Skegness Results (10/07/2008)

Johno3

Hello Guys,

Thanks to everyone that raced tonight, and most importantly to Kev for stewarding all the races.

Congratulations to Matthew on taking the grand final win. Top points scorer and on the night was ..........

Heat wins on the night went the way of Jimmy and Ironmac The final race of the night, the grand national, went the way of myself

Results:

Heat 1: 259 525 315 286 221 288 300 233 39 3 291 164 515

Heat 2: 288 259 286 291 300 233 164 290 413 221 3 8 525 515 315 dnf 39

A-Final: 413 3 290 315 8 221 233 259 164 286 291 288 515 525 39 dnf 300

GN 1: 3 291 259 39 525 290 413 8 300 233 315 286 288 164 515 221

36 pts 413 matthewb

33 pts 3 Johno

32 pts 259 jimmymuk

25 pts 290 Dazza

22 pts 315 Sybe Racing

18 pts 8 Tosh

17 pts 221 Spike

16 pts 233 Grasser

15 pts 291 Marten

15 pts 286 MrBeef

14 pts 525 Maverick

11 pts 288 Ironmac

9 pts 300 Mattyaspin

9 pts 39 LeeK

8 pts 164 Jarry

0 pts 515 Big Al

Next week sees the first title to be decided on the shale, as we visit the Dutch track of Sexbrium and do battle for the Dutch Championship.

If you unsure about shale racing, this may be the place to try as there is plenty of room. It should produce some classic racing due to its sweeping nature.

The meeting will start at 9pm, so make sure you get youselves booked in.

Once again, thanks to everyone that raced tonight. Kevs site will be updated at the weekend, so you can see what you have to do to try and climb the world qualifying points chart in the final round wqhich takes place in two weeks time at Hednesford.

Cheers

Johno

Juts thought I would add some thoughts onto the meeting.

I think this is a superb track for F1. The racing tonight was superb in my opinion, even the heat races. The key is still staying out of trouble.

For me, the heats didnt go too well. A combination of being a little too slow and catching up with trouble. The final was a great race. I think with 3 laps to go, anyone from a possible 6 drivers could win it. In the end, through all the trouble, Matthew had the lead. I tried for a last bend dive, but was just a little too far back, and matthew held it well!! Then after I had crossed the lie, I realised Dazza was right next too me. I had to check I had eactually come second, and I had by the smallest of margains!! Was a great race, and great to be battling with the stars of rfactor.

The grand national was actually probably the most boring race, although still good if you see what I mean. Had a good little battle with Spike in which he so nearly got me, but I managed to hold on for the win.

On another note, it is great to see Mav and Spike picking up results You can clearly see that the two are really starting to get to grips with the Mod, and I think thats great news. Perhaps its your turn soon BigAl?

Anyway, lets hope for a good turnout next week for the Dutch Open. I will try to have some sort of preview online on Tuesday, vbut I am afraid it may not be as good due to limited time. The school holidays maybe looming, but that appears to bring more work!!!

Cheers

Johno

Thanks admin for running meeting.

Wd Matthew for final and top score.

Wd all other race winners.

Did ok in heats with a 4th and a 3rd but had a mare of a final and GN finishing 10th and 12th.

Hopefully be around next week.

the more i do race r factor the less i enjoy heat

wd maverick on 2nd in the heat m8

GREAT hit in final, matthew spun me right round manage to still get 6th

lucky johno tho i had you in gn but SPUN myself instead o well that racing

GREAT RACING ALL :appl:

Edited by Spike

Cheers all. I got moaned at for burying people in the final but I've watched the replay and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to have done, but I didn't hit anyone any harder than I got hit by the whites at the start of the GN!!

Sorryish for the spin Spike, I had a choice to either back off and let you collect it then try and push you wide at the next bend, or spin you round. I had someone breathing down my neck so I opted for the spin, I figured we'd both end up in the fence otherwise!

Edited by matthew413

On a seperate note (and sorry for whining), perhaps you could have waited a bit longer for those of us struggling to get into heat 1. A 13 car heat isn't great. There was never going to be a consolation and the meeting was over before 8.30.

wd matthew on the win, good hit on myself in the GN, hard but fair.

johno can you explain a bit more why i had to start back of grade last night please. i take it it was just for that 1 meeting?

Thanks for the mentions guys :thumbs_up:

Really chuffed with 2nd, wasn't brave enough to challenge Jimmy for 1st as I am still learning how to drive, let alone hitting cars - thats for later!!!!!

