Kings Lynn Results & Points

DanSkin

Thanks to everyone for racing, some good stuff despite the lower numbers. Well done to Sybe for taking the meeting final, and joint top scoring with Dazza!

Results:

Heat 1: 315 236 3 290 8 288 233 300 221 112 318 39

Heat 2: 236 290 318 315 300 233 8 288 3 221 112 39

Final: 315 290 39 318 3 8 288 233 300 112 236 221

GN: 236 3 288 300 233 290 318 8 112 221 315

38 pts 315 Sybe

38 pts 290 Dazza

31 pts 3 Johno

27 pts 236 DanSkin

27 pts 318 DB

23 pts 288 Ironmac

22 pts 8 Tosh

20 pts 233 Grasser

19 pts 300 Matty

18 pts 39 LeeK

8 pts 112 Tom D

4 pts 221 Spike

Thanks to Kev for taking time out to steward the races too, much appreciated. Join us next week at Birmingham... and bring a friend! Or two!

Edited by DanSkin

Thanks first of all to DanSkin for running the meeting for me, and to Kev for stewarding all the races.

Thanks to everyone that raced tonight, and congratualtions to Sybe on taking the final win. Well done also on becoming top scorer along with Dazza, who seems to really have a liking for Kins Lynn.

Personally, it was a cracking night for me. I have never scored so many points in my life!! Probably wont do the same feat this year.

However, I must say it was slightly disappointing to only see 12 cars booked in. Now I know that some people are not happy about the split times, but that clearly aint the problem as far as this season has gone as we normally have between 16 and 20. I did wonder if it was because there was nothing major to play for? Another reason is that a lot of the rtegulars were away today - perhaps holidays or just people being busy?

Anyway, what I am asking, is for some constructive input into how to improve this league, or perhaps reasons why, this particular meeting suffered? And befre anyone mentions changing day, or changing start times, the answer is no, as the league has worked pretty well until now. And just a small reminder, we have relaxed the skin rules (plus another slight rule change to be announced over the weekend for those already with skins in the game), so if you fancy coming and giving it a try, there isno need o submit a skin until you are confident you want to race. So come and join us and give us ago, as some of the racing this season has been epic!!

Before I sign off, and let you go off into a debate (which I can only hope is a constructive one), I will accpet that I am a little to blame. I was writing previews every week, and trying to build a bit of suspense into the meetings, and these have just stopped. For my part, I will make sure each week, each league has a preview (I will start taking my laptop to work and writing them again). Also, over the next couple of weeks, you should see some meeting reviews appearing onthe Kev149.com, as I get my behind into gear and write them.

Anyway, please make this thred a constrictive one, or else I will close it.

Cheers

Johno

Busted a gut to get home and sorted in time for the 7.30 meetings so far, but just ran out of time tonight.

Not a great fan of Lynn either, straights are too short for decent racing imo.

I think the league is great, meetings are done and dusted in an hourish normally, I think numbers are as high as can be expected considering lots of people in this community have very low spec computers.

Edited by matthew413

Nothing wrong with the league or the people who run it here, I'd be racing almost certainly if I didn't have to work passed midnight most nights. :thumbs_down: Kings Lynn is a very difficult track, I can't get consistent there at least which is why I suspect some of the lower graders didn't race.

See you in September when I'll hopefully be back and more determined than ever to get results and make up for what i missed :)

Wd to race winners and top scorers.

League is great and on the whole the racing has been good with one or two exeptions but thats to be expected.

Unfortunatley I have missed a few meetings through working away and I think everyone knows how much I enjoy my racing.

I have got a lappy now so hopefully if I can pick up a wi fi signal when I'm away I might not miss as many meets even if it means sitting outside macdonalds for a couple of hours :rofl:

Might not be around for the next 2 weeks either :(

Cheers

Mr Beef

nothing wrong with te league i just think its the times that can put people off. if it was just one time and make the meeting every 2 weeks you might find people more interested as then they dont have to do 2 nights worth of practicing/racing in one maybe??? (start time im looking at about 8pm or half 8)

Also Johno, the meeting previews are great. i just dont think you should be so hard on yourself about not doing them as in all honesty if people really want to do it they will.

Edited by Lee

7.30 starts aren't really convenient for me, but I will make the effort to make one if it particularly appeals.

