Meeting?

Guest Scrapman53

Guest Scrapman53

Is anyone interested in a meeting for this mod? Just a one off to start with, maybe after F1s on Thursday? Or Sunday night at 8.30pm?

What do you lads think?

I'd join in if possible, I think it would give a better idea of how good this Mod is with quite a few cars in, although I'm pretty impressed already. :thumbs_up:

PS

Sorry I didn't say 'cya' last night Paul and Scrappy, wasn't being ignorant, I was fighting with the steering and concentrating that much I didn't notice you go. :rolleyes: Yes I'm having trouble handling these monsters as you can tell. :joystick: Haven't even got fully to grips with Rfactor yet, let alone the setups for the F1s. :coffee:

For me to race with you's do I have to pay for jolt server. I only want to use RFactor, not uk dirt mod. If I do need to pay then which league should I enter into??

You can join UK dirt pay your JOLT fees and not actually race in any f the heat leagues.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scrapman53

The reason I let it go was because only 11 people said they'd race. By the time you get the ones out of those 11 that can't make it that week due to family stuff etc, you'd probably end up with 6 or 7. So I didn't really think it was worth it. :thumbs_up:

If an actual 'series' started for this, I think you'd probably get more people to race. I'd also like to race if I can make it (and no, I won't act like I did when I first started BWS) :thumbup:

My thinking was that with over 40 pairs of skins created for the skinpack there is plenty of intrest in this mod.

Maybe what we should do is if we can get use of the server is come up with a format announce a meeting that people need to sign up for and then if we don't get enough numbers we cancel. Not much work and could turn out to be great.

If an actual 'series' started for this, I think you'd probably get more people to race. I'd also like to race if I can make it (and no, I won't spoil it) :thumbup:

Edited by erik

With a view to the long term future of the UK Dirt F1 racing it had been my intention to start organising Series / Mini Series using this mod. At the moment I am working shifts, so it's unrealistic for me to set anything going over the next month or so. Likely I would look to run something more over late autumn / winter - this would probably allow a bit of time for a fuller release and a few more tracks to join the ranks too.

As for here and now - I doubt there would be objection if someone wanted to submit a request to General Admin to use the server for the part of the evening and have some "meeting formatted racing" which I agree would add a different element to testing - seeing how you get on under pressure! That said I make this wild claim without consulting any of the other General Admin members, so don't hold me too it until you check... ;)

Please do remember though it's a Beta release so the guys are looking for plenty of feedback, so don't forget to stick anything that comes to mind in a thread on here somewhere for them... :thumbup:

theres about 4 or 5 guys who play in another server quite regular, but they havent joined ukdirt so are unable to join our passworded server

is there anyway we could unlock the rfactor server to let these guys in for 'testing' purposes, atleast then we'd have a higher number of cars in the server, even a good chance they'd even join ukdirt after a taster

theres still a few of us who play online regular most nights ;)

theres about 4 or 5 guys who play in another server quite regular, but they havent joined ukdirt so are unable to join our passworded server

It looked like Allstar etc were gonna be allowed to race, so I don't see why they (and I) can't aswell? Non-UKDirt people were allowed to have cars in the skinpack, so we should be allowed to participate in 'testing' aswell. When the skinpack was made, it was said that non-UKDirters 'helped with testing', so it's only fair...

It's a joke how these 'other leagues' & members, reep the reward, and jump on the bandwagon so to speak, of all the hard work of the team of whome have been loyal to the original UKDirt league/games (where it all began and was created for). Then. why do members of these 'other leagues' feel the need to regularly post on this "UKDirt Forum" :shrug::rofl: (while slagging it off and seemingly trying to destroy it alltogether!) Then...You want to be involved with beta-testing of the Next Gen UKDirt game and race on-line using Jolt 3 (Supplied for and Paid with UKDirt members cash) If you've broken away from this league and refuse to join it, then I dont know how many can have the nerve to come back on here asking to race on-line on jolt as beta testers.

...anyway that's my opinion lol (I've highlighted certain parts to make it easier for those 'other league' members to read as we know they're not the brightest sparks in class)

Oh yes...my reason for commenting...! Yes! I'd enjoy a race this Sunday at the very least. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

rFactor F1s ain't UKDirt pal. Again, it was said that the non-UKDirters helped with testing, so does this not mean that we should be allowed to test this other game aswell?

I sense this is gonna turn into another argument over, basically, nothing, so leave it at that.

Edited by erik

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..