Second heat was spoilt by Matty #300. Obviously was angry at something as two consecutive bends he piled in at speed, relegating whoever was infront down the charts. I gained damage and the car wouldn't handle after that.

Final was chaos, I tried to find my way through the spinning cars only to get tapped and spin myself. Got back up to 10th, but came across the #288 & #39 incident and #288 stopped me passing him three times in one lap, thus relegating me to 15th.

GN was a surprise - I lost a few places in the early laps but managed to keep tight one bend and pass the cars back and stayed in 5th fending off those who challenged me (Sorry Mr.Beef!!!) but delighted to have finished in top 10.

I relly hope I get Skegness as if I am drawn at KL, then I will more likely give my place up as I am unable to drive "safely" in such an important race.

Well done to Spike, its going to be a good contest between us as we have different styles. Hope Big Al keeps it up too, as we have our own "White" battles during the races!!!

"GN was a surprise - I lost a few places in the early laps but managed to keep tight one bend and pass the cars back and stayed in 5th fending off those who challenged me (Sorry Mr.Beef!!!) but delighted to have finished in top 10."

No need to apologise Mav if your talking about the incident where I came on the inside of you and spun, that was just a racing accident and probably my own fault for hitting you with my outside front wheel.

Didnt have any complaints last night all hits on me were fair enough and for position.

I would like to thank Spike for moving out of the way in one of the heats you didnt have to. (First time that has happened to me)

Tbh mav it wasnt a case of stopping u passing me i was more trying to keep my momentum goin as i had a chance of getting in points after being nearly 2 laps down after 2 laps, i wasnt concentrating on who was where i was just trying to keep my momentum goin but apologies if it cost u places. Was the same with others that had lapped me, i seemed to be goin alot faster than some and its hard to no wether to tap them wide and try and make a pass incase u cost them places or just sit and wait for a gap.Sometimes u have to go for a move because it slows u down to much just following slower cars that are a lap up.

On a seperate note (and sorry for whining), perhaps you could have waited a bit longer for those of us struggling to get into heat 1. A 13 car heat isn't great. There was never going to be a consolation and the meeting was over before 8.30.

wd matthew on the win, good hit on myself in the GN, hard but fair.

johno can you explain a bit more why i had to start back of grade last night please. i take it it was just for that 1 meeting?

No problem for asking Tosh, its what I am here for after all!!

Kev did not have the time to update the site last week, so what I did about 7pm was see who was racing, and then add last weeks scores onto the drivers armac scores in order to work out their average (due to running the meeting in points scoring average).

Due to you booking in effectively after the meeting had started, I had not worked out your average, nor really had the time to go and calculate it, so just stuck you at the back of the grade. It was just for this week, and you will slot into your normal place, well as long as you book in on time, next time. It was just the time you asked for the booking, and the stuff I needed to do in order to slot you into the grid.

Having just checked Kev's site, you actually would have had to start at the back of your grade anyway, as you have 34 point average on tarmac, which is second in the reds to the Greengenie 298.

Hope that clears that up for you sir :thumbs_up:

Again, same with Tosh, no problem with you asking at all Matthew.

With Heat having a championship meeting on that night, I was keen to get the meeting over as soon as possible. (I actually had the results thread 99% written before the start of the meeting - hence why the esults were up so quickly).

The other reason was that I was controlling the server for the first time (well in the server) and I didnt want anything to go wrong. As you know, DanSkin didnt race last night, but I was i constant phone contact wih him, and he changed the lap files over for me from a Hotel room!! It would just be my luck that we start the meeting later, then have problems, or I have problems, and then we end up cancelling races as we have ran out of time.

I am a fan of getting as many people as possible to race, hence Tosh's booking, but at the same time, I have to think about he Heat league as well. Whenever there is two leagues, I always have to treat each of them fairly, and that why when there is a rFactor meeting, I always try to have the Heat meeting over with ASAP. It also gives a lot of people time to practice.

I do apologise if it does not suit some people, but I am afraid there is not a awful lot I can do about it, especially when as a team, we are trying to run both leagues.

Anyway, I hope that helps to answer your query as well Matthew :thumbs_up:

Can I just say, feel free to ask me anything. I will always try and answer ASAP, although I am at Skegness this weekend!!

