Rfactor

stig727

hi,

just recieved rfactor for my birthday and went to install it. it installed fine but when i go to run it i get an error message asking me if i want to send the error report.

i have installed the f1 mod and patch and the march '08 skin pack part 1 2 and 3.

i am on windows xp and have installed direct x 9.0 from the rf disk (because it asked me to and yes the disk is legal)

how do i find out the rest of my pc settings like what ghz the processor is and what video ram i have etc? also the computer isnt very old so it shouldnt have much of a problem running rf.

any help always appreiciated

me again,

is RAM decided by what hardware the computer has or is it the amount of space on the computer? basically which is which RAM OR ROM???

also i need to get rid of and old chat instalation but when i go to uninstall it there is a problem with the uninstall.exe, should i just delete the files form the hard drive? i have tried removing it through control panel too.

A Sempron 2000 processor isn't very fast I'm afraid (4+ years old), and the fact you only have 448mb available means you don't have a real graphics card, but one that uses the main computer processor.

Also, your motherboard has an AGP slot, not PCI Express which means you are very limited to the graphics cards you can buy to fit into the computer.

By the time you've upgraded the parts to a decent spec you might as well have bought a new computer.

Edited by matthew413

Guest Cho_Garl
which is illegall :)

Hi seeing the silght problems some are having with the best sim out heres a lil readme from ISI

Runs Best With

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor

Windows XP

2048 MB RAM

Geforce 7900 GT or Radeon X1900 GT

256 MB video RAM

DirectX 9.0c

2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation

Internet connection required for one-time activation

System Requirements

1.4 GHz processor

Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP 64-bit (will NOT run in Windows 95 or Windows 98 first edition)

512 MB RAM

Geforce4 4200 or Radeon 9200

128 MB video RAM

DirectX 9.0c

2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation

Internet connection required for one-time activation

System Requirements

1.4 GHz processor - got 2 ghz

Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP 64-bit (will NOT run in Windows 95 or Windows 98 first edition) - im on xp

512 MB RAM - need (ive got 448 mb)

Geforce4 4200 or Radeon 9200 - not sure (my processor is an amd sepron)

128 MB video RAM - not sure

DirectX 9.0c - got (when installed rf)

2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation - got (otherwise it wouldnt have installed)

Internet connection required for one-time activation - got (other wise i wouldnt be posting this)

sorry aint great with technology in this way. do you think it would be cheaper to save up for another pc or get new parts fitted to the one i have?

I know im not the loved person at the moment but just got my new pc and when i load rfactor all loads fine but when i get to the menu screens it flickers like the picture below but quite fast.

PC Specs:

Windows Vista Home Baic

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.70GHz

Memory(RAM) 1709GB

NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 430 (Microsoft Corperation WDDM)

Graphics memory= 527MB

Video Memory= 256MB

Dont know what else you need to know tbh.

any help much appreciated

Cheers Craig

post-2336-1229560966_thumb.jpg

if them smiley faces are all over it then (he didnt screenshot it so i dont know) then it most likely is one hence why it isnt working...

in other words everyone is saying spend that 20 quid and get the game properly (for it will be great fun to run you in when you do)

Edited by Lee

Is my system up to scratch before i buy rfactor with my crimbo money?

The info

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium

Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name SPUD133-PC

System Manufacturer TOSHIBA

System Model Satellite A210

System Type X86-based PC

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55, 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD 1.70, 22/02/2008

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Locale United Kingdom

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16407"

User Name Spud133-PC\Spud133

Time Zone GMT Standard Time

Total Physical Memory 893.44 MB

Available Physical Memory 319.52 MB

Total Virtual Memory 2.01 GB

Available Virtual Memory 789.84 MB

Page File Space 1.17 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..