easy on the throttle coming out of the bends, these things are hard to tame, lol.

In options, turn the brake sensitivity down, they seem to lock up too easy on the default setting.

Just a couple of things I've found out m8.  thumbs_up.gif

i've found upgrading my puter ie memory from 512mb to 1 gig has made a big difference in fps online and offline,also upgraded graphic card to geforce 6600 gtoc

can now play with details on full np

spike i've found u need a lot of patience and time playin gtr if u wanna compete with online ther r some fast guys around god knows how they can get under 2.15 at spa,i can't get under 2.20 banghead2.gif be prepared for some noobs driving on oppo or stopping car in middle of track,bend,chicane start of races can be a bit of a nightmare if more than 20 in a race,join the simbin forum for info about patches,mods etc

see ya around the tracks  thumbs_up.gif

LOL, same here with the 1 gig upgrade coincedently. Got it today (up from 512mb) and it makes a hell of a difference.

Spike...Winding the lock down helped me enormously, you need to be matching the revs when downshifting as well otherwise it locks up very easy.  Practise online as well, rather than offline so you get a benchmark on times etc

Cheers

Grasser#233

i've found upgrading my puter ie memory from 512mb to 1 gig has made a big difference in fps online and offline,also upgraded graphic card to geforce 6600 gtoc

can now play with details on full np

spike i've found u need a lot of patience and time playin gtr if u wanna compete with online ther r some fast guys around god knows how they can get under 2.15 at spa,i can't get under 2.20 banghead2.gif be prepared for some noobs driving on oppo or stopping car in middle of track,bend,chicane start of races can be a bit of a nightmare if more than 20 in a race,join the simbin forum for info about patches,mods etc

see ya around the tracks  thumbs_up.gif

12513[/snapback]

Be aware of the dreaded speed bug m8...................gives false lap times and spa seems to be a prime place for it shrug.gif

thanks for all the help how do i go about getting the upgrade is it something i can do myself or does it have to go to a shop to be done

sorry for the stupid questions not to hot with computers

only just worked out how to turn it on  rofl.gif 

any help would be great as i would like to have a go online with this game if pos thanks alot jay  2.gif

Edited by pants827

hello all me again i have now sorted my comp i put some more memory on (thanks to chris for the advice) 

could someone please tell me what the best controller or steering wheel is to use as my joypad (microsoft sidewinder pad i think) is hard to keep the car going in straight line and with all the aids off i cant even pull away from line with out turning the wrong way  shrug.gif

hello all me again i have now sorted my comp i put some more memory on (thanks to chris for the advice) 

could someone please tell me what the best controller or steering wheel is to use as my joypad (microsoft sidewinder pad i think) is hard to keep the car going in straight line and with all the aids off i cant even pull away from line with out turning the wrong way  shrug.gif

13259[/snapback]

Glad you got the memory installed ok. I use a sidewinder steering wheel, I've had it for about 3 years or so, does the job for me. The quickest GTR drivers also use pedals so they can feed the power in and brake without locking up, It is a very realistic game and takes time to get the hang of but once you do its brilliant fun.

Glad you got the memory installed ok. I use a sidewinder steering wheel, I've had it for about 3 years or so, does the job for me. The quickest GTR drivers also use pedals so they can feed the power in and brake without locking up, It is a very realistic game and takes time to get the hang of but once you do its brilliant fun.

13265[/snapback]

thanks for that nick i just went on line in arcade mode but there seems some funny people in there let me no if anyone from ere goes in they can help me then if i need it also do you use end it all before going in?

Guest Trash

Have to say that as much as I love all things racing in games, I cannot get into GTR at all.

I thought that I may get into it (based on everyone else here seeming to like it) but after a few sessions on it, I have consigned it to its box...never to be played again.

Off for a few frames of World Championship Snooker 2005...cant handle these big noisy cars anymore!

Cheers

Trash

thanks for that nick i just went on line in arcade mode but there seems some funny people in there let me no if anyone from ere goes in they can help me then if i need it also do you use end it all before going in?

13270[/snapback]

good to know u got ur memory sorted m8 thumbs_up.gif i've only been on the gtr simulation mode  online most peeps r good and fair and funny i've changed my lobby name to cap10 rolleyes.gif see u around

Edited by chris

• 3 weeks later...

lo thers a new gtr patch out for any one who still plays it  unsure.gif i do alot  thumbs_up.gif better lobby system now and some other improvements worst thing is having to pay to race  banghead2.gif here is the changes since 1.3 version

