robbie dawson follow in from midler

Tosh924

Guest nationalssc419

You really don't know what you are on about Erik do you?? Follow ins are NOT part of saloons. You obviously havn't been to any real tracks and are onyl used to club racing, Crimond saloons are not part of the ORCi and they run to their own rules, the tyres make it spectacular, as far as I am concerned saloons are full contact racing, but that does not mean following cars in as they are primarily racing.. Bangers on the other hand are primarily an entertainment formula in which follow ins and big hits are all part of the spectacle..

cheers

sparky

just thought id say that i agree that followins arent part of saloons although tey do happen they shouldnt be allowed. i have first hand experience of being followed in at kings lyn and hittin the plating instead of hitting tyres it DOES hurt. ;) i have seen people and known people to get followed in and rip there ribs apart down the centre. my dad broke both of his feet. and followins shouldnt be incouraged although youll never stop them.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shows what you know young Erik, follow in's belong in the bangers. They don't belong in the loonz as you strangely believe

Okay....they belong in the Saloons and the Bangers.

Anyway, good to hear the drivers who were put in aren't seriously hurt :thumbup:

Erik,

Do you awake each morning and think of summit totally stoopid to post on the forum by any chance?

How on earth can you come out with such a statement such as follow-ins belong in the saloons :shrug:

A follow-in in a banger has the potential to be bad enough,but with that the car takes some of the impact and has a degree of give as such,a saloon however isnt exactly the same now is it with the driver liable to take more of the effects of the impact on himself rather than the car...

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and put your "lack of knowledge" down to your youthful exuberance as a pose to you actually being full of shoite and not kowing much!!! :rolleyes:

:2:

Andymek...

Dear Mr Wilkie..

Such as i admire your attempt to point out to young Mr Erik i can only come to one conclusion i am afraid to say. Please don't be disheartened by my reply Mr Wilkie but i think it is your good self that is slavering alot of shoite,after all you are only a scruitineer for the saloons and your given information must be limited. Mr Erik is a young exuberant teenager and his knowledge must be a mine field of information.

Mr Cod,

All I was trying to say was that follow-ins are part of the Saloons, and that they should be allowed. He is supposed to make sure the cars can stand up to them, not be on here trying to make a fool of me. I realise I'm too young for you lot to take me seriously, and therefore, you prefer to try to make me look even more stupid rather than have a reasonable discussion.

MR ERIC

have you ever saw a ssc driver being followed in to a thick concrete wall with tons of earth behind it. i along with a lot of other members on this forum have witnessed this to hand where a driver has been followed in and hurt and it is not a pretty sight seeing someone who is participating in the race for YOUR enjoyment. One incident that springs to mind was a few years back at cowdenbeath i saw Phil Morgan climbing out of his car walked over to the football pitch stood a few minutes then collapsed in a heap with a broken sternum bone. i am unsure how the crash happened as i didnt see it whether it be a put in follow in or driver error im sure mr wilkie will be able to shed some light. For you to say follow ins belong in ssc is beyond belief. until you actually witness something like this keep your idiotic comments to yourself. i hope you never have the misfortune of seeing a ssc being followed in hard as the end results isn't always a good thing to witness.

It's the concrete wall thats the problem, not the followins.

At least the tyres have some give in them....

Edited by erik

mmmm yeah i'm sure any saloon driver who knows how to entertain the crowd would welcome being followed in to a tyre....which way's it gonna go? left? right? up? (can't go back if there's a car there).....the point is (as sim so correctly said to me while discussing this) bangers have crumple zones to help absorb impacts.....saloons are solid chassis, so the only 'give' in an impact is the drivers ribs :|

it aint worth it Erik m8, 'loons are NOT follow-in-friendly

Agreed, it's not worth it. I can say what I want, but this lot still won't take me seriously, and I'll just be 'digging a hole' (I'm good at this). If I was 10/20 years older, they would have just read my post and given more reasoned feedback, but because I'm not, I usually just get people trying to make a fool of me, Mr Cod's posts are a prime example of this.

If I was 10/20 years older, they would have just read my post and given more reasoned feedback, but because I'm not, I usually just get people trying to make a fool of me, Mr Cod's posts are a prime example of this.

