KR3W test meeting rant

Matty300

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking to buy a wheel and probably will if a season starts for these , because i can see from the few meetings we have had you are going to need one to run with the faster guys , now i just have to decide what one to buy and how much to spend , the G25 looks awesome but i guess you need to decide wether your hobby warrants a 170 pound wheel , i doubt my GF would be very impressed :blink::angry:

Edited by Paulp23

long live BRISCA HEAT far better :thumbup::thumbup:

Agree Trav :thumbup:

My cell phone has better graphics then Heat... I have 4 extra keys on my phone, I guess I can race heat on it then... :042:

It might have better graphics than heat but the racing itself isnt as good as brisca heat...thats just my opinion so no one start biting my head off.

You are corret, it isnt as good, its better... thanks for pointing that out.

I will add this , but i must say i can't stand arguing with people on the internet , it feels so pointless i prefere to look somebody in the eye , but how on earth you can say HEAT has better game play i just don't know. :rofl: and i'll leave it at that , thats just my opinion aswell.

I have been looking to buy a wheel and probably will if a season starts for these , because i can see from the few meetings we have had you are going to need one to run with the faster guys , now i just have to decide what one to buy and how much to spend , the G25 looks awesome but i guess you need to decide wether your hobby warrants a 170 pound wheel , i doubt my GF would be very impressed :blink::angry:

simple...dump her ;)

seriously you dont have to get the most expensive wheel, rFactor is a long way from Heat (from what I can gather) and is certainly more streamlined to the Simulation of racing as to the "pick up and play" of Heat. Obviously fair enough not everyone can afford or has got room for a wheel & pedals, but it is something thats definatley worth looking into - not just for F1 Stockcars but the multitude of high quality mods for rF and the future of sim racing in general.

Just hope that when the league starts Forced Cockpit View is available :P

your only saying that so you dont have to nick a giro to buy rfactor ya thieving postie :rofl::rofl:

haha fishy one :thumbup: ive already got it and had a play on and off line and for me its no where near as good as what we are already using i just hope that it comes down to a vote before its swapped over next year :thumbup:

haha fishy one :thumbup: ive already got it and had a play on and off line and for me its no where near as good as what we are already using i just hope that it comes down to a vote before its swapped over next year :thumbup:

well of course the mod is in beta stage so theres a long way to go yet, if you're talking about rF compared to Heat thwn.... :shrug:

for me its the genral game play.

the cars look great and sound good but the handling is a lot harder compared to heat but the main thing for me is the game play the hitting is just no where near as good as heat half the time when ive hit some one ive spun out

thats to do with physics (in respect some mods are trash whilst others have it spot on) and/or control of your own car when you get hit or hit someone.....its called practice, nothing to do with the game at all in that respect.

your only saying that so you dont have to nick a giro to buy rfactor ya thieving postie :rofl::rofl:

fair due's m8 everyones entitled to thier opinion. i have to admit i like the challenge of rfactor especially trying to get a yes from Simon Cowell oooops thats x factor thats scrappys avenue :3::3:

seriously ukdirt the graffix are a bit lame but i cant condemn a game that has given me hours of fun and through the game met some very nice people both online and at the racing. TBH i would like to see the league progress towards Rfactor not only for the challenge of hard racing but also to compliment the various people involved in the dawn of Rfactor F1's. some may say if it's not broken dont try to fix it i dont see it this way i see this as a step in the right direction to promote ukdirt/Rfactor online racing. i welcome only sensible replys to this post as i for some reason managed to post something sensible :blink:

fair due's m8 everyones entitled to thier opinion. i have to admit i like the challenge of rfactor especially trying to get a yes from Simon Cowell oooops thats x factor thats scrappys avenue :3::3:

seriously ukdirt the graffix are a bit lame but i cant condemn a game that has given me hours of fun and through the game met some very nice people both online and at the racing. TBH i would like to see the league progress towards Rfactor not only for the challenge of hard racing but also to compliment the various people involved in the dawn of Rfactor F1's. some may say if it's not broken dont try to fix it i dont see it this way i see this as a step in the right direction to promote ukdirt/Rfactor online racing. i welcome only sensible replys to this post as i for some reason managed to post something sensible :blink:

theres a first... :rofl:

