The Stutters!

Leeroy186

Hi,

Last 3 or 4 times I've raced bangers, after a couple of laps in every race, I get terrible slow down/stuttering as I'm racing around in the game. Its like its in slow motion and jumpy.

Raced for last 4 years with no probs until now, using the same pc, same procedures, end it all etc.

I've asked loads of people if I'm warping and they've all said no, no one else has ever said I am either, so I haven't got a clue what it is??

Thinking about reinstalling the game but this is alast resort if someone knows how to solve it?

Cheers

Does it do the same with all games?

I've only got one other game on here, Fifa 07, as I rarely play games but thinking about it, Fifa started suffering bad slow down a while back say 2 mins into a game, tho I just tried it and it was ok lol!

I spose that'll mean a graphics card prob?

I did update my graphics card with a driver a monthish ago so maybe if I uninstall and reinstall my graphics card that may solve it and put it back to what it was originally.

My pc is ok to handle heat, been fine for last 3 years so can't see why it wouldn't be able to all of a sudden, also dusted it down not too long ago!

I did update my graphics card with a driver a monthish ago so maybe if I uninstall and reinstall my graphics card that may solve it and put it back to what it was originally.

My pc is ok to handle heat, been fine for last 3 years so can't see why it wouldn't be able to all of a sudden, also dusted it down not too long ago!

it might not need to be that drastic m8, make sure u clean out internet histories, temp files, recent files etc....do a defrag and a good spyware/adware etc scan too.....oh and there's nowt to beat a defrag lol

if the problem only started since you started playing fifa, is that an online thing? is that hoarding files or IP connection records or something that may be clogging u up?

it might not need to be that drastic m8, make sure u clean out internet histories, temp files, recent files etc....do a defrag and a good spyware/adware etc scan too.....oh and there's nowt to beat a defrag lol

if the problem only started since you started playing fifa, is that an online thing? is that hoarding files or IP connection records or something that may be clogging u up?

No I don't play Fifa online mate, only game I play online is nascar heat and thats just the bangers!

Fifa was fine and then all of a sudden started going stuttery. I think its something to do with this updated driver I installed (though my memorys not too good and I can't remember if I updated the driver because Fifa was stuttery or not!) so I've just uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics card to hopefully put it back to how it was originally!

I regularly clean out my internet history, files etc, once a week sometimes more.

Think a good defrag is in order so i'll do that overnight.

Cheers

If rolling back to the old graphics drivers doesn't help, as Rikard stated, it could be a cooling problem, give the pc a good vacuum out, being careful not to create too much static or bash into anything sensitive! lol Also check that all of the cooling fans are working, specially the one on the graphics card if it has one.

I have got the same prob too Lee :banghead2: Mine is no way heat I did a good clean of the pc the other week and I had the case off last night.

My problem starting about 3 or 4 weeks ago as well. What ISP are you on Lee?

Cheers

Lakey

I have got the same prob too Lee :banghead2: Mine is no way heat I did a good clean of the pc the other week and I had the case off last night.

My problem starting about 3 or 4 weeks ago as well. What ISP are you on Lee?

Cheers

Lakey

I'm with BT mate. Is yours ok offline Lakey?

Will clean it out as Nick and Rikard have said, I know the fans are ok and the temps are fine as I've checked them.

I've reinstalled the original graphics card drivers, defragged it overnight and will give the case a good clean out when I get a chance. When jolts busy i'll give it another try. If its still shitenhousen then i'll reinstall the game and if its still doing it then, I've got a nice sledge hammer in the garage!

Edited by Lee186

Mine has been doing it aswell within the past couple of weeks or so.

Only time it seems to happen though is (in the F2's) when i've been sat on the grid for a while waiting for the line up to be completed-it's ok on the roller but a few seconds after the GO is called the game stutters a little with the sound going mental aswell.

Can't say it's ever done it before and i've only noticed it in the circumstances as above.

Like yourself Lee, i don't do any other online gaming and haven't changed anything on my pc.

I'll do my de-frag 2night and generally give it a good slapping around.

I have has also started to get this 'stuttering' in the last few weeks.

Only occasionally, maybe just for a few laps a night and so far only happened in practise luckily but its very annoying, it tends to freeze on screen for half a second then jump to where it should be on the track and without knowing it you were following a driver in second then it stutters and your in a multi-car pile up lol. The problem is, if it happens during a meeting (especially the F1, F2, Rods etc.) you never know what might happen. :shrug:

I have just run a virus scan, reinstalled everything and defragmented it last night, so I will see if it happens on Friday night NZ meeting. :unsure: At least if it happens in them theres not many rules I can break. :thumbup:

Edited by Kruiz 136

As wrighty said check for spyware etc,pop up'S etc maybe some rouge program or pop up is stressing your connection, make sure all other programs are closed down[easily forgotten] and above all make sure MSN etc is closed.

Stuttering is a sure sign yon box or graphics card are stressing.If you have had it for 4 years its likely to be a spyware/pop up problem.

If you haven't already tried it, it might be worth viewing the 'Task Manager' by hitting the Ctrl/Alt/Delete keys to see what's running in the background if anything. Note the CPU usage while you don't have anything running, mine shows 0% - 1%, if it's reading high then you need to know what's running in the background.

