RFACTOR AWARDS OUT NOW!!

Kruiz 136

title.jpg

52e3747d.jpg

Hello and welcome to the 2008 UK Dirt rFactor F1 Awards. I am pleased to announce that I surpassed my target of 20 votes, with a rather excellent 22 votes. I hope you enjoy this years presentation. It is only as good as you make it, by who you vote for and the comments you include. There have been some entertaining comments made by some individuals, most of which needed some amount of censoring!! (you can probably take a good guess at who these came from lol and its only fitting that he has been nominated funniest personality of the year this year).

2007 gave us a total of 56 people that took to the tracks, 12 in total, 7 on the tarmac and 5 on the shale, but this is set to vastly improve for next year, with more and more tracks being produced by various very talented modders. Our thanks has to go to these guys and UKSOM otherwise we wouldn’t have had a 2008 season using the superb rFactor platform, creating the thrilling racing it has done all season long.

We have a total of 27 categories to get through, with no category having the full

quota of voters due to some people either not voting in some categories or voting for more than one driver in each category.

The season started way back on the 20th of March, with nobody knowing what to expect at a muddy Belle Vue with a blue grader Kruiz 136 taking the final win after a classic last bender between him, Hutch & MoR. MoR went on to win the final the following week at Kings Lynn it what turned out to be a very difficult race, but it took 2 weeks longer for Hutch to grab his first final. However since then Hutch has dominated the season really with 16 wins, of which 3 were finals and also taking the European, Grand National, Semi Final, World Championships and most recently beating Dazza to the National Points Championship. But who has accumulated the most of drivers votes?

Well its time to find out, adjust your seat, get comfy, grab a drink and enjoy your

2008 UK DIRT F1 AWARDS

7b10b66f.jpg

93e7f0c8.jpg

Best Tarmac Track

Skegness (7 votes)

‘Skegness or NiR can’t split the two really enjoy both. If i had to pick I’d say Skeggy just edges it’

‘Good close racing without the burials’

‘I find I struggle on all tarmac tracks lol’

‘Love this track,its like racing the real life track’

Hednesford (4 votes)

‘I have a good solid set-up and have had my best meeting at this track. It always seems to

provide fair and solid racing which i enjoy’

‘Love the banked corners, nail the entry get a good exit from the banking’

Bradford (4 votes)

‘Toss up between hedsford and bradford tar, probaly give it to bradford for the more flowing racing’

‘It doesn't look much like I remember it but I do well and enjoy it there every time I've raced’

Northampton (3 votes)

‘Provides great racing, well made and turned up a cracking Euro race’

‘Always good racing there’

Birmingham (2 votes)

‘Mainly cause I’m really competitive there’

Ipswich (2 votes)

‘Cracking tarmac track, long straights into quick flowing bends make it a real treat to race round’

‘It might be one of the largest, but its certainly not boring!’

Buxton (1 vote)

‘Overall I'd say Buxton.....(yes i haven’t raced with you online but) the configuration's excellent for racing, the detail's superb and the surroundings are spot on....for realism (rF's trump card, compared to heat) it ticks every box and makes a couple of new ones to tick (fog.....blimey)...oh Skeg's ok for realism too, but i hear the guy who made it's a dick so haha’

Skegness takes this years best tarmac track award, congratulations to the track’s modeller Wrighty. The racing round Skegness is fast and hard fought. Go into the corner pushing someone wide and they are right back on your bumper for the next corner, which allows great race long battles at times. The track seems to lack a bit of grip making the exit of the corner difficult to stay tight but its key to a quick lap.

64b0d50f.jpg

9e69cba2.jpg

Best Shale Track

Sheffield (9 votes)

‘Kings Lynn and Sheffield without a doubt probs my fav tracks, its a tie’

‘Not the prettiest looking track and could do with improving visually but for the racing you won't find any better.’

‘Superb track, enjoyed every minute, gives every grade a chance.’

‘It doesn't look great, but it drives beautifully!’

‘Produces great racing’

‘Always score high there, great fast flowing action, hard to pass also’

Belle Vue (8 votes)

‘Proper little stock car track, always good racing and nobody else likes it ;o)’

‘Not the best thing for me to comment on seeing as i struggled all yr on shale but most enjoyable meets on shale were Belle Vue.’

‘Belle Vue for me....it has that 'bog' feel still that suits the real track so well, and again i love the 'paperclip' shape of the track....things like working scoreboards (yes i know its not the only track to feature that but I'm still continually amazed that it all works lol, thats the joy of grayness) all make it for me. One of the first but still the best’

Kings Lynn (4 votes)

‘Looks so real, and is easily the best track for full on sideways shale action.’

