Crimond Bangers not good?

erik

For those who have criticised the Bangers at Crimond in the past, (in most cases, despite never having actually seen them), I have a few photos which might change your opinion (then again they might not)....

[attachmentid=15069]

[attachmentid=15070]

[attachmentid=15071]

[attachmentid=15072]

[attachmentid=15073]

post-718-1176667188.jpg

post-718-1176667205.jpg

post-718-1176667300.jpg

post-718-1176667437.jpg

post-718-1176667506.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice racing

weather's a bit grey though :6:

nice racing

its called haze m8 not anything else as i was in t shirt all day :thumbup:

as for that fire :thumbs_down: if the cars where put together as orci(bba) rules that would of never happened but hey is a club track :scared15:

Heres a few i took ;)

[attachmentid=15076]

[attachmentid=15077]

I know it ent bangers but look at the man in the background Skivin (The one in dressed in ALL Red) ;):scared15:

[attachmentid=15078]

Overall was a good meet and kame home like a beetroot :thumbup: lol

post-783-1176671863_thumb.jpg

post-783-1176671944_thumb.jpg

post-783-1176672191_thumb.jpg

Edited by martwisely

Crimond bangers. Still alot of **** .Cmon crimond get drivers to build there cars to ORCI spec jeesus :shrug:

nice racing

as for that fire :thumbs_down: if the cars where put together as orci(bba) rules that would of never happened but hey is a club track :scared15:

I think it would still have happened, if it was a petrol leak, that could happen regardless of what rules you build your car to.

Not true Erik. If it's a petrol leak then it's deffo a problem with the build quality. A well built car with all the right bits up to spec will not leak :banghead2: It's maybe time crimond got tough with their car builds, build them to proper orc/bba spec then cut out problems with bad built cars. I have even seen cars racing there with the dash still in :scared15:

cheers

sparky

ORCI rules better then crimond rules tho . more safer tho .

now I'll shut up as I need a beer :rofl:

"Bad built" cars eh?

That 203 car was badly squashed, and even went on fire, yet the driver got out unhurt. So what was that about "bad built"?

I know many of the Crimond cars race with their dash still in, although mine will be an exception as I have removed it, for safety.

Edited by erik

I agree with sparky tho crimond needs to get strictor on car builds .

"Bad built" cars eh?

That 203 car was badly squashed, and even went on fire, yet the driver got out unhurt. So what was that about "bad built"?

I know many of the Crimond cars race with their dash still in, although mine will be an exception as I have removed it, for safety.

The driver may have got out unhurt but was lucky he was not caught in the fire. The fact that it went on fire like it did is alone bad built as even when it is squashed as it is, there have been many national/2ltr etc bangers squashed ALOT more than that and still survived better so that alone to me says bad build. You said it yourself, you will take the dash out for safety. That is exactly why in national spec you are not allowed to still have the dash in the car. Obviously crimond don't race to this national spec which is there for safety more than anything.

cheers

sparky

"Bad built" cars eh?

The driver may have got out unhurt but was lucky he was not caught in the fire. The fact that it went on fire like it did is alone bad built as even when it is squashed as it is, there have been many national/2ltr etc bangers squashed ALOT more than that and still survived better so that alone to me says bad build. You said it yourself, you will take the dash out for safety. That is exactly why in national spec you are not allowed to still have the dash in the car. Obviously crimond don't race to this national spec which is there for safety more than anything.

Some of the 'pockets' on the dash had become full of glass when we removed the front windscreen (whoever invented bonded windscreens deserves to be shot), had this not been the case, I might have just left the dash in. I would have still removed the radio, and dash 'clocks' etc, as I think they could be sold to Saab enthusiasts, if there is such a thing.

well the whole dash should be removed, I mean everything. My car has absolutely everything removed from the inside apart from the drivers seat .

cheers

sparky

Well mine is the same, apart from the air conditioning system, as I will have to arrange to have the refrigerant 'drained' before I remove it.

Edited by erik

How do any of those pictures prove crimond to be good for bangers.... not critisicing the pictures but all it shows is drivers hitting the tyre wall and rolling over, oh and some dude on fire ... WOW Riviting stuff.

Steve

the car on fire had standard petrol tank in but rules are getting changed i believe.....the tank was the problem and not the 2gallon one that was fitted for racing ok ;)

I hope they don't change the rules as I'm also going to use the standard petrol tank in my car. The previous owner said that this was allowed (as it's infront of the back axle), and advised doing so due a somewhat complicated fuel system. It being fuel injection, it uses high-pressure pipes, but also, supposedly, it has a fuel pump at the tank aswell as a normal one.

the car on fire had standard petrol tank in but rules are getting changed i believe.....the tank was the problem and not the 2gallon one that was fitted for racing ok ;)

I hope they don't change the rules as I'm also going to use the standard petrol tank in my car. The previous owner said that this was allowed (as it's infront of the back axle), and advised doing so due a somewhat complicated fuel system. It being fuel injection, it uses high-pressure pipes, but also, supposedly, it has a fuel pump at the tank aswell as a normal one.

Your mad :shrug: better taking it out for safety

As far as I know erik in bangers you aren't allowed fuel injected cars, must use a purpose built 1/2 gallon petrol tank and use a metal fuel pipe with a small section at either end that is flexible to fit where it needs to. To take out a banger with a road fuel tank in is ridiculous. That fire is the reason you take it out, wether it is in front of the rear axle or not it will still bend and break in a hit :thumbs_down:

cheers

sparky

ps. you are allowed to use a car that is fuel injected but must be converted to a regular carb ;)

Edited by Sparky961

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..