• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check the axle at the back just about ripped right out

not taking sides here but y did dennis do it ffs :shrug:

Was he ok (Robbie Dawson)?

I'm guessing he won't be out tomorrow.

Again, not taking sides, but follow-ins belong in the Saloonstox, using them in the F2s is a bit OTT.

Edited by erik

Shows what you know young Erik, follow in's belong in the bangers. They don't belong in the loonz as you strangely believe.. Back on topic, that was some hit and I would think Middler will have a long time to fix his car for the next time!! It has no place in F2 stockcar racing and this is his second offence of that kind, I would reckon his ban this time shall be longer..

cheers

sparky

Robbie will be out at Crimond tomorrow, but in his sister's car. Robbie is ok, George who was also put in by Middler during the same incideent has hurt his elbow though. Gearbox is also wrecked on robbie's car. Heard that Middler will be iven at leats a months ban.....

Shows what you know young Erik, follow in's belong in the bangers. They don't belong in the loonz as you strangely believe

Okay....they belong in the Saloons and the Bangers.

Anyway, good to hear the drivers who were put in aren't seriously hurt :thumbup:

Edited by erik

Shows what you know young Erik, follow in's belong in the bangers. They don't belong in the loonz as you strangely believe

Anyway, good to hear the drivers who were put in aren't seriously hurt :thumbup:

Erik,

Do you awake each morning and think of summit totally stoopid to post on the forum by any chance?

How on earth can you come out with such a statement such as follow-ins belong in the saloons :shrug:

A follow-in in a banger has the potential to be bad enough,but with that the car takes some of the impact and has a degree of give as such,a saloon however isnt exactly the same now is it with the driver liable to take more of the effects of the impact on himself rather than the car...

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and put your "lack of knowledge" down to your youthful exuberance as a pose to you actually being full of shoite and not kowing much!!! :rolleyes:

:2:

Andymek...

Who said that follow-ins in the Bangers and the Saloons were the same/had the same effect?

I'd agree that Bangers have more give, and to an extent, the car takes the impact, rather than the driver. I would also agree that the reverse is true for the Saloons (hence why I want to do Bangers). The Saloons should be no-holds-barred racing, but how can this be the case if follow-ins aren't allowed?

I saw a couple of follow-ins in the Saloons last year at Crimond, and found them great to watch, so as far as I'm concerned, that's where they belong, as oppose to in the F2s where they are even more dangerous.

You really don't know what you are on about Erik do you?? Follow ins are NOT part of saloons. You obviously havn't been to any real tracks and are onyl used to club racing, Crimond saloons are not part of the ORCi and they run to their own rules, the tyres make it spectacular, as far as I am concerned saloons are full contact racing, but that does not mean following cars in as they are primarily racing.. Bangers on the other hand are primarily an entertainment formula in which follow ins and big hits are all part of the spectacle..

cheers

sparky

Every time ive watched the saloons at mildo there had been a run in up the fene and into a rsg, i thought this kinda thing would be fully aceptable because there FULL contact unlike the ftooz.

I think its acceptable :thumbup:

Guest Scrapman53

Followins should be allowed and encouraged in all the contact formulas. Maybe people would think twice about spending 10s of thousands on pounds on their cars then!!!!! Bring it back to a working mans sport and get the fun back is what I say.

Followins should be allowed and encouraged in all the contact formulas. Maybe people would think twice about spending 10s of thousands on pounds on their cars then!!!!! Bring it back to a working mans sport and get the fun back is what I say.

Best post in the topic - Would encourage a lot more people to venture into the sport too

Sparky you seem to claim erik knows nothing when in the "follow-in" thread you claim follow-ins are and attempt to hurt the driver, well yes i supose they are in f2's, but not in contact formula's, not every meeting your'e going to get followed in, unless you follow your self in!

(i think follow-ins should be introduced at monaco formula-1 :rolleyes:)

cheers

check the axle at the back just about ripped right out

Is there any other place for a axle to be on a f2 walker :rofl:

Well said Scrappy

just for information if that was a brand new 06 randall ( i may be wrong ) i'd presume it would be delivered complete less engine box and diff your looking a anything from 5-8000 quid thats before your on track and without wheels and tyres looking at damage on the car your talking about nearly 650 quid ( excluding bumper and nerf rail) if and by looks of parts there were bought from randall.Yes it can be done cheaper but you will find red tops and some blues only use randall gear even at there exorbant prices thats what takes it away from a working mans sport imo.

Guest Trash

Bang on the money Pete, who wants to watch hot rodding cheese wedges play follow the leader anyway lol.

Is there any other place for a axle to be on a f2 walker :rofl:

:scared15::rofl:

Edited by walker

Erik,

Do you awake each morning and think of summit totally stoopid to post on the forum by any chance?

How on earth can you come out with such a statement such as follow-ins belong in the saloons :shrug:

A follow-in in a banger has the potential to be bad enough,but with that the car takes some of the impact and has a degree of give as such,a saloon however isnt exactly the same now is it with the driver liable to take more of the effects of the impact on himself rather than the car...

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and put your "lack of knowledge" down to your youthful exuberance as a pose to you actually being full of shoite and not kowing much!!! :rolleyes:

Andymek...

Dear Mr Wilkie..

Such as i admire your attempt to point out to young Mr Erik i can only come to one conclusion i am afraid to say. Please don't be disheartened by my reply Mr Wilkie but i think it is your good self that is slavering alot of shoite,after all you are only a scruitineer for the saloons and your given information must be limited. Mr Erik is a young exuberant teenager and his knowledge must be a mine field of information.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just thought I would say, after DaveW's post about how much it will probably cost to repiar, Robbie text me yesterday to say that the chassis is actually bent, and that the car is more or less a write-off...however in the long term it would be possibble to repair. Already looking forward to Middler's ban being up so he can "eat concrete".... ;)

Just thought I would say, after DaveW's post about how much it will probably cost to repiar, Robbie text me yesterday to say that the chassis is actually bent, and that the car is more or less a write-off...however in the long term it would be possibble to repair. Already looking forward to Middler's ban being up so he can "eat concrete".... ;)

Marty i'd like to know where the chassis is bent as from the pictures available it doesnt look bent so info as to where its bent would be appreciated.

Erik,

Andymek...

Dear Mr Wilkie..

Such as i admire your attempt to point out to young Mr Erik i can only come to one conclusion i am afraid to say. Please don't be disheartened by my reply Mr Wilkie but i think it is your good self that is slavering alot of shoite,after all you are only a scruitineer for the saloons and your given information must be limited. Mr Erik is a young exuberant teenager and his knowledge must be a mine field of information.

Mr Cod,

All I was trying to say was that follow-ins are part of the Saloons, and that they should be allowed. He is supposed to make sure the cars can stand up to them, not be on here trying to make a fool of me. I realise I'm too young for you lot to take me seriously, and therefore, you prefer to try to make me look even more stupid rather than have a reasonable discussion.

Edited by erik

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..