robbie dawson follow in from midler

Tosh924

4 Week suspension as decided by a management committe. Meanwhile Daniel Rogers for an alledged follow in is awaiting a BOC hearing.

Consitency again!

The Cowdie promotor obviously decided that they could deal with the Middler/Dawson situation hence calling a management committee, JAMES Rogers was at an Incarace track and seems they felt it needs to go to BOC level.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back the real stockcar racing to Cowdie and I might go back. :thumbup:

"Real" Stock car racing as you call it is in the dim and distant past Pete

Gone are the days when we could expect more visitors attending the end of season Saloon Superbowl than actually raced in 2006's feature race

If folks are going to try and keep comparing todays racing to the "heydays" as such then I'm afraid they'll only get more 'n more fed up as time progresses..

I'm fortunate in the fact that I still enjoy "todays" racing,the vast majority of my circle of friends are involved within the racing and a Saturday night at Racewall combines racing(Decent at times, Mince at others) along with a chance to have a chat with mates etc, so as far as that goes its a bigger picture to me than solely the racing aspect of it

Still find it surprising that some folk, yourself included I hasten to add think that Follow-ins should be activally encouraged to dissuade individuals from spending large amounts of money :shrug: .May be great for Joe Public on the terracing but not so good for Joe Bloggs who chooses to spend a few quid on his chosen hobby and then ends up spending a Saturday night in A&E, not knowing what day of the week it is and feeling like cack for days afterwards..

Drivers throughout the years have been subject to bans for follow-ins etc, its stated clearly in the rules that it ISNT encouraged and its for a reason

Watching cars playing Follow the leader as you put it, isnt exactly riveting stuff either but scores can be settled on track, I reckon anyway, without the need for blatant "follow-ins" and Drivers door hits as have been witnessed previously.

:2:

Andymek.

Bring back the real stockcar racing to Cowdie and I might go back. :thumbup:

"Real" Stock car racing as you call it is in the dim and distant past Pete

Gone are the days when we could expect more visitors attending the end of season Saloon Superbowl than actually raced in 2006's feature race

If folks are going to try and keep comparing todays racing to the "heydays" as such then I'm afraid they'll only get more 'n more fed up as time progresses..

I'm fortunate in the fact that I still enjoy "todays" racing,the vast majority of my circle of friends are involved within the racing and a Saturday night at Racewall combines racing(Decent at times, Mince at others) along with a chance to have a chat with mates etc, so as far as that goes its a bigger picture to me than solely the racing aspect of it

Still find it surprising that some folk, yourself included I hasten to add think that Follow-ins should be activally encouraged to dissuade individuals from spending large amounts of money :shrug: .May be great for Joe Public on the terracing but not so good for Joe Bloggs who chooses to spend a few quid on his chosen hobby and then ends up spending a Saturday night in A&E, not knowing what day of the week it is and feeling like cack for days afterwards..

Drivers throughout the years have been subject to bans for follow-ins etc, its stated clearly in the rules that it ISNT encouraged and its for a reason

Watching cars playing Follow the leader as you put it, isnt exactly riveting stuff either but scores can be settled on track, I reckon anyway, without the need for blatant "follow-ins" and Drivers door hits as have been witnessed previously.

Andymek.

yup got too agree andy, it all be a different story if he's car burst into flames like chalkys :3:

Guest Scrapman53

I've been on the recieving end as well as dished out follow ins at Skegness in the Saloons. Nothing more than a sore neck for a couple of days and still had a laugh with the other driver in the pits. The car was fixed with parts from a local SCRAPYARD. And we're talking about a fencepost that didn't move. Not the wall that you can ride round and come to a gradual stop. It was good for the crowd and myself and the other driver had a laugh about it as well. The money has wasted the racing these days, it's like watching a Grand Prix!

Would make a great desktop and no that aint meant as offence to dawson before some dawson fans have a go at me :blink:

:011:

yeh that looks like real stock car racing those pictures there...

1 Hurt driver(318)

1 Written off car(318)

1 Ridiculously damaged car(854)

And to you thats real stockcar racing? :blink:

Not throwing fuel onto the fire, but in the picture on the program cover, it looks like the 318 car is being punted into the spun out car and not the fence. :shrug:

Also 617's follow in from Chris Bradbury at Smeatharpe last year left his car looking in far worse an appearance than that one, his car looked visably bent.

Not throwing fuel onto the fire, but in the picture on the program cover, it looks like the 318 car is being punted into the spun out car and not the fence. :shrug:

Also 617's follow in from Chris Bradbury at Smeatharpe last year left his car looking in far worse an appearance than that one, his car looked visably bent.

Yes in that pic it does, if you read the ftooz photos thread about this then you will see the 318 driver has posted this himself. Also don't you mean 717?

:011:

yeh that looks like real stock car racing those pictures there...

1 Hurt driver(318)

1 Written off car(318)

1 Ridiculously damaged car(854)

And to you thats real stockcar racing? :blink:

I think you should re read my post marty a hint of sarcasm maybe.... :shrug:

318 was at the front of the three cars going into the bend and middler never lifted and followed dawson into the wall, 318 got put in sideways and dawson went in full chat, as you can see it was definately deliberate and Middler Sr was shouting something about Dawson not being able to pass dennis without hitting him or something?? It might just be me but that's called stockcar racing...

