Suggestion Thread

Johno3

As is a UK Dirt tradition, at the end of the season, we always like to have a suggestion thread, where you put forward your thoughts and opinions on the season that has just past, and more importantly, suggest ways that you think would help the Mod to improve.

So basically, it is over to you.

Please remember not to go slagging people off, and also try not to put down anybodies suggestions. Please feel free to critisize if you feel something has been done, or handle wrongly, but please do so in a constuctive manor, and perhaps suggest a way that your proble could be improved.

Also, this thread is for suggestions for the Rfactor league - the Heat league will have their own thread after their final meeting for the season next week.

All suggestions will be iscussed at the Admin meeting at the end of the month.

Cheers

Johno

I know earlier in the season i was pretty anoyed about those dual championship meetings, where the qualifying for the main race on the thursday was done on the wednesday, giving those who couldnt do the wednesday next to no chance of getting into the main event due to there only being 1 or 2 LCQ's(think it was the euro's?) Mayby a system could be thought up that allowed say half of the grid to be formed on wednesday and half on the thursday to give a fair split to those who didnt get the oppourtunity to do both nights.

Something that i was quite anoyed about tonight, starting at the back of the yellows for the final or the trust fund final i foudn that before i had even passed the start / finish line some of the blues had already overtaken me, the cars infront were moving slowly, and it looked as if the blues had 'jumped' the start or were rolling too quickly as the grade gap had vanished. Mayby the steward for the race could call a restart or something as it pretty much ended my race on lap one.

Thats it for now, i'l probably think of something else over the next few days. It's not all doom and gloom i've had the most fun racing rfactor F1's online than i have in any of the other online leagues / formulas so the admin team are doing something right!

Lol touched a nerve, seriously i thought heat f1's were being dropped this year ?

Initially at the start of last season, this was the case, but there is doubt that there are planty of people that still want to race Heat.

However, we do learn, and we have learnt lessons from last season, and we will be using static times or both leagues. Right now those times are being discussed, between the admin team, with an announcement looking to be reached by the end of the month, pretty much after we have our admin meeting on the 27th of November.

I want to stray away fromt his debate though on this thread please because this is about moving the Rfactor league forward, and not what we should do with Heat. However, I know this is a subject that you are all keen on, so if there is anything that you want to know, then please feel free to PM me and I will of course answer your questions.

Cheers

Johno

In order to run it on another night, we would effectively need a 8 day week, asthe same arguement applies to last year, and thats why should another mod risk losing drivers in order to accomodate an F1 league?

In regards splitting the leagues and having them effectively go 'agaisnt each other', the stats show that there is a core group of drivers that race in both leagues. This can be as high as double figures, and thus weakening both leagues.

The split times will not be a problem next season, as they will be set in stone, and not swapped around each and every week.

Believe me, we are trying to cover every angle in order to make this work for everyone. We are still a pretty big community, and therefore we have to try and accomodate everyone.

EDIT: Can we please keep this to running Rfactor next year, and thus how to improve the Rfactor league rather than who should be having what time and what day. I am promise you, we are discussing all ideas, and nexts years season, for both leagues should be better then last year, if we can get all our new initiatives into place. This means though that we still want some of your ideas and your thoughts.

So please tell us.... What worked for you last year? What didnt work for you last year? Is there something that has potential and needs to be twisted a bit? Do you yourselves have any new ideas?

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

Personally I think better policing and more of an equilibrium between driver standards from admin would help.

Before anyone jumps on their high horse about what is & what isn't about Stock Car Racing!

Until anyone has spent 10 consecutive years with in a team week in week out & been apart of

7 Brisca World finals, 6 National points, 15 other championships, 200 + final wins & 500 + race wins then I am not interested in any Stock Car Racing preaching

Hope things can be sorted for 2009 as the rFactor F1 as great potential

Take it easy all

db218/318

Personally I think better policing and more of an equilibrium between driver standards from admin would help.

