NIR V0.5 Released!

MoR137

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm perhaps older cards support less shaders.

Copy one of the files you extracted to the directory. And rename it nrplate03B and try again

Thanks a lot m8 :appl::thumbup: works now

Cheers

Mark

Hmm perhaps older cards support less shaders.

Copy one of the files you extracted to the directory. And rename it nrplate03B and try again

The fix and the renaming of the file hasnt worked for me, im still getting the same error :(

Still got the same error like Allstar has :banghead2:

I know your desperate to race the track guys, but please be patient.

I persoanlly would reread MoR's post. He will have a play with it maybe tonight, if not tomorrow.

Dont be too downheartened, it will be sorted in time for wednesday and Thursday he says.

Cheers

Johno

Extract the files in the atached zip file to your NIR directory, as default this will be C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Locations\NIR.

The quickfix worked for me too, thanks Drumbstick.

For those still unable to run NIR, which NIR folder did you extract the files in? Inside the Locations folder is the NIR folder.

Within the "locations\NIR" folder are the folders "NIR" and "NIRHR" to which the files should not be extracted. Sorry if i sound patronising, i had to double check which NIR folder to extract the files to.

Recap - extract to C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Locations\NIR

in all fairness wouldnt that mean they are at a disadvantage though lol with not even having a setup? or one which is rushed etc?

Maybe / maybe not.

I have done 20/30 laps, used a birmingham setup with slightly adjusted gears and am very happy and wont do anymore practice until just before the meeting on Wednesday. So not really at a huge disavantage.

EDIT: Probably explains why I am not very good like :rofl:

Edited by Johno3

The quickfix worked for me too, thanks Drumbstick.

For those still unable to run NIR, which NIR folder did you extract the files in? Inside the Locations folder is the NIR folder.

Within the "locations\NIR" folder are the folders "NIR" and "NIRHR" to which the files should not be extracted. Sorry if i sound patronising, i had to double check which NIR folder to extract the files to.

Recap - extract to C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Locations\NIR

I installed the fix to the main NIR folder to start with, after that didnt work i tried the files in the NIR folder inside the main one to no avail also

I know your desperate to race the track guys, but please be patient.

I persoanlly would reread MoR's post. He will have a play with it maybe tonight, if not tomorrow.

Dont be too downheartened, it will be sorted in time for wednesday and Thursday he says.

Cheers

Johno

I did read that part in MoR's post and do accept that it's a matter of patients, but seeing as the fix could possibly have worked i thought i'd give it a try. I just hope it does get sorted on monday as currently i only have a hedno tar setup as i have been making setups as the meetings have come along so dont have a birmingham one currently. I might try and make one for brum to use thursday just incase

O yeah, try the fix by all means, but you will still need to keep your eyes out for MoR's version just incase its different. As he says he will release a version 0.6 which means that we wil probably all need to delete our versions.

It wasnt meant as meant cinically, just I know he is at work at the minute, and after a 13 hour day it isnt the first thing he wants to do. He does work his socks off though, and if he thinks he knows he can get it ready for Wednesday, then I am sure he will.

As an admin team, we wil be keeping our eyes over events the next few days, and always be in contact with MoR of course.

Cheers

Johno

I had no problems on install & I think it's a great track - Brilliant MOR :appl:

I took the car for a drive right round the outside of the track and its exceptional.

As for driving on the track I used my Skegness setup and lengthened the gears, I also looked at the other elements like damper, bump, stagger and thought "What the hell do they mean???" so I left them alone and took to the track - now doing 14.0's at best - Any Good???? (although I find offline considerably different to online!)

I am sure the reds will be doing 13.4's come thursday.

Oh and at one point I managed to do a Stuart Smith Jnr, by hitting the armco/tyres on the inside and flying through the air. I wasn't concussed either but I felt pretty stupid doing it!!! :rofl:

Oh and at one point I managed to do a Stuart Smith Jnr, by hitting the armco/tyres on the inside and flying through the air. I wasn't concussed either but I felt pretty stupid doing it!!! :rofl:

Pleased to hear you are well and that health and safety will not be after you :rofl:

My lap times were aorund that time, with 13.8 at best. So yes I would imagine the best are doing about 13.4.

JOhno

I installed the track and it froze on the Loading screen.

I managed to Alt/Ctrl/Del out and task manager showed this error about NIRPlate etc so must be the one others have had trouble with.

My pc is XP with on-board Intel Graphics Media Accelerator graphics.

I'll wait til MOR comes back with something else to try.

Thanks Drumbstick - done half my research for me there!

Keep the feedback coming and i'll definitely have chance to look tomorrow night.

mine is working also now i have changed all the file names i includes a "B" in the names

and thats have worked by my.

MoR it looks great the track well done

Edited by Dannysan

Thanks guys, glad it seems Drumbsticks fix is starting to work and that helps confirm what the problem is. I've also spoken to the guy who made the problematic textures and he also thinks it is the ATI issue, so all is looking good for a fix tonight when I'm home. I will send it out to one or two of you to check it works, so if anybody hasn't fixed it on their game yet..... DON'T! Lol.

Thanks all for your help and great feedback on the track itself.

Cheers

MoR

MoR i have had a quick play tonight, and have found what seems to be a 'hole' in the track. Where the startes bo is on the home straight, jsut before the start line painted on the track, if you ride very close to or along the wall the car seems to fall slightly then 'bounce' back up as if it has hit a ledge. I also noticed this on the other side of the track by the pit gate.

It's not a huge problem, I only noticed it as i tend to get very close to or slightly slide along the wall on a hot lap and using bonnet cam the 'bounce' is slightly anoying.

I have made a video which shows what i mean more clearly

NIR_Hole.zip

Edited by The London Allstar

MoR i have had a quick play tonight, and have found what seems to be a 'hole' in the track. Where the startes bo is on the home straight, jsut before the start line painted on the track, if you ride very close to or along the wall the car seems to fall slightly then 'bounce' back up as if it has hit a ledge. I also noticed this on the other side of the track by the pit gate.

It's not a huge problem, I only noticed it as i tend to get very close to or slightly slide along the wall on a hot lap and using bonnet cam the 'bounce' is slightly anoying.

I have made a video which shows what i mean more clearly

NIR_Hole.zip

That'll teach you not to ride along the wall down the straights :011::thumbup:

Thanks Allstar, good find, and it should be fixed in the next release of it.

I've just spent the last couple of hours on NIR and have sent it out to a few of you who had problems with the last one (please don't be offended if I haven't sent it to you, its just much easier to keep it to an isolated group just in case there is problems) so if all comes back positive there will be a new version up tomorrow evening when I'm home, so keep an eye out!

Thanks again for your help everybody, you've all been great!

MoR

Thanks guys, 0.6 will be out in a minute