‘Kings Lynn and Sheffield without a doubt probs my fav tracks, its a tie’

‘Awsome track for getting the back end out and good close racing.’

Sexbierum (1 vote)

‘Only one i go decent at’

‘There’s no such thing!’

Sheffield is a late addition to the fixture list this year but really did produce superb action-packed racing, also lots of casualties and pile ups which you would expect given the nature of the track. Every lap keeps you on the very edge as your constantly pushing your car to give you that little bit more speed whilst trying to keep the back end balanced and away from posts, all the time reading the track ahead for accidents.

Worst Shale Track

Bradford (5 votes)

‘From the moment FreeW gave it to me to do the AIW I have had problems with the place and things have not got better.’

‘I’m rubbish there lol’

‘Too big’

Knockhill (4 votes)

‘Probably my FILTERED poor driving but cant get round it.’

‘Hate the place’

‘Well done, what an achievement, you full throttled me into the gravel trap.... yawn.…’

Northampton (4 votes)

‘Whether my setup is poor or my line I‘m not sure, but i always seem to come a cropper to a big

hit or even a small nudge and struggle beyond belief to get a result of any kind there.’

‘As nice as it looks NIR has the worst racing‘

‘Looks great but I've not enjoyed a meeting there yet and only ever score a handful of points’

‘Too many flat out hits or follow ins.’

Birmingham (3 votes)

‘Stupid kerb's’

Skegness (2 votes)

‘Far too tight’

‘Skeggy lol, too tight, too short, no grip.’

Ipswich (1 vote)

‘Of the tar tracks we raced this yr the least i enjoyed was Ipswich bit to roundy roundy at times.’

Hendnesford (1 vote)

‘Just can’t get on with it, had no luck at all’.

Bradford gets the worst tarmac track award and the only reason I can see why is that people find it difficult to get on pace there. It usually provides close racing with room to hit someone out the way without taking them out. Knockhill claims second, which is never a favourite with its unusual layout, which is joined by the visually stunning NIR which unfortunately seems to suffer sometimes for the quality of the racing.

Worst Shale Track

Bradford (8 votes)

‘From the moment FreeW gave it to me to do the AIW I have had problems with the place and things have not got better.’

‘Utter *****’

‘Can’t seem to find a decent set up round there’

‘Can’t seem to catch anybody’

Sexbierum (4 votes)

‘There's no fence, no bumps, and its easy to side swipe people or turn them into the mud mounds, the racing can be good but is so often not.’

‘There's no Armco to bury Kruiz into ; )’

‘Sexbierum lol, not tight, too long, too much grip ‘

Sheffield (3 votes)

‘I hate the shale surface for starters which Sheffield has, but combined with the posts to catch you out it becomes a very unforgiving track.’

‘It’s probably not the worst shale track to be honest but its far too easy for drivers to cut the kerb and t-bone you makes it one of the worst.’

‘Sheffield them post are hard just like real life’

Kings Lynn (3 votes)

‘Just don’t like It’

Can’t get round there at all’

Belle Vue (3 votes)

‘Too tight for lower graders, no flow to the racing, end up facing wrong way too often.’

‘Terrible for folk who like to get revenge, full steam ahead at the end of the bends for some’

‘To much over the top driving at times.

Bradford again the out right winner/loser in this category, hard for me to explain why as it’s a close second favourite for me, the racing is usually very good, plenty of space for side by side racing and some of my most memorable meetings have been on that track. Perhaps its just like its tarmac twin, hard to set up, I know it took me a good few months to find a set up that was competitive there.

b1421d04.jpg

Best Overall Driver

Hutch (20 votes)

‘What can you say, national points champion and a huge list of titles along the way including the Gold Roof!’

‘Titles, points, performances….need to go on?’

‘Always will be until it stops raining in Scotland and he can go to work ;o)’

‘Must be me lol’

‘Hutch, simple’

‘Won gold & silver + euro’

‘Had a dominating season - wonder if he can keep it going next season?’

‘It can't be anyone else this year can it.’

‘Consistently brilliant, helpful & approachable re.setups’

‘Just head and shoulders above us all!!’

‘Can't really choose anybody else can you? Most consistent all year.’