Again if you haven't already tried it, perhaps a Broadband Speedtest just to make sure that something drastic hasn't happened to your connection. You can try it here...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html

i used to have this problem as my pc was crap spec ( still is lol but a bit better now as ive added some ram and a new graphics card. no problems now btw problem solved for me ) anyway, at the time i turned all the effects settings, commentator, music etc as far down as they go and this certainly helped it no end. game didnt look as pretty but it did the job till i got the upgrades :thumbs_up: give it a try if you dont do it already

If you haven't already tried it, it might be worth viewing the 'Task Manager' by hitting the Ctrl/Alt/Delete keys to see what's running in the background if anything. Note the CPU usage while you don't have anything running, mine shows 0% - 1%, if it's reading high then you need to know what's running in the background.

Again if you haven't already tried it, perhaps a Broadband Speedtest just to make sure that something drastic hasn't happened to your connection. You can try it here...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html

Yea along side End it all, Task Manager is my best friend. It can shut down a few things End it all can't and vise versa so they make the perfect team.

And I feel sorry for you guys having these problems when I have a PC over 6 years old struggling like hell to get around even the internet but plays the game fine on lowish settings with a low but steady FPS :scared15: I guess thats just good ol AMD for ya.

But hopefully on monday I will have my new PC in parts that I'm going to build :king:

Well since I've defragged it, I've hoovered out the inside of the pc but my old problem of the pc switching itself off came back the other day as I moved the pc to hoover it and the pc is tempermental if you move it!

It would only work with the side of the pc off so I've left it off and when i went in jolt last night, it was fine, no stuttering, so touch wood it'll be ok if I race on Tuesday!

Well since I've defragged it, I've hoovered out the inside of the pc but my old problem of the pc switching itself off came back the other day as I moved the pc to hoover it and the pc is tempermental if you move it!

It would only work with the side of the pc off so I've left it off and when i went in jolt last night, it was fine, no stuttering, so touch wood it'll be ok if I race on Tuesday!

Mine was worse than ever on Friday, but I noticed that I had recieved 3 e-mails and 2 instant messages through AOL during the meeting. Is there anyway to disable these features while I race?

Edited by Kruiz 136

as I moved the pc to hoover it

I'm not saying you did, but Never move a PC when its turned on, amongst other things you can destroy your hard drive!! :coffee:

No I never have it on when i move it. I've just had a problem with it for a while where it turns itself off and will only work in a certain position but i've tried everything to solve it bar getting a new motherboard!

as I moved the pc to hoover it

I'm not saying you did, but Never move a PC when its turned on, amongst other things you can destroy your hard drive!! :coffee:

No I never have it on when i move it. I've just had a problem with it for a while where it turns itself off and will only work in a certain position but i've tried everything to solve it bar getting a new motherboard!

Just another thought, I used to have a problem with the PC rebooting itself quite often. I eventually found out that it was a RAM memory problem. Although the DDR memory I have could/should run at 400, the system becomes unstable and reboots itself quite often. Lowering the speed to 333 has fixed the problem and the system is very stable. Saying that and don't ask me why, once or twice when switching the PC on I've heard a long beep which now I can identify as the CMOS changing the memory setting automatically altering the speed back up to 400. Now I recognise this sound (which doesn't happen very often), I can quickly alter the speed back to 333 in CMOS.

Maybe nothing to do with your problem...but you never know.

Just another thought, I used to have a problem with the PC rebooting itself quite often. I eventually found out that it was a RAM memory problem. Although the DDR memory I have could/should run at 400, the system becomes unstable and reboots itself quite often. Lowering the speed to 333 has fixed the problem and the system is very stable. Saying that and don't ask me why, once or twice when switching the PC on I've heard a long beep which now I can identify as the CMOS changing the memory setting automatically altering the speed back up to 400. Now I recognise this sound (which doesn't happen very often), I can quickly alter the speed back to 333 in CMOS.

Maybe nothing to do with your problem...but you never know.

Cheers Woka, it another thing I can have a look at. Tbh a while ago I stripped everything out of the pc bit by bit and ended up running it with just the motherboard in and it was still switching itself off and would only work laying on its side.

I was then told to try it without the extension lead and it worked fine, standing upright without the extension lead I was using! But it started switching itself off when I moved it the other day to hoover it out.

It is now working fine again, standing upright with the side off!

It doesn't bother me now as i'm going to get a new pc sooner or later so the longer it goes for the better!

Back on the subject of stuttering online, its been fine the past few days, but will see tomorrow night as I should be racing :thumbs_up:

Was stuttering again tonight, ok for first 3 or 4 laps then goes funny.

I ran enditall as usual, plus shut down things in the processes tab. I'm thinking its my connection now as it was fine with 3 cars in jolt last night and 7 the other night.

Only other things I can think of doing now, is delete some stuff off my hard drive as its 80gb but has only 16gb free, can't see it being anything to do with that though? And maybe pull each one of my memory cards out as i've got two 256 mb cards and run it on one.

I've done most things now and i'm buggered if i can think of anything else! Just annoying more than anything.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..