KR3W test meeting rant

Matty300

Firstly apologies for quitting tonights test meeting after 1 heat, but let me explain my reasons please. I invited my girlfriends' 9 year old son over to watch a meeting in practice, & this is what happens:

1) After downloading a track I didnt even know existed until 3 PM this Sunday afternoon I join the server at 7.45PM to get a few laps practice & maybe some sort of setup. Not knowing that I couldnt use a Willie Peters skin Id downloaded from rFactor central "because its not on the server??", whatever that means, someone called Hutch calls for me to be booted. Why Hutch? Would it not have been easier just to quickly explain that I had to buy & then use a novice skin? How am I supposed to know this?

2 "Aub" asks "Whos the T**T in the blue & red car?" (me) because during a WARMUP he had to swerve around me. Bearing in mind a 9 year old sees this. Later in HT 1 Aub decides hes been hard done by & calls someone else a "f**king p***k", again for everyone to see.

Now the reason I downloaded the F1 Stockcar beta was for enjoyment & a bit of a laugh by participating in competitive, but ultimately fun, online racing. Aub & Hutch, you two are a disgrace lads. Why make it such a stressful environment, beginners need time to get to know a mod, what the rules are, the procedures, the keys & so on. Is it really so hard to offer a few words of advice instead of ruining it for others? Complete novices are joining in every week, dont put people off. Ive encountered exactly the same puerile attitude in UKdirt F1's which makes it so intimidating with whining & complaining that i cant be bothered with it now. If I want to be verbally abused or booted off a server for being a novice I can get that on Xbox live.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly apologies for quitting tonights test meeting after 1 heat, but let me explain my reasons please. I invited my girlfriends' 9 year old son over to watch a meeting in practice, & this is what happens:

1) After downloading a track I didnt even know existed until 3 PM this Sunday afternoon I join the server at 7.45PM to get a few laps practice & maybe some sort of setup. Not knowing that I couldnt use a Willie Peters skin Id downloaded from rFactor central "because its not on the server??", whatever that means, someone called Hutch calls for me to be booted. Why Hutch? Would it not have been easier just to quickly explain that I had to buy & then use a novice skin? How am I supposed to know this?

2 "Aub" asks "Whos the T**T in the blue & red car?" (me) because during a WARMUP he had to swerve around me. Bearing in mind a 9 year old sees this. Later in HT 1 Aub decides hes been hard done by & calls someone else a "f**king p***k", again for everyone to see.

Now the reason I downloaded the F1 Stockcar beta was for enjoyment & a bit of a laugh by participating in competitive, but ultimately fun, online racing. Aub & Hutch, you two are a disgrace lads. Why make it such a stressful environment, beginners need time to get to know a mod, what the rules are, the procedures, the keys & so on. Is it really so hard to offer a few words of advice instead of ruining it for others? Complete novices are joining in every week, dont put people off. Ive encountered exactly the same puerile attitude in UKdirt F1's which makes it so intimidating with whining & complaining that i cant be bothered with it now. If I want to be verbally abused or booted off a server for being a novice I can get that on Xbox live.

I'm very shocked and disapointed to here this, mostly because Aub & Hutch have rarely been 'off' with me in the past, in fact both have given me help advice on several occasions in the past.

I was planning to have a go at rFactor this evening, but unfortunately due to matters beyond my control I couldn't, but if this is how new drivers, in what is ultimately a new and challenging game, are treated then I very much doubt I will race next week either. :thumbs_down:

I thought rFactor were trying to attract more drivers? :shrug::blink:

Edited by Kruiz 136

I was shockened and saddened to read this too, Kruiz. I've only done a couple of the test meetings but I noticed this a couple of weeks ago that already people were getting dug into newbies ribs about not being perfect.....it's laughable, it's a brand new mod for a new game, everybody starts from 0 in terms of experience and yet, less than 2 months after the mods release, we get this.

I'm not speaking on behalf of the mod creators here, nor do I intend to (ever), but i'm sure i'm not alone in saying that this is the LAST type of behaviour anyone would expect, never mind encourage. Test meetings are exactly that....tests, opportunities for people new to rFactor and the stock cars mod to get a taste for the online racing......i've hosted test servers since the mod was released and (with one exception who frankly had it coming) havent booted anyone, havent flamed anyone and i've tried to offer setups and advice for anyone needed....i'll be serving again this week Matty, and you're welcome in.

The kind of behavior you've seen tonight should not be considered representative of what you'll always get, but is representative at an all-too-familiar scene that we've all witnessed (Hutch's 'why is he using my skin!?!?!' post last week was just as laughable) and hopefully we'll not see this again anytime soon......people seem to forget that the server isn't subscribers, or 'Jolt' or indeed 'UK Dirt' its free for testing. These meetings are being conducted to promote feedback to help the mod improve, and this kind of unnecessary flaming inhibits this process and is NOT WELCOME AT ALL!!

[/rant] yours, Narked of Aycliffe

as he aint told the whole truth i may aswell it wasnt due to the fact that he was spinning all the time at all hey we all do that so thats not the problem them problem was where you decided not to bother to brake and drill me flat out by the 3rd time id had enough as anyone would jees we all no where the brake is so why not use it same as the other instance really but it was in a race and after finding myself in a decent position i get someone who is about 2 laps down again flat out drill me into the fence no doubt i over reacted a bit but a hit like that on ere breaks your car and race over unlike heat a few need to take that into consideration b4 you start driving like that

so in all fairness next time tell the full story eh

would it not have been easier if you tested the game before hand or was that too much a hassle, you came in with a bmw m3(the server said) after several people telling you something was wrong , the car choice is pretty simple F1'SSSS , there was a days notice of tracks procedures etc , TRY READING THE FORUM POSTS BEFORE YOU MAKE IDIOTIC STATEMENTS

your the one who made the mistake so deal with it, and i think your 7.45 time was more nearer to the 8.30 scheduled race meeting :banghead2:

I was shockened and saddened to read this too, Kruiz. I've only done a couple of the test meetings but I noticed this a couple of weeks ago that already people were getting dug into newbies ribs about not being perfect.....it's laughable, it's a brand new mod for a new game, everybody starts from 0 in terms of experience and yet, less than 2 months after the mods release, we get this.

I'm not speaking on behalf of the mod creators here, nor do I intend to (ever), but i'm sure i'm not alone in saying that this is the LAST type of behaviour anyone would expect, never mind encourage. Test meetings are exactly that....tests, opportunities for people new to rFactor and the stock cars mod to get a taste for the online racing......i've hosted test servers since the mod was released and (with one exception who frankly had it coming) havent booted anyone, havent flamed anyone and i've tried to offer setups and advice for anyone needed....i'll be serving again this week Matty, and you're welcome in.

The kind of behavior you've seen tonight should not be considered representative of what you'll always get, but is representative at an all-too-familiar scene that we've all witnessed (Hutch's 'why is he using my skin!?!?!' post last week was just as laughable) and hopefully we'll not see this again anytime soon......people seem to forget that the server isn't subscribers, or 'Jolt' or indeed 'UK Dirt' its free for testing. These meetings are being conducted to promote feedback to help the mod improve, and this kind of unnecessary flaming inhibits this process and is NOT WELCOME AT ALL!!

[/rant] yours, Narked of Aycliffe

here wrighty maybe you should read back the posts again it was TOSHS whos been using my skin post ;)

Sorry to hear about your treatment Matty. All I really know about it was seeing the way over-the-top language flying about early on in the meeting which was well embarrassing. Thankfully I didn't have a youngster looking over my shoulder but quite honestly if people have to stoop to talking to people like that they should stay offline. :3:

here wrighty maybe you should read back the posts again it was TOSHS whos been using my skin post ;)

k my bad, sorry.......pity the rest of the post wasn't as inaccurate eh

its hardly even close as you werent in the meeting yourself, going on third party storys hardly makes it accurate

its hardly even close as you werent in the meeting yourself, going on third party storys hardly makes it accurate

oh yes, it's all complete lies and fabrications, i'll get my coat. Maybe you should read my post back through again and see how much of it was about last nights test meeting.

Edited by wrighty496

1) After downloading a track I didnt even know existed until 3 PM this Sunday afternoon I join the server at 7.45PM to get a few laps practice

Matty first off tell the truth before you post.

i raced R factor last night until 8.05 pm last night and you WASN'T in the server when i left so your 7.45 is a lie strait from the off. as far as people bullying newbies in R factor that is a load of keech as i am new to this and have found the people who race nothing but helpfull and obliging. R factor is a hard game to master and it is all about self discipline. i asked for a setup that wasn't taily to be told the setup i had wasn't taily and to take my lead boots off. i did this and went from 13.7s to 13.1s. i cant understand why you said you joined at 7.45 when you didnt. if this isnt trying to cause arguments what is? it kinda puts a shadow of doubt over your whole post as if you can lie about what time you joined how do people determine the truth from fictitious rubbish?

