Racing Dilema

Mr Beef

Aye, perfectly reasonable thread with a valid point and people who don't even race rFactor seem to think they know best. :blink:

You don't like it fine, you've made your point, why even read this thread then? To stir it up as usual.

Typical answer from you problem is the forum is a small place and you spout rubbish all over it so its hard to get away from you :o

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pussy footing round won't get you winning the world.... if it means feather bumpers... minimal contact.... tell where that comes into Stock Car racing... or have i been watching for 30 years a totally different formula that you call stock car ????

Well I would not put John Lund or Frankie Wainman Senior into the big hitter category of Brisca racers yet both have been very successful by being skillful and nudging.

back on topic, the post is about hitting from a lap down or a lap up :blink:

if i'm coming to lap a driver i'll give him a tap out the way if he dosen't move, if he fires me after the pass i'll repay the compliment, it becomes more complicated when you lap drivers who are involved in there own battle

if i'm being caught and lapped by a faster driver i'll move out the way and follow him, i don't see a point in firing guys who are lapping me, they've worked hard for position so deserve a bit of repsect

if i'm faster than a guy whos a lap up on me i'll give him a litle tap and try and pass without destroying his race, if he has a brain in his head he'll let the quicker driver through so he can try and follow on thus keeping his position

as ranny said the bumpers for using but not for banger follow ins :thumbs_up:

Aye, perfectly reasonable thread with a valid point and people who don't even race rFactor seem to think they know best. :blink:

You don't like it fine, you've made your point, why even read this thread then? To stir it up as usual.

Typical answer from you problem is the forum is a small place and you spout rubbish all over it so its hard to get away from you :o

How dare you comment, you dont even race R-Factor. :rofl:

Seems to me he would sooner have a closed shop of rodders and before Kruiz spouts another load of drivel can I remind him that I won the fairest driver in F2's 2006 and was 3rd in 2007.

You cant have Stock Car Racing without Stock Car Drivers.

Kruiz do you think all the real life drivers you have riddiculed as being too hard hitters for their own good, actually give a damn about being a Super Star or Red grade. I THINK NOT.

Rod if you like and hit if you like its what the sport is all about!!

Edited by welly

so where do you rate rob speak and mick sworder.... think they've done well in the passed... if my old memory serves me correct...

BTW.... i've been red for 2 years in F2's,,, ok now blue... but only because i don't have the time to practice... wouldn't say i pussy foot around would you ?????? :5:

enough said... i was only putting my point across... not trying to stir it up...

And where is Speaky now?

Simple fact is that in rFactor you can't follow people in as easily as you can in Heat, most times you come off worse than the car in front, and the standard and skill of driving is so much higher that you probably wouldn't be able to catch them up in the first place :042:

so where do you rate rob speak and mick sworder.... think they've done well in the passed... if my old memory serves me correct...

BTW.... i've been red for 2 years in F2's,,, ok now blue... but only because i don't have the time to practice... wouldn't say i pussy foot around would you ?????? :5:

enough said... i was only putting my point across... not trying to stir it up...

No, I sure as hell wouldn't say you drive lightly, you can drive hard hitting everything in sight in Heat, but thats becuase the cars bounce of each other and are cemented to the racing line, rFactor is completely different.

I just don't think you could drive rFactor like you do in F2 and be red. In fact I know it. I haven't a problem with anyone who wants to just hit hard and have fun, thats fine, its what stock cars is about, it wouldn't be half as good without contact, but don't expect to be winning any races, thats all. :thumbs_up:

Edited by Kruiz 136

so differents is between heat and rfactor.... IS !!!!!!!!!!!! in heat you can use the bumper... stock car racing.... Rfactor you can't without spinning yourself... hot rods with bumpers... :thumbup:

matthew413

"you probaby wouldn't be able to catch them up in the first place" OH handbags at dawn :rofl:

... Rfactor you can't without spinning yourself...

The good drivers dont have that issue...

No I can hit people without spinning, so can others, and we do it well, but you can't hit everything at any time becuase you feel like it. You have to be patient, get the right amount of contact when the weight distribution is in correct place around the axis, its a skill.

Dont be stupid Budge you havent got the skill.

R-Factor racers are a far more skillfull lot than Heat ever were.

Oh hang on a minute where did most of them come from?

Great choice with Mr Smith, clown prince to WF podium, was it 3 years running? You cant win whilst using the bumper though!!

No I can hit people without spinning, so can others, and we do it well, but you can't hit everything at any time becuase you feel like it. You have to be patient, get the right amount of contact when the weight distribution is in correct place around the axis, its a skill.

Why is it that an "expert" can take something you already know and make it sound confusing?

Take a word of advice, you are setting yourself up for a big fall with some of your comments, such as "I can hit without spinning, " and we do it well"!! you'll be saying next I race so realistically that I run out of fuel in a race..

The leagues havent even started and you are making it sound as if the drivers that have taken part in RF thus far are all you expect to race in the league, surely not?

I guess if you take a straw pole of the real Stock car racers that have raced RF thus far they will want, and expect to have, far more competition than they are currently experiencing now, for now this is the practice period, a taster, a prelude, that is all, nothing more.

Wait until the real racing starts, then we will see just who are the experts, please keep the comments coming, I have a full hard drive to save them onto. ;)

ALi P

Another thread turned into pointless crap :rofl:

At the end of the day it always comes down to Heat Vs Rfactor. At the end of the day drivers will either choose Heat or choose Rfactor. At the end of the day both mods will run sucessfully.