‘World Champ’

‘Very quick’

Dazza (1 vote)

Hutch, one driver that certainly needs no introduction. Only Dazza stops him him from getting a 100% of the votes. Hutch has won the World, National Points, European, and the Grand National Championship. He also finished the season with a 38 point average, almost 10 points a meeting more than anyone else. Hutch won 16 races, 3 of them finals with a winning average an astonishing 1.25 wins per meeting.

1c336eeb.jpg

Best Tarmac Driver

Hutch (16 votes)

‘Hutch always goes well on Tar and seems to be able to hold and balance the car well through

the turns meaning he has a high apex speed.’

‘I wish I knew how he stops himself from spinning on tarmac when he gets such heavy hits to his left rear, the car control is unreal, nobody else comes close.’

‘Always keeps his lines tight on entry and exit avoiding carnage,always thinking as they say.’

Kruiz (3 votes)

‘Bloody quick driver and can give the best drivers a run for there money on his day.’

‘Pretty close Can't pick myself so its between Dazza, Marten and Kruiz but the little ginger one has more race craft lol...Kruiz’

Jimmy (1 vote)

‘Taking out Hutch & Dazza, Jimmy has been the most impressive on tarmac, bagging 3 NIR finals, one from red’.

Ironmac (1 vote)

‘Iron catches my eye on tarmac, will be a a top 5 National Points man next year.’

Daveyboy (1 vote)

Dazza (1 vote)

Hutch possesses superb car control on tarmac and is rarely beaten for outright pace. With an average of over 40 points per meeting on tarmac, nobody comes anywhere near challenging his status of this award. The perfect example of this was the World Final race, with a lead from start to finish, and not one mistake it was a dream drive for him under so much pressure to take the the Gold roof to Scotland.

1be645d0.jpg

Best Shale Driver

Hutch (9 votes)

‘Just very very controlled, rarely makes a mistake.’

‘Very very fast on shale.’

‘Dodgy carb?’

Kruiz (7 votes)

‘I was very impressed with Kruiz's drive in the Grand National Championship meeting final a few

weeks ago, a race that i was able to watch nearly all the way through due to braking a wheel in the

early stages. He had a good solid drive through the field and managed to get the all important last

bend punt in on hutch to take the victory, a shame that it didn’t work out that way for the GN

Championship itself.’

‘Always goes well on the loose stuff’

‘Kruiz just ahead of Dazza’

‘Taking out Hutch and Dazza, Kruiz has impressed on shale, backed up by his video’s of his shale drives.’

‘Kruiz likes the arse out and keeps it consistent on the slidy stuff. I have good battles with him on the shale’.

Dazza (5 votes)

‘Always quick and consistent on the loose stuff.’

:Dazza or Kruiz ....... both as good as each other on there day

‘Was the fastest on the shale, but just needed a bit more luck.‘

‘Marginally better than Hutch on shale!’

Marten (1 vote)

Hutch has the highest average for shale too, with an average of 35, although Hutch doesn’t have quite the same dominance on shale as he does tarmac as the results show. Dazza has an average of 33, just 2 points a meeting less, and Kruiz who has won two finals, both on shale this year is voted the second best shale driver, however Hutch will undoubtedly step his game up for next year after seeing this.

914a8d23.jpg

0b4b37eb.jpg

Best Paint Job

Grasser (4 votes)

'Don't know why, I just really like the car.'

'Lots of nice paint jobs this year including MoR's, Danskin's early season car, Johno and many more but Grassers retro look stands out from the rest for me, the simple but effective use of lines on the car in very ingenius.'

'Looks like the real deal!!!'

'Looks absolutely superb!'

MoR (3 votes)

'Very neat skin with a good proportion of signs to blank space which makes its pleasing to the

eye and paired with good effects on the main signs makes it a well presented car.'

'Stunning'

'Scheme changes a bit each year but still stunning.'

Tosh (3 votes)

'Tosh, he likes 'playing' with crayons'

'Can always bring out a top skin.'

Johno (2 votes)

DanSkin (1 vote)

'Danskin tar (the black one with orange signage)'

Marten (1 vote)

'Looks really good.'

DB (1 vote)

Iron (1 vote)

'Gotta say my own lol, (only 1 ill get a vote on)'

Hutch (1 vote)

Aub (1 vote)

Grasser takes the best paint job title once again with a stunning effort at the retro look F1. The car really stands out from the pack, and would quite easily fit into a real life meeting pits. MoR is awarded for his efforts at his tweaked but improved car for this season and Tosh ties with him who also turned out a stunning paint job.

