Racing Dilema

Mr Beef

Big al 515 , i have a 20 pound wheel from amazon uk and i do not drive a car in real life but i have managed to reach blue grade in both the ukdirt winter series and drumbs league

No great skill needed really , dodge the accidents and you will get in the points most of the time. :thumbup:

oh and as for my computer a 4 year old dell and a 50 pound nvidia 7600GS.

Edited by Paulp23

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrap, I was meaning that the message seems to be you need an expensive steering wheel and a very good graphics card. I have not got either and won't be buying either. I have a cheap wheel and cheap pc and it'll do for me. As long as people don't look down their nose at that we'll be alright but looking at one or two photos on here I was well shocked at what people had - looked well expensive.

Guest Scrapman53

You are right Al. A G25 won't make you a better driver, and you don't need a megabucks Graphics card and PC either to race rFactor. However, if you want to run the game at max resolution and detail, you're going to need a pretty good graphics card. (7900gto/gtx 7950gt minimum, which aren't too expensive on Ebay). But I don't like smoke effects and too much shadows, so I turn special effects off and shadows down to minimum as I sometimes find them off puting. These 2 things are the killers in framerates in any game, so if you can handle running without them at maximum, you don't even need a the most up to date graphics card either.

In saying that, I'd expect some people with the more up to date machines will play other games as well, and some games that are out now need a more powerfull PC. Remember, rFactor has been out for what - coming on for 2 years now?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..