New Features and Enhancements

=============================

o Intergrated support for the RaceMore system (see below for details)

o Ingame Multi Lobby Chat Rooms - Language based chatrooms and private chatrooms

o Ingame Lobby improved protocol for faster list population

o Ingame Lobby sortable drivers list

o Ingame Vote Booting - Vote to kick a player off a dedicated server

o "Teams=" added to Result file

Miscelaneous fixes

==================

o Monza season weather issue fixed

o Enna AI arcade mode update - AI collides with Safetycar in pitlane - fixed

o Seat and Vertigo arcade mode - Cars get stuck in gears - fixed

o Some memory leaks in NET module fixed

---------------------------------------

Introducing RaceMore - Phase One

================================

What is RaceMore?

o RaceMore is the place where sim-racing can be enjoyed as a hobby or taken to the level of a sport

o If a quick racing fix is what you need then RaceMore is the place to get it

o If league racing and real hardcore competitions is for you then RaceMore is the place to be

o If you are looking for a place to meet other sim racing fans from around the world then RaceMore is the place for you

By having a close relationship with SimBin Development Team, RaceMore is able to offer features that will be exclusive to RaceMore and its users.

RaceMore Features:

o High-end low ping game servers

o Web based server list/lobby system that allows for the user to automatically join servers simply by clicking the server name in the server list

o A chat system that offers many different topic and language driven rooms

o A chat system that allows the users to share setup files, MoTeC logs and replay files directly through the chat interface

o Comprehensive statistics tracking on all RaceMore servers

o Driver profiles with full statistics

Phase One is the open trial period where all areas of RaceMore are free. The duration of Phase one has not yet been determined, but will allow for all users to get familiar with the options and features on RaceMore.

The use of RaceMore will be open to all and we welcome everyone to come and spend time on RaceMore. Should your ambitions with Online Racing be to participate in organized RaceMore competitions and events or race in one of the forthcoming RaceMore leagues, then there will be additional subscription based options available.

After Phase one, access to RaceMore servers, statistics and other features of the RaceMore interface will require a subscription fee.

RaceMore Phase One will be officially launched on the 1st of May, 2005. Detailed information on how to use the RaceMore system will be released at that time.

The New Lobby System

====================

1.400 contains a number of improvements to the Ingame Lobby system.

The most significant new feature is the Multiple Chat Room system. Next to the main chat box, you will now see a list of Chat "Rooms". A number of Chat Rooms are created initialy by the central server, these are to allow language specific localisation of the chat sessions. The original single chat room has been replaced by a series of "MAIN" chat rooms, where a MAIN chat exists for each language of the game. Which default MAIN chat room you join at startup depends on the Language installation of your game.

E.g. German users will go to "MAIN (GER)" and English users will goto "MAIN (ENG)"

You may switch between the chat rooms by selecting them from the room list.

Coupled with this is a "Show All" option at the head of the drivers list. With this ON, you will see every user inside the GTR lobby system, users in the same Chat Room as yourself will appear GREEN in the list, everyone else will be Grey. With "Show All" off, you will only see users that are in the same Chat Room as yourself.

There is also an option to CREATE a custom Chat Room, and specify a welcome message and a password, for private group chats. Your custom Chat Room will remain active as long as there is a user present in the Chat Room.. The creator of the Chat Room can leave at any time, and the Chat Room will remain active so long as there are active users in the Chat Room. It will be closed down by the Lobby Server system once it has detected the room is no longer in use by ANY users.

The Ingame Lobby Driver Lists are now fully sortable. You can sort in order of Player Name or Game Name, to organise the list according to players or which game they are currently racing in. To sort the Driver List, simply click on the Driver List headers.

The overal performance of the Lobby System has been dramatically improved. Most noticeable with the population of the Driver and Server lists.

Vote Booting

============

Players can now vote to kick a player off a dedicated server.

Use this carefully !

A couple of restrictions have been placed on the booting system to prevent it from being abused.

Each player is allowed to call for ONE vote only per Event( the combination of Practice, Qualification, Warmup, and Race sessions). Even if you leave the server and rejoin, you will not be able to start a KICK PLAYER vote again. There is no restriction on the amount of vote casting (YES/NO).

Careful consideration must be made before calling a vote to kick a player. If your vote FAILS, you will not have the option to start a KICK VOTE again. You may want to first discuss the kick vote with other responsible drivers in a game and reach an agreement before the actual vote is started. You will then be safe in the knowledge that your one and only Kick Vote will be passed and the person you want off the track is gone.

This measure has been introduced to prevent "flooding" of the kick system, where an abusive driver constantly starts votes after they fail, and to avoid the complication of multiple vote kickings simultaneously.

To Start a vote to kick a player, go to the Chat section of the Garage, select that driver in the list, and his name will appear under the KICK option. Select KICK and that will start the vote. Other users can then vote Yes or No in the normal manner.

A successful Kick Vote will remain in action for the duration of the current event (the combination of sessions). This means that if a person is voted off a server, they will not be allowed into the same server again until the next event is started (i.e. the Race is over).

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..