Setting up your Steering Wheel: Hints/Tips

Johno3

Hello Guys,

Last night I mentioned how I had changed the settings on my steering wheel, and this was thank to Hutch #331.

Having just had a breif discussion with him, he has sent me a picture, which may well help some of you. Its about adjusting the rates, and what it did for me was help me to cure my understeer.

So thanks very much to Hutch for the picture, and obviously the work in finding the settings. I hope it can work for you like it did for me.

post-189-1218128630_thumb.jpg

Ok, after a discussion in chat on Thursday and after what Johno has already said above....I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread were people can post how they have their particular wheel setup as a bit of a starting point or guide if they are new to racing rFactor and are having trouble setting their wheel up

So if anyone else wants to post how they have their wheel setup or anyone has a question about their own wheel and how to set it up...this is the place and hopefully someone will have an answer

Mine is a Logitech G25... in the Logitech profiler I have my wheel setup like this below

post-42-1218221297.jpg

In game I have the same as Johno above and my force feed back like below

post-42-1218221307_thumb.jpg

And I also use reelfeel plugin, which an addon for the force feed back and is available HERE at rFC

Hope this helps, this above is by no means "how to have it" and is open to change lol

Ok, after a discussion in chat on Thursday and after what Johno has already said above....I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread were people can post how they have their particular wheel setup as a bit of a starting point or guide if they are new to racing rFactor and are having trouble setting their wheel up

So if anyone else wants to post how they have their wheel setup or anyone has a question about their own wheel and how to set it up...this is the place and hopefully someone will have an answer

Mine is a Logitech G25... in the Logitech profiler I have my wheel setup like this below

post-42-1218221297.jpg

Can somebody tell me where i can find this window??

Tinman

• 4 months later...

I'd also like to try and re setup my wheel, as i'm sure that i could get more out of it. As i said preveiously further up in the thread i have my wheel so that the centering spring is set low (takes about 1 second to go from 90 dgrees of lock back to the centre). I think my pedals are fine, got the sensitivity on 50% and then throttle rate to 20%

Using a logitech formula force ex

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..