Guest Scrapman53

I think if it comes down to a vote, then we may see a break away league. Maybe not the correct thing to happen, but we obviously have a good few people that don't like rFactor. :scared15:

Could it be some people are afraid of losing their red top / always winning status? maybe they fear the competition rFactor F1 may bring.. :shrug: whatever happens i would only subscribe to ukdirt if there was an rFactor F1 leauge as the Heat mod really seems dated and i would not pay to race it. this is not aimed at anybody in particular , it's just a theory. :042:

Hopefully, MOR and Dan will be running the meetings from next week under UK Dirt rules so all the normal rules will apply.

Maybe taking 'after the wf' a little too literally lol....... i know for a fact im not available next week so its unlikely that we'll be running ukdirt test meetings then. The main reason for not starting until after the wf was so not to devalue the event, or cast a shadow, so to speak. We'll keep you posted, and i'll be releasing another skinpack for those who missed the last one.

Hopefully some more meetings can run in the meantime, thanks for the effort put in so far chaps.

Could it be some people are afraid of losing their red top / always winning status? maybe they fear the competition rFactor F1 may bring.. :shrug: whatever happens i would only subscribe to ukdirt if there was an rFactor F1 leauge as the Heat mod really seems dated and i would not pay to race it. this is not aimed at anybody in particular , it's just a theory. :042:

Im glad you quickly posted that reply after the crap i read in your first post.. Been on the game once was expecting to get blown away by it i wasnt... time will tell i spose..

Edited by PARKY

Im glad you quickly posted that reply after the crap i read in your first post.. Been on the game once was expecting to get blown away by it i wasnt... time will tell i spose..

i think calling the post crap is immature , it probably has some truth to it , but finding somebody to admit it , is another thing. this is exactly why i said forget it , maybe you can't read to good? :rolleyes:

i think calling the post crap is immature , it probably has some truth to it , but finding somebody to admit it , is another thing. this is exactly why i said forget it , maybe you can't read to good? :rolleyes:

i think your 1st post pretty much somes it up paulp, its a harder game to drive with it being a more realistic simulation

aub didn't like rfactor when it 1st came out as he was off the pace, but hes turned that around now hes got the hang of it, it only takes a bit of practice and obvously a wheel does help to get on the pace

i hope more people give it a chance till they get used to it as i gaurentee you'll start to enjoy it more than heat

Edited by HUTCH

agree there hutch i didnt like it then i got a bit better with the pad and was semi on the pace but i felt that was about as fast as i could go without a wheel so i got 1 and i must say its 100 times better all it you is a bit of time to get used to it and when you do im sure u will have toatally differnt thoughts about it

Guest Scrapman53

Another thing I found that helped a bit to start with on shale with a wheel was to turn speed sensitive steering up to 100%. I don't use it now, but it stopped the front end diving towards the fence if I didn't straighten the car up enough.

I think if it comes down to a vote, then we may see a break away league. Maybe not the correct thing to happen, but we obviously have a good few people that don't like rFactor. :scared15:

I thingk it would be a shame to see this happen, as with UK Dirt being so big it attracts all the top drivers. However if Rfactor is not adopted I think you can guarantee that will happen.

I dont think anyone knows what the answer is at the moment, I don't envy admin having to make that decision and I guess we all have to trust that they will do what is best for the organisation as a whole as I am 100% sure they will.

why is it spam????

ive come on here and give my own personal points on this which is far more than many others moaning about rfactor have so stick the spam up your ARSE :thumbup: i guess you want every one to say how great it is and bow down to you. well im not like that ive been online in ukdirt since near the begining and ill say it how i see it :thumbup: