Idea's

Kruiz 136

Just a few idea's that I thought of last night, that I've not seen mentioned anywhere else yet, not sure if its possible or not.

In the upgrades part where you can change rims, wings, sidepods etc. would it be possible to have a superstar flashing lights option? (for superstars of course).

Also, in a real race, on shale, shale gets thrown to the outside of the track making it more slippy & boggy there than on the inside line, especially at Coventry & Belle Vue. I'm not sure if its entirely practical, but might be worth a try?

Also, in a real race, on shale, shale gets thrown to the outside of the track making it more slippy & boggy there than on the inside line, especially at Coventry & Belle Vue. I'm not sure if its entirely practical, but might be worth a try?

The game's good, but I don't know if it's that good.

Although I think graphically it would be great if the shale went up the barriers as the race went on, and also speckled the front/side of cars. And the superstar flashing lights will prob be on the final release. Would look great seeing those lights flashing on the guys at the back.

I also think with some tinkering (and a lot of know how!) some of the tracks could be made so that the whites are graded at the front, a gap, then the yellows, etc. Would help with the starts, and also the possibity of fine tuning the rolling laps so that the PC calls "GO" - I'm sure its possible but theory is easier than in practise!

On some tracks on heat (eg Arena Essex) the starter flag man from the Nascar tracks was used by Nick. Is it possible in rFactor? I think it really aids the game both graphically, and as an aid when racing...even better if he could hold the "laps left" boards out

I also think with some tinkering (and a lot of know how!) some of the tracks could be made so that the whites are graded at the front, a gap, then the yellows, etc. Would help with the starts, and also the possibity of fine tuning the rolling laps so that the PC calls "GO" - I'm sure its possible but theory is easier than in practise!

I'm not sure how feasible something like that is - yes whoever is set as admin in the server can grid up cars in order... but you can only give someone a grid position up to the total number of drivers in the server (i.e. not the complete number of grid slots set up). as far as I know, or the last time I tried at least...

So if we had a 15 car race, but the SS grid slots didnt start until slot 25... then no-one would be able to be set to start from the SS grade slots.

Thats my understanding behind that particular problem anyway... :unsure:

Both my tracks have a grading system built in, bbut you are correct it will place people in the next avaliable slot.

It is possible to have different grip on and off the racing lines, so maybe someting track builders with much more know how than me could maybe implement well

Both my tracks have a grading system built in, bbut you are correct it will place people in the next avaliable slot.

It is possible to have different grip on and off the racing lines, so maybe someting track builders with much more know how than me could maybe implement well

We didnt bother with a grading system, since it wouldnt work correctly. Our thoughts, if the race needs to be 20 laps, make it 21, and the first lap is getting everyone in order. Standing start, it goes green, then you can space the field as needed and go green.

We kinda already have done that with grips. TBH its not that hard to do, yell at me on MSN and I will explain it Drumbstick. My LPCS beta has 2 sets of grips in the corners. On the smaller tracks though, from the videos I watch, if it has dirt on it, it is the racing line :) Now the bigger tracks, Cov, Shef, yeah that would make perfect sence, since you wouldnt head out to the wall that often. Dirt buildup on walls I dont think is possible, and if it was, it wouldnt be a gradual build but more an off/on. I also dont want extra work of adding all that in :scared15:

Does the pace car that is used in rFactor have flashing lights on the roof that could be 'used' / scaled down and turned to be used as a template for the Superstars flashing lights?

We have already got them to work.... I think :042:

Great news :2::appl:

Yes it is :thumbup:

Yes S/S lights were an extremely early addition to the game by Grasser, and haven't been touched since really. Whilst it would be ace to have them, one thing that needs to be considered is the frame rate though - would it kill some peoples computers?

IMO its not the most urgent thing to get done, would be a nice touch, but it also needs to be considered whether it is worth including them for an online enviroment. I suppose if it did cause problems then they could just be 'banned' for online use..... (and if i was in charge of skins it would be strictly superstars online, no cheeky blues with flashing lights :rofl: )

Yes S/S lights were an extremely early addition to the game by Grasser, and haven't been touched since really. Whilst it would be ace to have them, one thing that needs to be considered is the frame rate though - would it kill some peoples computers?

IMO its not the most urgent thing to get done, would be a nice touch, but it also needs to be considered whether it is worth including them for an online enviroment. I suppose if it did cause problems then they could just be 'banned' for online use..... (and if i was in charge of skins it would be strictly superstars online, no cheeky blues with flashing lights :rofl: )

I definately agree ... having none superstars with flashing lights would just be wrong!

Can they not be worked in to the detail groups on the cars as they have detail settings the same as tracks.

and if i was in charge of skins it would be strictly superstars online, no cheeky blues with flashing lights :rofl:

Dam... :thumbs_down::rofl:

Seriously though, I think it would be awesome to see Superstars distinguished from reds with flashing lights if possible, having said that, it would just scare me more when I look in the rearview mirror :scared15::thumbup:

There won't be a problem with framerate. The reason they arn't in the mod is because we decided that everyone would use them if they were available and that would look 100 times more unrealistic than having none at all.