Nothing to laugh about that incident scrappy. Unfortunately cars are quicker nowadays, hitting the wall will hurt a bit more due to the speeds involved and everything is more expensive due to inflation etc.. I'd like to see you laugh about an incident in the pits if it was you that wasn't able to work and had you're car written off :3:

cheers

sparky

Obviously never hit tyres hard enough as the ones at kings lynn hurt like hell

I'll second that Dave! When I was headed for one I thought "that's ok it's only a tyre". Next thing.....bang.....stop dead.....ouch....find reverse.....continue!

reminds me of wimbo :rofl:

If i had that sort of cash to flash, i'd be racing on the long tracks or with a mate through a forest. Ovals should be for cheap saloon car racing with the emphasis on fun over speed. At the moment oval promotors are tying themselves up in knots over what a "contact" formula is, with the cash rich drivers putting pressure on them not to let the hard hitting loons damage their superlight, superbalanced superfast dream machines. Add onto that the insurers pushing up the premiums because of some shadowy hse (that never actually turn up and declare anything unsafe in my experience) and you've got problems on your hands. An old neighbour of mine had an F1 v8 back in the late 80's and it was great. Heavy, noisy, slow, handled like a pig, and hit everything in sight. I doubt they'd let it race these days, in case he scratched something valuable. Oh well, as always, in the end the money talks and the bulls**t walks.

Edited by xTx

Guest Scrapman53

Nothing to laugh about that incident scrappy. Unfortunately cars are quicker nowadays, hitting the wall will hurt a bit more due to the speeds involved and everything is more expensive due to inflation etc.. I'd like to see you laugh about an incident in the pits if it was you that wasn't able to work and had you're car written off :3:

cheers

sparky

Aye, but I bet you my car wouldn't cost the silly prices most people pay for those off the shelf "racing machines".

And I have had to have time off work due to a racing injury before. But I took the risk so I guess it had to happen one day. Stockcar racing is a dangerous sport.

Guest Scrapman53

If i had that sort of cash to flash, i'd be racing on the long tracks or with a mate through a forest. Ovals should be for cheap saloon car racing with the emphasis on fun over speed. At the moment oval promotors are tying themselves up in knots over what a "contact" formula is, with the cash rich drivers putting pressure on them not to let the hard hitting loons damage their superlight, superbalanced superfast dream machines. Add onto that the insurers pushing up the premiums because of some shadowy hse (that never actually turn up and declare anything unsafe in my experience) and you've got problems on your hands. An old neighbour of mine had an F1 v8 back in the late 80's and it was great. Heavy, noisy, slow, handled like a pig, and hit everything in sight. I doubt they'd let it race these days, in case he scratched something valuable. Oh well, as always, in the end the money talks and the bulls**t walks.

Well said xTx. :thumbs_up:

Brilliant pictures, capture the moment of impact perfectly.

Well done to the photographer.

Wether or not it was delibirate. It's things like this that get the fans on the tip of their toes. You would be daft not to say that you are already looking forward to the next meeting where the battling duo/trio might clash and what might happen. In the end it might bring in more punters through the turnstiles.

Plus, who are us fans to comment on things like this? We always know way much better than those involved. On many occasions the internet is full of debates about hits, follow ins, etc. etc. It's funny when a driver then comes on the internet and explains the situation or gives his point of view. The result is that it puts many of those posters to shame about what they said.

Dragon

cheers

sparky

Aye, but I bet you my car wouldn't cost the silly prices most people pay for those off the shelf "racing machines".

And I have had to have time off work due to a racing injury before. But I took the risk so I guess it had to happen one day. Stockcar racing is a dangerous sport.

I agree with what you have put about the contact is not there as much now because of the costs of cars and tyres etc etc.

But when you say you would not spend silly money on a car then i think you are wrong unless you would like to spend your racing at the back of the grid, It is very much if someone spends something on there car and makes it go faster or handle better then what you going to do?

The options are come last every race or spend the same and show them that you are better, i agree that money is not everything as you still have to be able to drive the car but money is a big part of all motorsport like it or not.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry to bring this up again but after watching dawson at skeggy im sure he deserved it

I agree to a extent with u aub. It was'nt to long ago dawson was followed dennis in and rolled him. So in my opinion if ifs good for one of them to play by there own rules. Then surely they have to expect others to join in and pay them the favour back. But oo no dawson had the toys out the pram before his car had even came to a stop. But then I witnessed in saloons a few weeks later two drivers who have been going at it with each other. Have another round started and were turning each other up the wall followin on home straight and tht. But i never saw any steering wheels gettin thrown out the windows or the runnin up to confront the other driver(u think dawson wud ave learnt from takin a few hits of forrest when he ran to confront him) :shrug: It should'nt be encouraged and this i agree with but if one driver plays outside the rules. Then he gotta b ready to have it returned under the same style of move.

sorry to bring this up again but after watching dawson at skeggy im sure he deserved it

(u think dawson wud ave learnt from takin a few hits of forrest when he ran to confront him)

the thing being there dawson threw the first punch and brian got the yr ban for it :banghead2::banghead2: a bad case of if ur face fits at cowdenbeath/knockhill :scared15:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..