388ff64b.jpg

6ce61c2d.jpg

Favourite Driver

MoR (3 votes)

'A well skilled and top ranking driver who will take the time to stop and talk to you, or help

out with any problems your experiencing. It's appriciated'

'genuine nice guy, always able to give advice, works hard behind scenes'

Mr Beef (3 votes)

'we always seem to have a good scrap without it going ott'

DanSkin (2 votes)

'He's the only one that doesn't get in my way because he's always spun it and pulled off by lap 2.'

'always fast and fair, does it the right way and then still gets results '

DB (2 votes)

'can't help but laugh at some of the antics, you fire davey expect it back in style'

'couldnt meet a nicer chap also rob speaks mechanic (legend) always fair to race against is our db'

Daveyboy (1 vote)

'legend!!'

Grasser (1 vote)

'Takes any amount of bad luck on the chin and gets on with the racing, rare you see him moaning too much.'

Kruiz (1 vote)

Vegas (1 vote)

'A really nice chap who does not get noticed enough in my eyes.'

Jimmy (1 vote)

Hutch (1 vote)

LeeK (1 vote)

Maverick (1 vote)

'Not always quick but is a pleasure to race against and can have a fair and clean race with the man.'

Marky (1 vote)

Dazza (1 vote)

'Always have a cracking stock car race with no OTT hits or silly dives.'

Matthew (1 vote)

'n/a all enemies on track, friends in chat'

A tie for this one between MoR & Mr Beef congratulations to all but I thought it was excellent that so many people got a vote, the voting very evenly spread in this category.

00cd42a5.jpg

Fairest Driver

Marky (4 votes)

'Never had problems with him getting past or me passing him'

'Never does OTT hits on you'

Marten (3 votes)

'too fair for his own good'

'Awaits an opportunity to pass you, or just pushes you wide enough'

Johno (2 votes)

'Never had any silly hits from him and is always a good race.'

Mr Beef (2 votes)

'had loads of clean fair battles all season with Beefy'

Tosh (2 votes)

'I know where I stand when I'm near his car, he never does anything dirty, every hit is a fair one and drives with his mind which pays off for him 9 times out of 10.'

Kruiz (2 votes)

'hit for a hit is our kruiz,none of this tap him wide and then get hit twice as hard next bend carry on, always fair play with the young gun.'

MoR (1 vote)

'A few times this season i have either got in his way at a crucial point or managed to mess up

his race through my own mistake. But he never complains and always accepts an apology afterwards with

no hard feelings. Just the way it should be'

Grasser (1 vote)

Vegas (1 vote)

'Always great to race against him when we were yellow - had some good fair exchanges, but never ran each other off the track. '

Walker (1 vote)

Tinman (1 vote)

'Hes not the quickest but hes a pleasure to race against and one of the fairest drivers I have raced again and he will actually race you and not stuff you in the fence.'

DanSkin (1 vote)

Hutch (1 vote)

'never any unecessary hits when he can squeeze by'

Dazza (1 vote)

Again lots of votes for lots of different people here which is a fair reflection I feel of the mentality of the drivers in general most of the time, but you only have to do a couple of meetings to find out Marky is the fairest driver to grace the raceways, falling out with this guy is almost impossible, hes such an easy person to get along with and very fair race against.

66b18166.jpg

Dirtiest Driver

DB (4 votes)

'Always seems to pull out a last bend of the world final style lunge every time he comes up

behind me, sometimes he just runs it up the inside too either spinning me or pushing right out wide

to the wall. Theres just no need.'

'never have had a clean battle with him from day 1'

'full on hits for no reason'

'A few people in the running for this but DB has certainly annoyed me the most for needless flat out hits this year.'

Sybe (2 votes)

'dont think he likes me lol'

'Just barges through or buries you.'

Lee (2 votes)

'I can never pass him without a big hit in the next turn.'

LeeK (1 vote)

Jimmy (1 vote)

MoR (1 vote)

'right turn int a post at sheff before the race even started pah!! lol'

Kruiz (1 vote)

'Very heavy on the bumper, lost count the amount of times I’ve been completely wiped out from him.'

Chevy (1 vote)

'chevy or spike, i think spikes just out of control so i'll give it to chevy for doing it on purpose'

Dubstar (1 vote)

'Wrecked the first championship initially - thankfully the rest of the race wasnt too bad.'

Matthew (1 vote)

Ironmac (1 vote)

'cant hit back fairly'

Hutch (1 vote)

'Has no brakes?'