This didn't as I hated the Kings Lynn meeting earlier in the season. No reflection on the track itself, just my lack of competitiveness as I think the corners don't suit anything other than pedals (which I don't use).

I will also be more likely to do shale meetings when I have my new shale skin in the game, that will be an incentive for me to race it.

Nothing wrong with the league for me personally. I just couldn't do this meeting.

The split racing times aren't much of an issue for me to, I'm free the whole night anyway.

as said on this thread, u really need an high spec comp + wheel if u want to be competitive. Maybe this puts people of for now?

I can't see what else could be the problem. Once you get the hang of it, it's really a great mod to drive, and the racing in the league is great to.

I didn't race on-line when heat started coming. But did that league have 30+ people racing in there first season?

As I have raced heat for over five years, I have accumulated setups that I can drive, so after a days work I can almost turn up anywhere on spec and race.

rFactor is a different story, I have no real setups that I am confident with, so after a days work, I have to sit down and practice, not really knowing what I am changing or whether its having a real effect on my poor driving.

Unfortunately I do not have the time to sit for an hour or two, tweaking this and tweaking that and mostly get bored easily if I can't do something. Therefore for me rFactor is going to take a year at least before I am comfortable in what I am doing.

Shale racing on keys is difficult, and good on Spike for giving it a go and getting 4 points, and I know people will say get a wheel, truth is I have one, but just don't feel comfortable using it. Again I may in time adjust and learn to adapt to a wheel, but again I loose faith easily if things go wrong and give up, going back to what I am familiar with.

I tried Kings Lynn for an hour on the sunday before the meeting and just could not stop the back end coming right round exiting the bends. Therefore I didn't feel that I would do anything in the meeting other than get in peoples way and ruin their races in the process - already been moaned at because of this at other meetings!! I am not keen on the way cars handle under contact at slower (my racing) speed, my car spins far to easily after being hit, yet watching those drivers racing at full speed, they seem to shrug off the contact and remain in control - again this could be in the setup of the car, I don't know.

The structure to the times in general are not a problem, but I take my daughter to her swimming class for 6pm, whilst I use the gym. She finishes her class at 7pm and takes an age to get changed, whereby I don't get home until 7:30pm. Having had no meal, feeling knackered and sweaty, doesn't help me want to race the early meeting, nor having been fed, relaxed and clean, help me want to race the 9pm meeting as I am feeling tired and sleepy by then!!!!! If the meetings appeal to me then I ask my wife to take my daughter swimming, and use the night racing. I don't want to do this on a regular basis else my payment to the Leisure Centre would be wasted and considering I pay the equivalent to a years Jolt Fee every month to the Leisure Centre, I think I should use it as often as I can!!! Before you say go on another night, I train on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday, with five a side on friday with snooker on wednesday, leaving only monday (don't want to go due to going on sun and tue!) and saturday - my chill day!!!

On the whole, rFactor is hard for the beginner, but as with everything else it will come in time, and I will endeavour to keep at it, unless I again retire :rofl:

Mav, I can't emphasise the difference a wheel makes, I started with Keys, was useless, tried a pad for about 7 weeks, mostly useless, then bough a wheel off ebay (£20 inc p&p) and was even worse... for about 2 weeks then I won the meeting final and started to get to grips with it, ever since that meeting I steadliy progressed every meeting where I am now, still learning new things every week, but I a lot better, more consistent and faster than I was with keys or a pad. A wheel does take some time to get used to but stick with it and you definately get better.

People shrugging off contact at higher speeds than people on pads and keys is to do with the wheel lock. If you use keys I'd guess about 9 - 15 degrees wheel lock? Pad little more perhaps, wheel is full 39.5 degrees so you can steer into your spin and ease off the gas with the pedal until it straightens back up again, it makes a HUGE difference. You CAN play rFactor with keys or pad don't get me wrong but if you want to expereince the game at its best, then you need a wheel with FFB if possible, pedals and to be racing online where the game really comes alive.

You dont need a computer capable of powering NASA space station which is a common perception, might certainly isn't great, its 4 years old and every week it seems to get slower. Admittedly I upgraded the graphics card and ram so I could enjoy the fantastic graphics rFactor has to offer but aslong as the game doesn't stutter/freeze etc you have no disadvantage over the next guy with a ££££ computer.

There are plenty of drivers using average machines and competing at the highest level.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..