You can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear

Edited by Chewy102

Agreed, it's not worth it. I can say what I want, but this lot still won't take me seriously, and I'll just be 'digging a hole' (I'm good at this). If I was 10/20 years older, they would have just read my post and given more reasoned feedback, but because I'm not, I usually just get people trying to make a fool of me, Mr Cod's posts are a prime example of this.

Mr Erik if i wanted to make a fool of you i wouldn't have to as you do a damn good job of that yourself.

Why does every topic on this forum go off what its was started about and end up with people just slagging others off?

Dont no about others but starting to get abit boring reading this stuff now!!!!

Maybe we should have a heading in the menu under off topic (slag each other off)

:scared15:

Obviously never hit tyres hard enough as the ones at kings lynn hurt like hell

Those are real tyres though Dave.. The ones at Crimond are just normal car tyres chained around the outside, very bouncy things. More rollovers than a ramp rollover competition in the saloons up there..

cheers

sparky

Why does every topic on this forum go off what its was started about and end up with people just slagging others off?

Dont no about others but starting to get abit boring reading this stuff now!!!!

Maybe we should have a heading in the menu under off topic (slag each other off)

Nah, just slagging Erik off :thumbs_up:

Guest Trash

Obviously never hit tyres hard enough as the ones at kings lynn hurt like hell

I'll second that Dave! When I was headed for one I thought "that's ok it's only a tyre". Next thing.....bang.....stop dead.....ouch....find reverse.....continue!

and it is usually over nothing, its also a tad pathetic...

Agreed. Everything has to turn into an argument, usually with me being picked on, despite the original subject matter having nothing to do with me. They start as reasonable discussions, but as soon as I post, it turns into an all on Erik slagging match over nothing.

Edited by erik

Hmmm erik, why dont we brake this down...

Right its a perfectly normal, topic, as you jsut said

All the posts are on topic

Then you post :3:

Then it turns into an erik slagging match

so having a quick think, doesent that suggest that YOU are the problem writing some complete load of old tosh that starts the arguement.... Looks pretty clear cut to me :thumbs_up:

It's because Erik opens his mouth and talk rubbish, tries to take on the men that know what they are talking about in knowledge matches and makes ludicrous claims.. Erik I suggest you come down to cowdie and see what happens when a saloon hits something solid as up at crimond I wouldn't call a tyre wall solid..

cheers

sparky

ps. It's not picking on you, it's showing you up for you're complete garbage you come out with. I came across a crimond raceway messageboard you were on where you claimed that the F1 stockcars would be better coming up to crimond because it is 'better than knockhill' and 'a real stockcar track'.. Never has a bigger load of rubbish been said..

im 13 btw and dont tend to get involved with stuff i just make the occassional post and dont make assumptions (if you know wot i mean) towards wot the main tracks racing is like... i just like to watch and hopefully one day will start to race myself

It's because Erik opens his mouth and talk rubbish, tries to take on the men that know what they are talking about in knowledge matches and makes ludicrous claims.. Erik I suggest you come down to cowdie and see what happens when a saloon hits something solid as up at crimond I wouldn't call a tyre wall solid..

cheers

sparky

ps. It's not picking on you, it's showing you up for you're complete garbage you come out with. I came across a crimond raceway messageboard you were on where you claimed that the F1 stockcars would be better coming up to crimond because it is 'better than knockhill' and 'a real stockcar track'.. Never has a bigger load of rubbish been said..

Makes ludicrous claims/doesn't know what he's talking about? Says the man who got someone else to build his car for him...

Hi marty any news on where the chassis is bent yet ????

Excuse me, who gave you permission to interrupt the argument? :rofl::thumbup:

Sorry just wanted facts not the rubbish :o

cheers

sparky

Makes ludicrous claims/doesn't know what he's talking about? Says the man who got someone else to build his car for him...

think you will find eric that most f1 and f2 and saloons have their cars built for them

Edited by DaveW329

Too get slightly back on topic, I was there and although at the opposite corner of the track and slightly worse for wear due to a few Stella's, it was an absoloute stotter, (not saying it was right) the pics of the car show how hard the impact was, as long as the drivers can walk away thats a plus, however as listed above the possible price of repair is frightening, where total follow in's are unnaceptable and dangerous (IMO) theres nothing better than a hard fought race rather than the move over and follow the leader that we sometimes get.

Guest Scrapman53

Lol Fraser. You mean follow the leader that we almost always get? Bring back the real stockcar racing to Cowdie and I might go back. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..