The Forum Is Slow.

Guest Scrapman53

Guest Scrapman53

I've been experiencing this on and off for about a month on and off now, but recently the forum has been really slow to load pages. Is it the same for everyone, or just some of us?

Any chance you could look into it Kev if it's the same for everyone?

I've been experiencing this on and off for about a month on and off now, but recently the forum has been really slow to load pages. Is it the same for everyone, or just some of us?

Any chance you could look into it Kev if it's the same for everyone?

Yep me too Scrappy, I was going to comment on it myself.

It is very slow and even fails to load sometimes.

I have found though, if you right click the link, and open it in a new window it is much faster. As a temporary solution, you could try that m8 :thumbs_up:

yeah , I've found the last few days really slow to load , I gave up trying to edit a post because the page seemed to freeze

though this post and edit seemed to go ok , maybe too many people browsing this site at the one time ?

Edited by garyellis

Perhaps we should consult Erik, I heard he's having a similar problem with his bangers! :rofl:

I can't help being a crap driver.

(At least I'll admit it....)

Edited by erik

Hi all,

Kev is aware that the server is slow, due to his webspace being 87% full at present, therefore when alot of people view the forum it's majorly slower than normal.

Kevin is planning some major maintenance this weekend.

This includes :-

1) Deleting the F2 Website (f2.kev149.com) as I have moved it to its own location (www.ukdirtF2.co.uk)

2) Deleting the oldest replays, pictures or posts that are no longer relevant.

This will take time as you can appreciate, but please bear with Kevin.

Kevin has also been sent a forum upgrade which has alot of changes, so his evenings, when he's not fell asleep or working :o , is taken with this. :thumbs_up:

I have been aware for a while that the forum is running slightly slower than usual. There are, I believe, four contributing factors to this:

1. The number of forum members has increased significantly over the last 3/4 months. This leads to more people being on the forum at certain times of the day, inevitably slowing the forum down.

2. Posting of huge attachments, especially in topics with many posts.

3. Constantly reading RSS feeds.

4. The webspace is over 80% full.

Whilst there is nothing wrong with people posting huge attachments or being on the forum at the same time as others; these are overall contributing factors.

What I'm going to do is the following:

1. Take the forum offline for about an hour later today to reboot the server (it's just like a PC and needs rebooting every now and again - from memory the last time I rebooted it was in October).

2. Stop the RSS feeds for a week or so to see if that makes a difference.

3. Investigate the costs for a more powerful server.

4. Remove the F2 website now that it's been moved to a new URL to save about 100MB of webspace.

5. Remove some of the older replays attached to the forum (2005 to start with).

6. Upgrade the forum software, although this may take me a month or so as work is hectic at the moment.

Give things another week or so to see if you notice any difference.

Just like to say absolute top job being done by both Mav and Kev with the websites.

I know when the forum has gone down in the past for a day or so it's like someone cutting off a part of your anatomy when you've got Jennifer Ellison in front of you wearing not much and saying take me now big boy - Wahoooooo

Superb stuff chaps :thumbup:

Just like to say absolute top job being done by both Mav and Kev with the websites.

I know when the forum has gone down in the past for a day or so it's like someone cutting off a part of your anatomy when you've got Jennifer Ellison in front of you wearing not much and saying take me now big boy - Wahoooooo

Superb stuff chaps :thumbup:

:rofl: something like that kendo..

--------------------------------------------------------

:appl:

Yes, thanks Kev and Mav, the forums one of the best, glad to hear members are on the increase too.

:o Which reminds me you`ll probably want some money soon for 2007 ?

Finally I`ll have what ever kendo`s drinking please..... :blink:

:2: Biffo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..