oh yes, it's all complete lies and fabrications, i'll get my coat. Maybe you should read my post back through again and see how much of it was about last nights test meeting.

there has only been one newbie who has had it 'dug into there ribs' as you put it 'ERIK' its the same nonsense week in week out with the same excuses ' i havent got a setup' or 'i havent practiced' .......... well what about the people who do practice and make an effort have we just to put up with it ???, the newbies guys like fourwinds who actualy play the game how it should be and put the effort into there racing make it enjoyable, flat out straight on's aren't part of racing after all its a sim and should be driven to as nearest the real thing

matty you were told several times to change your car but it fell to deaf ears, only for you to take notice when i said to boot you

i put my hands up to swearing at mac i lost the rag and apoligise too anyone i offended..........

tho id put my opinion on this matter-

matty u were asked several times by hutch clearly asking you to change your car before anything was mentioned about you being kikd, why? probably because you werent listening to wot was being said to you i think its called ignorance. and u were deff not on the server until after 8.15pm.

being a parent myself of two 6 yr old twins i have a natural instinct to protect them from the evils of the world i dont think a few swear words to a 9 yr olds eyes or ears is enough to start him on a life of crime an drugs most 9 yr olds prob know most of them already. However im not condoning swearing as it could get out of hand.

and im sure by this time aub who was prob equal fastest on the night with hutch and was prob gonna b tight night between them was starting to get frustrated with poor drivin and consideration from others as i ended up witnessing with aub sticking oot of the fence. an i mean oot the fence lol.

i just feel people that do put some time into getting a set that works for them and puttin laps in away from multi player dont get the chance to show there efforts because of people that just turn up obv off the pace.

Ok i don't really want to get involved with this but since I was running the server I guess I should chip in.

Matty, I am sorry if you were offended last night. TBH I had my head so buried in my laptop when I was not driving doing the meeting stuff I did not read 99% of the chat going on.

The only thing I will say is a number number of people asked you last night what car you were using as all we could see was a temp car. When I finally asked you you did reply and then when you were asked to change cars the response you gave was yea latter. Now I am sorry this is not acceptable, if somebody running a meeting asks you to do something you do it. This is what prompted Hutch to say boot him now Hutch is not the most eloquent with words to say the least however if he had not put it like that I would have told you to change or I would boot you.

Now I have offered this before and will do so again, if anyone wants to get together on a server I am happy to give people pointers and help them with setups. I dont claim to be the fastest of best driver especially on tarmac however I do think it is important for people to be incontrol and able to do a lap without spinning before they join a meeting and will help in anyway I can.

When I finally asked you you did reply and then when you were asked to change cars the response you gave was yea latter. Now I am sorry this is not acceptable, if somebody running a meeting asks you to do something you do it.

And welcome to the real world of RM'ing a meeting :thumbup:

Sounds like maybe a bit at fault on both sides?

I'd like to see a rule, though, where if you swear at another competitor you get kicked out of the meeting, then people might think a little more about what they are typing. :shrug:

Hopefully, MOR and Dan will be running the meetings from next week under UK Dirt rules so all the normal rules will apply.

Matty you pm'd me a message rather than post on the forum to make me look stupid. i appreciate that thanks. i would have looked a right divvy saying you were not in the server at 7.45 for which i appologise for i was wrong to say such a thing and retract my statement. ill go with dubs time of after 8.15 when you joined.

Id like to respond to some of the replies to my test meeting whinge please.

1 The time I was on the server is irrelevant. The point Im trying to make is the attitude & behaviour of one or two (& it is a minority it has to be said) was well over the top for what was essentially a TEST meeting. I find the whole experience of getting to grips with a new game, track, settings, controls etc. daunting enough without people jumping on me via in-game messages the minute I leave the pits. I wasnt warned numerous times, in fact I was trying to comprehend what the problem with my unsuitable skin actually was, i didnt realise my car was represented by a blue novice saloon skin obviously as its only what others see. I replied "later" because I assumed people meant a novice skin was required for the meeting proper which began at 8.30, not practice.I wasnt being cocky or flippant.

2 I race in Ukdirt F1s & I like to think that Im a fair & respectful driver who tries to be competitive & not ruin the enjoyment of others. In my opinion last night was a test meeting, no championship points were at stake, so by holding someone up in no way warrants the vitriol & abuse flung my way.Yes my setup was poor & my laptimes equally so, but does that exclude me from racing (never stopped Tim warwick now did it). I totally refute the accusation that I was driving flatout & fencing people every lap because that is patently untrue. I had raced at Sexberium a few weeks before with no problems or complaints whatsoever & dont agree that just because you dont have an effective setup or have spent hours poring over the rFactor forums excludes you from joining a test meeting.Being off the pace is not a crime! At the risk of repeating myself this is what TEST meetings are for isnt it? "and im sure by this time aub who was prob equal fastest on the night with hutch and was prob gonna b tight night between them" Dubstar, relax mate,Its a test!