So not sure what all the fuss is about? The contact issue is part of each game (good and bad for both). Some people will choose the bumper some will choose the pace. Thats up to the driver in the car! I will use the bumper If I have to and wont when I dont, and the other way round. The great thing about stock cars (Not that Im the most ''up-to-date fan'') is the unpredictable nature of it. Nobody is saying that Rfactor drivers are any better then Heat drivers (And as Welly points out, thats where most of them came from), It's just a case of new game, ''different skill'' and how best to apply it.

It just seems a shame to me that so many have already written the Rfactor mod off without really trying it :5:

Why is it that an "expert" can take something you already know and make it sound confusing?

Take a word of advice, you are setting yourself up for a big fall with some of your comments, such as "I can hit without spinning, " and we do it well"!! you'll be saying next I race so realistically that I run out of fuel in a race..

The leagues havent even started and you are making it sound as if the drivers that have taken part in RF thus far are all you expect to race in the league, surely not?

I guess if you take a straw pole of the real Stock car racers that have raced RF thus far they will want, and expect to have, far more competition than they are currently experiencing now, for now this is the practice period, a taster, a prelude, that is all, nothing more.

Wait until the real racing starts, then we will see just who are the experts, please keep the comments coming, I have a full hard drive to save them onto. ;)

ALi P

Its all getting a bit tiresome tbh, I certainly hope more people do race, I've never once said nobody else can, I'm all for the promotion of rFactor, but some seem stuck in your ways unwilling to try anything different, which is fine, but I don't see why you keep going on about heat is better. I don't see anyone on the heat forum saying rFactor is better :shrug:

I'm not sure exactly what I'm saying that is setting me up for a big fall although I'm sure you can point that out for me, and it will only be you, Parky etc who provide it anyway, in which case its already been going on for 3 months. It seems the only reason you are posting is to have a go at me so I'm posting no more on the matter after this, it seems pointless on a thread about whether or not drivers a lap up should be passed or maybe you just enjoy picking on folk less than half your age? Sad really..

Oh, and last week I did run out of fuel on the last lap, ask DanSkin. ;)

Cheers

Kruiz

Edited by Kruiz 136

ALi P

Its all getting a bit tiresome tbh, I certainly hope more people do race, I've never once said nobody else can, I'm all for the promotion of rFactor, but some seem stuck in your ways unwilling to try anything different, which is fine, but I don't see why you keep going on about heat is better. I don't see anyone on the heat forum saying rFactor is better :shrug:

I'm not sure exactly what I'm saying that is setting me up for a big fall although I'm sure you can point that out for me, and it will only be you, Parky etc who provide it anyway, in which case its already been going on for 3 months. It seems the only reason you are posting is to have a go at me so I'm posting no more on the matter after this, it seems pointless on a thread about whether or not drivers a lap up should be passed or maybe you just enjoy picking on folk less than half your age? Sad really..

Oh, and last week I did run out of fuel on the last lap, ask DanSkin. ;)

Cheers

Kruiz

I fail to see how i get brought into this conversation.. I couldnt give two hoots if you race rfactor and im sure as hell not coming into it so leave me out of it.. I just said what i would do in the situation of lap downs or whatever which people are allowed to do..

Fav book; fly fishing by jr Hartley

Cheers Kriuz made my week, I will cancel my sp b day this June now :thumbs_up:

For info the only mod I currently have on my puter is RF,read into that what you will, as you seem to be able to know what everyone else is thinking.

(Hmmm, a thought may be just to apply for an admin role in RF, just to listen to the bleating when it really starts)

Not sad, but ;)

Cheers

Alan Parkinson

I

The thing confusing me the most about this is why is there even a heat v rFactor?? just race what you want to race , simple as that really aint it? :5:

you guys that have issues just take it into the boxing ring and leave everybody else out of it ,god knows what anybody reading these forums thinking of racing these or heat would think of ukdirt reading it , it's pathetic. :shrug:

When I started this topic it was by no means to start a rfactor v heat war.

I personally can't drive the heat cars, but I love the rfactor mod, I would like to think the heat boys will have a go and come to like rfactor in time. The more that race the better.

I have had my question answered with several different points of view.

To sum up, if you are a lap downed car trying to pass someone who has lapped you do it with caution. It all depends who the driver is as to whether you are taken to task if you make a mess of it.

If someone is trying to lap you, again depends who the driver is, either let them through or risk a date with the armco. :rofl:

:2:

Mr Beef

its stockcar racing..its like an oval battlefield out there..its survival of the fittest and only the best at combat will come through. You do what you can without ruining someone's race but at the end of the day its an individual sport. There are people out there that have there own 'rules of engagement' and you gotta learn by them but accept them and give it back as good as you receive

I thought this thread had finally died an overdue death til Splinter posted - but it isn't a "battle", it's a means of enjoyment for us all. I don't race to try and prove I am better than other people, there's enough of that kind of stuff goes on in 'real' life.

Interesting what people have said my opinion on it is if you have that much time to even worry about what other people are doing you aint driving fast enough gut instinct is the best to use imo sometimes you get it right sometimes you don't but just learn when you don't get it right. :thumbs_up:

I thought this thread had finally died an overdue death til Splinter posted - but it isn't a "battle", it's a means of enjoyment for us all. I don't race to try and prove I am better than other people, there's enough of that kind of stuff goes on in 'real' life.

It was tongue in cheek. I'd just read Mark Bond's write up in the Civil War program :blink:

Fair do Splinter, but in real life there is still room for a budget racer to come and get in the way. There seems a bit too much talk about what a massive amount of skill is needed to be brilliant at rFactor, there's a few egos growing already and then you see some of the kit people have for it. Let's hope those people can still accept losing...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..