There won't be a problem with framerate. The reason they arn't in the mod is because we decided that everyone would use them if they were available and that would look 100 times more unrealistic than having none at all.

So just make it mandatory for S/S drivers and disallow other drivers from using them.

The same in which a white grader can't use his yellow roof when at white grade. :shrug:

certainly would look good at night on the big race, another small mod that makes it like real life, thats all you see when watching f1 vids when at night. them flashing orange lights peering through the mud.

just a case of warnings and bans if other guys use them really when not to.

• 3 weeks later...

On the topic of Flag Marshals, they can be incorporated apparently, got the info on me if anyone wants it.

I think flag marshalls would be a great addition personally. Also notice while doing the vids that you cant see the steering wheel move from exterior shots. Other mods do, and know also have their arms and body moving with the wheel. This would be a nice graphical improvement.

How about small moveable marker cones on the inside of track where each grade has to line up?

Also... does Birmingham have warp issues?? I saw 3 other people's replays in Round 2 Final which had minor warp, and it is the one track I have major issues with getting kicked from the server, not seeing any chat msgs, and not being lapscored resulting in me finishing last (not entirely the tracks fault though, partly down to my ISP) but I think it's worth just looking at as it is possible it could cause problems in the future, when people's connections aren't spot on. FYI I think there were 24 cars on the server on that occasion.

On the topic of Flag Marshals, they can be incorporated apparently, got the info on me if anyone wants it.

I think flag marshalls would be a great addition personally. Also notice while doing the vids that you cant see the steering wheel move from exterior shots. Other mods do, and know also have their arms and body moving with the wheel. This would be a nice graphical improvement.

How about small moveable marker cones on the inside of track where each grade has to line up?

Also... does Birmingham have warp issues?? I saw 3 other people's replays in Round 2 Final which had minor warp, and it is the one track I have major issues with getting kicked from the server, not seeing any chat msgs, and not being lapscored resulting in me finishing last (not entirely the tracks fault though, partly down to my ISP) but I think it's worth just looking at as it is possible it could cause problems in the future, when people's connections aren't spot on. FYI I think there were 24 cars on the server on that occasion.

On the subject of drivers, could there be an option in the upgrade part where you can change rims, sidepods etc to change the colour of driver's overalls? Only a small detail but would add a bit more variety in the grid. :thumbs_up:

I have a quick question for the guys making the mod , will there be more avalible colour options for the wheel rims? like blue , yellow , green ect ?

and can we have some pink ones for tosh :thumbup:

Think that would be covered by Kruiz idea of overalls. Tosh could have some pink ones lmao

Guest Scrapman53

Any chance of making the mod a stand alone like VHR Stockcars with all the cars and tracks in what is more or less a seperate game with it's own icon on the desktop? Any future addons could be directed there by default.

VHR loads up a lot quicker than rFactor beacuse it doesn't have any other mods cluttering it's folder up. All the tracks are there, (no more searching through 100s of tracks that don't relate to the mod) and it's the same for setup swapping, trawling through long list of folders in game to save your setup.

PS. I have a seperate install with only F1 Stockcar related stuff so not too fussed, but it might be a better idea for the less technically minded. :thumbs_up:

Any chance of making the mod a stand alone like VHR Stockcars with all the cars and tracks in what is more or less a seperate game with it's own icon on the desktop? Any future addons could be directed there by default.

VHR loads up a lot quicker than rFactor beacuse it doesn't have any other mods cluttering it's folder up. All the tracks are there, (no more searching through 100s of tracks that don't relate to the mod) and it's the same for setup swapping, trawling through long list of folders in game to save your setup.

PS. I have a seperate install with only F1 Stockcar related stuff so not too fussed, but it might be a better idea for the less technically minded. :thumbs_up:

Personally I hate stand alone installs, makes the mod creators think they're better than the rest and need to be separate! Keep it all in the family so to speak, a lot less hassle and a lot lest work for the mod crew :)

From what I understand VHR was developed to be released as a stand alone game. It was not supposed to be released as a mod and ISI are not very happy about it.

As I said before, can we see if the drivers arms/moving body can be added to the in-car view, etc. I know it can be done now, as seen on other mods.

It doesn't bother me so much, but when I have been doing these videos, the 1st thing people (non sim fans) say is "where's the guys hands on the wheel?" "that's daft" type of comments. I'm not criticising, but it would be fantastic to see this (along with a flag man on start/finish line!)

Hi just remembered to post this about leaving the track before quitting out of races, just wondered what u guys opinion is on this, dunno about urselves but i no of a few times where i have altered or swerved off my line due to a spun car ect only for it to dissapear and let then following driver nip passed. I was wondering if some kind of ruling like u must be on centre green before u quit out of a race/retire from a race ect should be introduced to save any possible issues with it at least no one will then lose a race or a position unfairly . just an idea before i get shot at lol.

Guest Scrapman53

Not sure if this is what you mean Iron. But when I've been racing VHR. You can press ESC as soon as you lose it. Imo. this is better than having to wait till you have stopped as it can cause a much bigger pileup if you have to wait.

Doubt if this would have any effect on a race though as we will all race till the end. :thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..