218 f2 return - maybe =???

hazy

my mate visted a well known f2 manufacturer on monday afternoon

now this may or may not be true or allready be public knowledge but he was told and saw with his own eyes a new car that was destined for an ex world champion making a return with something different!!!

he wasn't alloud to take any pictures but he said it looked awsome needed an engine back axle but as it wasn't signwritten couldn't tell for deffo who's car it was.

now we went through a list of ex f2 world champs and the only one we could relistically see making a comeback was speaky......... watch this space :shrug:

I heard that last year from a reliable source he had a car Could well be him :o

Call me what you will, but i hear this exact story 4 or 5 times a year since 2004 :coffee:

Yeah i also heard there making a new cowdenbeath theres going to be a fuel tax theres going to be a astriod hitting the earth...Aliens are coming to invade...Pigs can fly.... Its all nonsense...Unless we see him out then i dont know :blink:

Don't think you will see speaky back racing for a very long time.

Heard last time he had a elite all ready but it got sold to a dutch driver and was for sale last time I heard but don't take my word for it :unsure:

Mind you it would be good if he came back as he was amazing to watch and knew how to use the bumper.

this car I used to love when he raced

post-1142-1207781068_thumb.jpg

Edited by walker

hi. my dad is best mates with rob speak and wilf speak as my dad bought quite a few things of them.rob has been going threw some bad things at the moment (devoce) and has lost his yard becuase of that. i was at robs/wilf's yard the over week and apparently wilf is buying a f1 aswell as rob may returning to what he can do the best. i have a picture of what was left of his silver top airofoil from the over week when i was there...

cheers Buster just to let you no my dads nick name is oily#211 cheers!

post-6448-1207823973.jpg

like i said in my post this is direct from a manufacturer - could well be a way of getting a bit of credibility but like most others i have also heard this rumour once or twice a year but never from so direct a source/friend - just thought it would be of interest and raise some thoughts

he was always so quick it was like he was cheating :scared15: but if you really studied how hw drove he was so smooth he really did just go quicker at points of the tracks where others darn't or couldn't.

be good to see him and sorry to hear about the personal probs he's havin :thumbs_up:

lol you just can't keep things quiet.....!

You will be glad to know that 218 is back with it's rightfull owner.........!

See yas later in the season :thumbup:

db218

surley tho mr weatherhead will keep 218 all season?

The following has been posted by Carlton Elliott BSCDA F2 Secretary on Ftooz

Its no April fool joke, the golden one has in fact re registered, well to be correct has been registered to race by some one else, not Rob Speak.

The fees are paid, F2 number 218 now once again belongs to Rob Speak, with Barry Weatherhead becoming F2 driver 318.

When we will see him on track is another matter.

I'm sure someone who has closer links to Rob than myself will clarify this in the coming weeks.

Carlton

Can we expect to see the master up at cowdie then if hes coming back this year ? :shrug:

Guest Scrapman53

Can we expect to see the master up at cowdie then if hes coming back this year ? :shrug:

Yes Walker. I've been told he's staying at Gordon Moodies house and Gordon is showing him how to set the RCE up.

hi lads lyk above that aint true hes living in manchester in a little mobile home that is really fancy as i no that becuase i was there the over week.unless the man is there with him!! correct me if i am rong!

:banghead2::blink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..