Crimond Bangers not good?

erik

You'd rather have the standard tank than one on the cage? The Standard tanks about about a foot away from the rear of the car, one big hit and shes a flame....Have Fun :shrug:

Try watching some RDC/PRI videos for decent banger action too, or get yourself the Head to Head from yesterday

Edited by Knobby

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are only allowed the standard tank if its a fuel injection car and the tank is in a safe position. I think the Saab's one is in a safe position, hopefully Mr Scrutineer agrees....

You are only allowed the standard tank if its a fuel injection car and the tank is in a safe position. I think the Saab's one is in a safe position, hopefully Mr Scrutineer agrees....

Bet he says no allowed on track :rofl::scared15:

I've seen many a well built banger go up in flames, it only takes an unlucky hit or an unforseen problem to cause it, but to race with the original tank (where ever it's situated) is complete madness and imo is asking for trouble. :thumbs_down:

Unless there's a good chance of your car getting well and truely snapped I don't see leaving the dash in as that bad a thing on a track like that.

By the way you really shouldn't moan about tracks like Crimond, it sounds like a good track for people on tight budgets to go racing, it's tracks like these that are quite often the training ground for future ORC Banger stars.

the car on fire had standard petrol tank in but rules are getting changed i believe.....the tank was the problem and not the 2gallon one that was fitted for racing ok ;)

I hope they don't change the rules as I'm also going to use the standard petrol tank in my car. The previous owner said that this was allowed (as it's infront of the back axle), and advised doing so due a somewhat complicated fuel system. It being fuel injection, it uses high-pressure pipes, but also, supposedly, it has a fuel pump at the tank aswell as a normal one.

erik a few little tips on car prep m8. when you have a front end shunt and the bulkhead snaps the dash board comes down and traps you in the car. not good if its on fire like the one above. also leaving the standard petrol tank in is highly dangerous as if you get put on the cage wheres all that fuel going to go? up like a bomb!

and as for fuel injected cars. i wouldnt use one even if you were allowed as the fuel comes out at such high pressure if it split and caught light it would be like a flame thrower.

i would ditch the saab m8 and get a nice carb'd mk3 cav :coffee:

:2: damo.

Erik,

1) Ditch the dash, if your worried about the electrical side of things, leave the wiring alone, and where the loom runs through the dash, just get a hacksaw blade and cut the dash out carefuly.

2) fuel injection pipes may look confusing, but theres only an extra return pipe needed on the tank ( most injection set ups anyway).

3) providing you use some decent heavy duty rubber fuel pipe, injection need not be a problem, dont skimp on jubilee clips either, buy the best you can get and try using two clips where you would normaly only use one.

I used to race PI Triumphs, and I never had any problems with fuel leaks or fires. In fact I can only ever remember one PI Triumph going up in flames on the track ( someone elses car), and that one, once the pipe was done back up, drove off the track to be fixed for its next race.

i would ditch the saab m8 and get a nice carb'd mk3 cav :coffee:

I must be old skool as I can't imagine calling a cav nice! :rofl:

i agree with nick stick to solid granadas (mk1 granada wanted!!!!)none of that new crap

i agree with nick stick to solid granadas (mk1 granada wanted!!!!)none of that new crap

granny is mainly for umlimited and sometimes national and as all banger tracks run different classes a granny cant be used all the time m8. As we all know that the gd old capri/tina and grannys are getting real hard to get so they are turning to use anything @ crimond just to keep bangers alive abit up there

Edited by Pedz 212

Thanks for the advice damo and mcrew :thumbup: I had already removed the dash a couple of weeks ago, as I realise that it will be easier to 'bail out', if need be, with the dash removed. Now, aub, whats that about not listening? Also, thanks to Nick M for his post regarding Crimond :thumbup:

Dannygirl530 on the other hand, I hope someone puts 583 into the fence/wall, at full chat, and he has forgotten to fasten his seatbelt. You can call the Crimond Bangers "Go karts" if you want, but at least I'm bothering to race.

Edited by erik

What ever your opion is about Crimmond, its still Banger Racing.

Whats better than getting a dodgy old Banger, strip it, wack a cage in, tie the doors shut. Hop in, stick your helmet on. Then at the green flag start racing round. Riskin' life 'n' limb for a good crash and entertaining the crowd. Is that what old Skool Bangers is all about?? :rofl::thumbup:

Guest Trash

Maybe in these modern bilge barges a dash is best taken out, but gotta agree with Nick and co. When proper cars were common without this japanese fwd muck...we found Cortina's were way harder when we left the dash in. They had a metal part to the dash which made the car pretty damn hard, chisel it out and they snapped!

Original petrol tank is asking for trouble. Anyone who has my camcorder crash DVD's will see what an original tank can do with the fire from the Wimbo World 8 on it from 95/96 time. Check it out on a replay and you see Wilko get hit where the original tank is and the resulting inferno was lucky not to cause injury.

Maybe in these modern bilge barges a dash is best taken out, but gotta agree with Nick and co. When proper cars were common without this japanese fwd muck...we found Cortina's were way harder when we left the dash in. They had a metal part to the dash which made the car pretty damn hard, chisel it out and they snapped!

Original petrol tank is asking for trouble. Anyone who has my camcorder crash DVD's will see what an original tank can do with the fire from the Wimbo World 8 on it from 95/96 time. Check it out on a replay and you see Wilko get hit where the original tank is and the resulting inferno was lucky not to cause injury.

Have got it remember seeing that pretty nasty and quitte scary if you would of been there!

Guest Trash

Have got it remember seeing that pretty nasty and quitte scary if you would of been there!

Even from where we were standing (where the camera is) you could feel the heat on your face. Scary is definitely a word I would use, others that describe it can't be used on this forum and one of the reasons that there is a music soundtrack covering up the speech!

Some of the 'pockets' on the dash had become full of glass when we removed the front windscreen (whoever invented bonded windscreens deserves to be shot), had this not been the case, I might have just left the dash in. I would have still removed the radio, and dash 'clocks' etc, as I think they could be sold to Saab enthusiasts, if there is such a thing.

Well most people take the dash out 1st.. and how is that an exception they should all have them out :thumbs_down: And yes Erik i have built a banger and will be racing it this year june sometime so don't come out with crap about me never racing.....It's a Hanging ford seirra o well least it's rwd!

Edited by calum

Purple one was Flan from Barrow Boys used to be a mk2. Richard Grumpy Regan followed nutty nige into him, he manged to squeeze through front window as he only a lil lad good job really. Roar from the crowd was pretty emense to. I got video clip of it on my comp that was taken by cap.

Which is here....

[attachmentid=15114]

coventry_1.zip

Ok erik sorry for another post but can you give me your banger expertise on why these are not on fire?

Who said anything about "banger expertise"?

Well most people take the dash out 1st.. and how is that an exception they should all have them out And yes Erik i have built a banger and will be racing it this year june sometime so don't come out with crap about me never racing.....It's a Hanging ford seirra o well least it's rwd!

When did I say it was an exception?

Erik.. Danny530 Does Race. & Another thing Open your eyes coz 583 did get put in the wall full chat you numb skull...

Unfortunatley, it looks like 583 had his seatbelt on at the time though :thumbs_down:

Edited by erik

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..