Before anyone jumps on their high horse about what is & what isn't about Stock Car Racing!

Until anyone has spent 10 consecutive years with in a team week in week out & been apart of

7 Brisca World finals, 6 National points, 15 other championships, 200 + final wins & 500 + race wins then I am not interested in any Stock Car Racing preaching

Hope things can be sorted for 2009 as the rFactor F1 as great potential

Take it easy all

db218/318

wfcup.jpg

I think you saying tighten up on disciplinary, but could you expand on that to help us out a little bit when it comes to discussing it at the Admin meeting.

Cheers

Johno

The split times will not be a problem next season, as they will be set in stone, and not swapped around each and every week.

Johno

I can't see how 2 mods can be set in stone time wise on the same day, that would mean one mod runs early and the other late still meaning both sets of drivers will be pissed if the time don't suit 7.30 is a bit early 9 is a bit late .... but the 8.30 is a good inbetween

I understand the predicament but people have had a year to try rfactor out its about time minds were made up, choose one or the other

I can't see how 2 mods can be set in stone time wise on the same day, that would mean one mod runs early and the other late still meaning both sets of drivers will be pissed if the time don't suit 7.30 is a bit early 9 is a bit late .... but the 8.30 is a good inbetween

I understand the predicament but people have had a year to try rfactor out its about time minds were made up, choose one or the other

And news just in.....

UKDIRT doesn't revolve round Hutch's hours of availability....

And news just in.....

Are no opinions are allowed bawbag.......... i think you'll find it aint just me that has the problem with the times

What did you step down for ? to save you the headache of when rf f2's are out........ it'll be the same FILTERED when they are out but then it would be revolved around 'your' availability....

And news just in.....

Are no opinions are allowed bawbag.......... i think you'll find it aint just me that has the problem with the times

What did you step down for ? to save you the headache of when rf f2's are out........ it'll be the same FILTERED when they are out but then it would be revolved around 'your' availability....

Of course if you dont like it you can stick to your sunday nite leauge where half the drivers cant keep it in a straight line :042:

And news just in.....

Of course if you dont like it you can stick to your sunday nite leauge where half the drivers cant keep it in a straight line :042:

Sing when your winning arrives ......

And news just in.....

Sing when your winning arrives ......

Fine one to talk pmsl

This is not what this thread is about.

Points have been made, and they will be taken into account, but unfortunately at UK Dirt it is not as simple as saying scrap heat. There are plenty of people that want to race Heat still, and these people need to be catered for as well.

Start times are under discussion as we speak, with 3 possibilities open to us. I have tried my best to answer any questions thrown my way, but we have to cater for everyone and not just the Rfactor crowd.

The suggestion thread clearly states that we should not be arguing with other peoples point of view, and if anything offer constructive feedback.

Like I said earlier on, any problems regarding start time, please feel free to PM me and I will answer any queries, but please leave this to sensible suggestions on how to imrpove the racing, and thus the league.

This thread will be locked over night to make sure that it does not turn into a slangging match thread.

Cheers

Johno

i can only really think of one suggestion and that is that championship meetings and wcqr should have random start grids within grades as it is enterly possible to start from pole of your grade for every race if you get into the server first each time unless of course you win a race. i think the change midseason with the final grid was a very good idea and made a big difference. anyway thats it see you all next year whatever time we race

have to agree with hutch if im honest with ya, will still race no matter what as its quality.

one suggestion (thats wot this is for) but mainly aimed at driver conduct/hits or however you want to say it.

with some of the tracks (nir as an example) you have the kerb, i find it increasingly annoying to get past someone then to find someone go full bore over the kerb and launch themself up the inside of you.

Dunno if its just me or mayb the grade gaps need to be slightly bigger, most of yr ive been red or blue and i find the grades behind are always tight on ur bumper nearly as soon as the go is called always seems like they are speeding on roller even tho from being red and blue most of the time they arent. kruiz knows what i mean ;)