First airbrush work

jay427

Here are some examples of my first airbrush work.

Trying to do all the different effects takes time but im getting there.

Comments welcome

[attachmentid=22310]

[attachmentid=22309]

Thanks jay

post-79-1201125921.jpg

post-79-1201125939_thumb.jpg

post-79-1201126151_thumb.jpg

Edited by pants827

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that looks good mate

well done :appl:

That's a lot better than I managed mate :appl:

Which airbrush do you use?

That's a lot better than I managed mate :appl:

Which airbrush do you use?

I bought my airbrush from the big usa if you ever get one then i would advice getting a doulble action trigger one as alot easier to get fine lines with it rather than a single which is just on or off.

As for asking what vinyl is its a sheet of sticky plastic i suppose is a easy way to explain it that you put through a machine and it will cut what ever you have designed (hope that makes sense lol)

Thanks for your comments i will try to keep putting new stuff i do on here for you all to give some feed back on and if anyone wants anything doing then just let me no !!!

Thanks jay

Looks good mate :thumbup:

How did you learn? Did you use any books or anything like that, that you could direct me too? Or was it just practice?

Ive got an Iwata HP C Plus and its awesome! :thumbs_up:

To be honest mate its just practice i think what i want to try and paint then find that item then try and copy it not always work but practice makes perfect i suppose, i also use a Iwata and like you say very good airbrush.

Here is my latest thing i have been trying

[attachmentid=22347]

post-79-1201284088_thumb.jpg

Not bad bruv but not a patch on my signwrighting and the sierra est you raced lol :blink:

Was that you that done that sorry i thought it was your 3 year old son with his crayon set pmsl

It will save me some money now as wil be doing my national :blink:

Guest Scrapman53

Great stuff Pants. Well done!

The union jack could be doing with a bit less black in it, but practice makes perfect eh? Another thing that I picked up when I was dabbling with my airbrush is air on first, air off last. It stops the heavy bits at the start and finish. Easier said than done though! I had a Devilbiss dual action that was nothing but problems, so I asked Craig Jones what he used and he said he used Badger airbrushes, so I got the same one as him. It's up the loft somewhere now though, lol.

Great stuff Pants. Well done!

The union jack could be doing with a bit less black in it, but practice makes perfect eh? Another thing that I picked up when I was dabbling with my airbrush is air on first, air off last. It stops the heavy bits at the start and finish. Easier said than done though! I had a Devilbiss dual action that was nothing but problems, so I asked Craig Jones what he used and he said he used Badger airbrushes, so I got the same one as him. It's up the loft somewhere now though, lol.

Thanks for that mate i agree about the black i have now tried a darker red and works 100 times better as not so strong but still see the idea of the ripples.

Like you say practice makes perfect !!!!!

How do you do them stars so good lol as i tried and it didn't work.

Also how much for a number fin ;)

Cheers,

Courty334

Thanks for the comments lads the dots on the numbers are actually pop rivets they just dont show up that well on the photos but look ace in real life.

As for the price of doing a fin plate mate pm me if you can send it to me im sure i could sort something out for a good price ;)

If anyone wanted one done then please pm me but they will not be done in a day as i have other things to do like working on the national and sign writting a mondeo for jay lol

I will post some pictures of jays car up when i done abit more for all to see coming along nicely ;)

Thanks jay

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..