Cheers

Johno

Second heat was spoilt by Matty #300. Obviously was angry at something as two consecutive bends he piled in at speed, relegating whoever was infront down the charts. I gained damage and the car wouldn't handle after that.
Just to clear this one up Mav, ive watched the replay of heat 2 & "hit" one was a gentle tap in which you barely moved & managed to steer round the bend unhindered, certainly nothing that you wouldnt see countless times in every race, & the second hit was actually on jimmy 259 & it was his car that collided with you. Rfactor is very competitive but fair, & these were genuine attempts to gain places, not red mist coming down pile -ins. Lets not go down the whinging route as thats what ruined Heat for me, by all means make constructive criticism, but please dont state i spoiled a heat because that clearly wasnt the case. :2:

Thanks for the encouragement lads :thumbs_up:

I didn't score in Heat or RFactor last night but I definitely enjoyed rFactor more.

Lol at Mav re our own Whites battles - very true, and I will be sorry when you and/or Spike move onwards and upwards!

I book in knowing I will be the slowest there and haven't yet practiced enough and it seems I mustn't have any pedals as I searched for them, I think they must have broke and I chucked them a few years ago - but despite all that I enjoy most meetings & feel I am generally contributing to them even if it's only getting in the way a bit - apart from if I spin on my own in front of someone but I don't do that too often I think and I suppose we have all done that.

Great job Johno & Dan with running it etc.

the more i do race r factor the less i enjoy heat

GREAT RACING ALL :appl:

:thumbup:

Good to hear, certainly a very true comment in my opinion and most others who have given rFactor a fair chance, which you certainly by now have done. Just a question, have you got a wheel yet? You'll never look back to heat once you do.. it changes the game totally and is about 100 times more enoyable (for me at least). :thumbs_up:

Guys, lets get this straight - I know I am renowned for "moaning" and cannot shrug off this tag, but I would be greatful if you would actually read my posts as they are written, not with the pre-concept that I am moaning.

Tbh mav it wasnt a case of stopping u passing me i was more trying to keep my momentum goin as i had a chance of getting in points after being nearly 2 laps down after 2 laps, i wasnt concentrating on who was where i was just trying to keep my momentum goin but apologies if it cost u places. Was the same with others that had lapped me, i seemed to be goin alot faster than some and its hard to no wether to tap them wide and try and make a pass incase u cost them places or just sit and wait for a gap.Sometimes u have to go for a move because it slows u down to much just following slower cars that are a lap up.

Iron, no need for apologies m8, I was simply saying that within one lap after you went out, everytime I got the car straight and set off there you were again recovering yourself and I spun from hitting you again!!! This happened 3 times before you got away leaving me on the tyres, which I did myself due to too much throttle after spinning when I hit you. It's a racing incident and whether I was 1st or 15th, it happens and I will try again next time :thumbs_up:

Just to clear this one up Mav, ive watched the replay of heat 2 & "hit" one was a gentle tap in which you barely moved & managed to steer round the bend unhindered, certainly nothing that you wouldnt see countless times in every race, & the second hit was actually on jimmy 259 & it was his car that collided with you. Rfactor is very competitive but fair, & these were genuine attempts to gain places, not red mist coming down pile -ins. Lets not go down the whinging route as thats what ruined Heat for me, by all means make constructive criticism, but please dont state i spoiled a heat because that clearly wasnt the case. :2:

Matty, don't get defensive m8, you obviously read it as a moan but my comment about "spoilt" wasn't reference to the hits being hard, it was a reference to the fact that after these hits, I knew I wasn't going to get away like I did in the first heat, and that I sustained damage didn't help, so early in the race. Over the meetings I have done, I know you are a hard hitter and someone to move over for, if I wish to finish in the points, but I didn't get the chance to this race and thus "spoilt" my race.

No probs mav i wasnt takin ur comment as a moan to be honest i was just stating from my point of view what happened durin that race and basically saying if i did cost u places ect it wasnt a deliberate move on my part. Glad u saw it that way to.

cheers johno

il remember to book in advance next time lol, sorry for the hassle m8.

I dont mind accepting late booking, especially if its all in, but if Kev has not had time to update the site, then it needs calculating before the meeting starts.

Like I said, as it happens, you average would have seen you at the back of your grade anyway, therefore, I had inadvertatly put you in the right place :rofl:

Really enjoyed this meeting, Wd to mav and spike on some good results. Didn't think id do very well after practice, was struggling to do many "fast laps", but i think consistency helped me. Wd to all the winners, wd to matt on his final win

cya thursday hopefully :042:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..