System Proccesses

Kruiz 136

Hi all,

I think this is a long shot tbh asking here, but here goes.

For the last few days I have been expereincing a 'laggy' game in nascar heat when I'm racing online.

So I did a bit of research and did the following:

Last night I did a virus scan and ran a defrag.

I started up the computer today and opened up the Windows Task Manager and clicked the processes tab. It said 99% idle which was good, I thought problem solved. I ran enditall, still 99% idle. I opened AOL and connected and this happened:

Every 3 - 6 seconds it goes from this:

[attachmentid=21123]

To this:

[attachmentid=21124]

This would explain the freezing I get when racing online. Assumably my connection or the AOL software appears to be behind the problem, so has anybody any idea's?

Thanks

Kruiz

post-862-1195905666_thumb.jpg

post-862-1195905684_thumb.jpg

It's AOL - what do you expect? :rofl:

Its been OK for 6 - 7 months and all of sudden this has started?

Another thing is... I had reinstalled AOL a few weeks ago, but I couldn/t find the original disc, so I went to Comet and they gave me a new one. The new was an updated version of what I had before I think, becuase now it says AOL 9.0 VR, whereas it used to be AOL 9.0. Could this be anything to do with it?

hi kruiz,

i had the same problems as you are experiencing now about 6 months ago and i am also on aol.

i have cured this problem by running end it all. (i only hit the end programmes button found at the top (2 grey boxes with crosses in them) and not the kill programmes button ).

then i open task manager and close the aolsoftware.exe's. on my computer. i found there were about 3 of them running in the background and they are very processor hungry. dont close any other aol files just the software ones. this should sort your problem out.

cheers, nezza

Thanks guys :thumbs_up: Problem seems to have gone if rfactor last night was anything to go by. I did find my old CD, hidden in the wrong case :banghead2:

It seems AOL 9.0 VR is a lot more proccessor hungry as system.exe which is an uncloseable proccess apparently, can take up to 30% of the system at any time where as with the old AOL 9.0 only takes up to 10% i've noticed which appears to have solved it. :thumbup:

Kruiz

i think the software crap lol is the email scanners and spyware programmes that always seem to be running on aol but im not 100% sure. i dont really know whether they can be deleted as aol seems to come as one whole package rather than you downloading them as seperates :shrug:

you can use internet explorer/mozilla if you like but you always have to activate the aol programme to get and stay online which is the down side to aol im afraid.

kruiz try what i said and you should see no problems. also in the task manager i shut down extras like the itunes.exe type of programmes which you dont need running when your racing online. i only have about 33 things running when i race so looking at your attachment theres probably afew more you could close to free processor power up.

are u on dail up then??? if not WHY have you got aol on atall?? only time u would need to load aol is to check email?? broadband is live on your pc the min you turn it on so no need to open aol to race??

try turning aol off might solve it for future

TADS

PS:i had aol for yrs left to never look back

tads, aol doesnt work like that m8. you have to have it on. perhaps things were different then ?

if you know how to stay online without using aol then let us know please? i just exited aol and clicked on IE and nothing happened. :shrug:

i can race without opening aol nezz mines connected as soon as its turned on only sign in aol to check emails now really :thumbs_up:

well when my contract was up last febuary i said i was going to leave then so the decided they were gonna send me a free wireless router and lower my bill :thumbs_up: so when i installed it as it is wireless i guess that its active all the time so that someone can pick the connection up without my pc being turned on :shrug:

wonder what goodies i'll get this febuary lol

aslong as you have a router when you turn pc on just hit internet explorer or firefox and the net will load or just sign in to msn ect all is there but i only think this works on routers only not sure about modems never had one

TADS

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of had the same problem as kruiz ,Sometimes it still keeps freezing then afterwards is fine heres a pic to kind of help lol

Sorry I am not best with pc's

post-1142-1197396846_thumb.jpg

Hi mate this by anychance where the arrow is pointing ? :scared15:

post-1142-1197398029_thumb.jpg

yer thats the 1

its a very gud app for spyware detection, but i had same issue with call of duty 2 and bf2,

due to the way spysweeper monitors data streams it can cause what appears to be lag/ or spiking,

with online gaming,

i didnt look into it to much, you can change the way spy sweeper monitors application data,

within setup profiles, tell it to ingnore rf/heat/cod ect but this didnt work for me,

i think the culprit is (WRSSSDK) process you have running,

im not sure but i think you cannot quit this process. as i tried this.

although ther is a couple of processes related to spysweeper (cant rember witch 1 you cannot quit)

theres 2 solutions for this, if setting ignore rf for example don't work

create a new account on you computer for gaming and disable spysweeper for this account,

or jus keep the the installer handy, install/unistall wen you want to scan,

Edited by demonstone

I have another virus checker on pc called AVG (cant mind full name for it) dont know if that could be the problem as I usually have that on when am on pc most of time

cheers for help demonstone ,pc running spot on and not been loading slow etc

cheers

walker

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..