3In reply to Dubstar i dont think its ever acceptable for a child to witness foul & abusive language in that context, it was so unecessary. I get the impression that a certain few want to take ownership of the mod & treat newbs with utter contempt. How dare they spoil my 13.1's & make me swerve?etc. Relax guys, the more the merrier I say, my girlfriend's 9 year old may want to join in soon, what kind of example are you setting? Im not being holier than thou, but you are sending the wrong messages out.

Now I have offered this before and will do so again, if anyone wants to get together on a server I am happy to give people pointers and help them with setups. I dont claim to be the fastest of best driver especially on tarmac however I do think it is important for people to be incontrol and able to do a lap without spinning before they join a meeting and will help in anyway I can.

I can say that Drumb was very patient with me and that I learned a lot on the night of practice ... I still have LOTS to learn but it is a very helpful thing to have some evening practice with Novices so that we can at least get around the majority of the time well ... (Not all the time in my case!)

Id like to respond to some of the replies to my test meeting whinge please.

1 The time I was on the server is irrelevant. The point Im trying to make is the attitude & behaviour of one or two (& it is a minority it has to be said) was well over the top for what was essentially a TEST meeting. I find the whole experience of getting to grips with a new game, track, settings, controls etc. daunting enough without people jumping on me via in-game messages the minute I leave the pits. I wasnt warned numerous times, in fact I was trying to comprehend what the problem with my unsuitable skin actually was, i didnt realise my car was represented by a blue novice saloon skin obviously as its only what others see. I replied "later" because I assumed people meant a novice skin was required for the meeting proper which began at 8.30, not practice.I wasnt being cocky or flippant.

2 I race in Ukdirt F1s & I like to think that Im a fair & respectful driver who tries to be competitive & not ruin the enjoyment of others. In my opinion last night was a test meeting, no championship points were at stake, so by holding someone up in no way warrants the vitriol & abuse flung my way.Yes my setup was poor & my laptimes equally so, but does that exclude me from racing (never stopped Tim warwick now did it). I totally refute the accusation that I was driving flatout & fencing people every lap because that is patently untrue. I had raced at Sexberium a few weeks before with no problems or complaints whatsoever & dont agree that just because you dont have an effective setup or have spent hours poring over the rFactor forums excludes you from joining a test meeting.Being off the pace is not a crime! At the risk of repeating myself this is what TEST meetings are for isnt it? "and im sure by this time aub who was prob equal fastest on the night with hutch and was prob gonna b tight night between them" Dubstar, relax mate,Its a test!

3In reply to Dubstar i dont think its ever acceptable for a child to witness foul & abusive language in that context, it was so unecessary. I get the impression that a certain few want to take ownership of the mod & treat newbs with utter contempt. How dare they spoil my 13.1's & make me swerve?etc. Relax guys, the more the merrier I say, my girlfriend's 9 year old may want to join in soon, what kind of example are you setting? Im not being holier than thou, but you are sending the wrong messages out.

umpteen posts and umpteen witness's that i told you several times to change your car and its still not your fault............

TRY LISTENING TO PEOPLE INSTEAD OF OPENING THAT BIG MOUTH OF YOURS

honestly what a tit :king:

I'm not taking the [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] here , but i think this is a good sign for this mod , people getting worked up about it even though we only have a beta release and 1 car to choose , :rofl:

Why don't we learn from this and let's all try to be a bit calmer next meeting? :appl: i know it's hard if you get taken out but as some already said it is only a test meet after all.

i am not the fastest driver there are many faster than me but i can offer this small bit of advice regarding set ups , if you use a pad try lowering your Streering lock to 10-12 and see if that helps , if you have got a set that drumb has sent he has lock set to 30 and on a pad i find it very very hard to control with such a high setting. if you have a wheel i dunno what to suggest. :5:

long live BRISCA HEAT far better :thumbup::thumbup:

Agree Trav :thumbup:

My cell phone has better graphics then Heat... I have 4 extra keys on my phone, I guess I can race heat on it then... :042:

It might have better graphics than heat but the racing itself isnt as good as brisca heat...thats just my opinion so no one start biting my head off.