Maverick (1 vote)

Tosh (1 vote)

All (1 vote)

'All those who lap down other game players, I just have to wait for them & return the hit.....!'

No real surpsrise here, DB hits hard, hits frequently, whenever on whoever and doesn't bother to make it subtle, no wonder people have taken noticed and nominated him the dirtiest driver of the year.

318b5f98.jpg

5fe45edf.jpg

Hardest Hitter

Matthew (3 votes)

'Shame he feels the need really as he’s definitely quick enough to get through the field.'

'Once hes behind you and has a chance to hit you know your going wall bound or being hit wide.'

Kruiz (3 votes)

'nearly always on lap 1 aswell lol'

Hutch (3 votes)

'Still recovering from one of his hits now, revenge on its way one day ;)'

DB (2 votes)

'Always seems to pull out a last bend of the world final style lunge every time he comes up

behind me which puts me all the way to the wall or spins me like a top.'

TomD (2 votes)

'no idea on how to pass'

'He just has too, no alternative for him.'

Maverick (2 votes)

'pity it aint done in a racing way though'

'usually by mistake i'm sure though, check with him hehe'

Sybe (2 votes)

Lee (1 vote)

Spike (1 vote)

Ironmac (1 vote)

'fire or be fired'

Rarely in the past few years have the top men had the centre stage of this award, but it sits a three way tie between three of the top scoring drivers, Matthew, Kruiz and Hutch, which perhaps a reason why they do so well, as they are able to move the traffic out the way with control.

cfced047.jpg

142af676.jpg

Most Feared Driver

Hutch (3 votes)

'I know hes faster and i know hes going to eventually catch up and come past. It's just a

case of whether he punts you on and drives past and all is forgotten or if he puts you in the wall.'

'To consistant to get away from'

Spike (3 votes)

'Nothing strikes more fear into my heart than seeing a lap down Spike weaving out of control!'

'which way will he go, left or right'

Ironmac (2 votes)

'i think not him when i catch up'

'Just can't pass him unless I spin him, and then I get an earful after the race if I do lol'

Tosh (1 vote)

Dazza (1 vote)

Maverick (1 vote)

TomD (1 vote)

'Always end up in fence whenever he is behind, even when I leave room for him to pass!!!!'

Lee (1 vote)

No-one (1 vote)

'Your all pussies'

Hutch and Spike share this award but for totally different reasons it would seem to me, Hutch is a threat to any driver when you see him in the rear view and 99% of the time you will come out of the battle second, whereas Spike looks to be constantly out of control which can be off putting at times.

e11dbe83.jpg

Most Competitive Driver

Kruiz (8 votes)

'Without the mid season break would have pushed Hutch all the way'

'always flukes it with me lol'

'always wants to win, 2nd isnt good enough lol'

'Always going for the win.'

Hutch (4 votes)

'Often top of the lap times board in pre meeting practice and I think the most consistent over

a race distance.'

Dazza (2 votes)

Chevy (1 vote)

MoR (1 vote)

'Win or bust really!'

Maverick (1 vote)

'Tries his best to hold up other drivers, whilst racing his socks off!!!'

Marten (1 vote)

'always consistant from mr clog himself, always trying heart out'

Grasser (1 vote)

'One of the quickest drivers but just never seems to have luck on his side when its needed.'

DB (1 vote)

Everyone except DanSkin (1 vote)

'The only time he is competitive is on the rolling lap!'

A win for me in this award, if I was to pick any one category most suited to me it would definately be this one, never have I gone into a race not wanting to win and planning how I will win it, I hate to be 2nd!!

ca0e274c.jpg

Vegas.jpg

Hardest Trier

Marky (3 votes)

'Always turns up nd races with no complaints, improvement since the mod was released is amazing.'

'tries like a bear it will pay of one day'

'Races most meetings, trys his hardest in every race, but always keeps it fair but just occasionally he gets the right result.'

Vegas (3 votes)

'Have a lot of time for this guy, and is a much better driver then maybe some of his results have shown.'

Johno (2 votes)

Maverick (2 votes)

'races week in week out and try their best - cant ask for more than that.'

Chevy (2 votes)

'Getting to grips with it, but never gives up!!'

TomD (2 votes)

'From what i see starting at the front Tom always comes out of the rolling lap flying and goes

well, but doesent seem to have the luck that some others seem to. He tries very hard and often gets

good results to show for it.'

'Very quick for a blue grade driver and can give some of the quick red or superstars a run for there money.'

Big Al (1 vote)

Ironmac (1 vote)

Walker (1 vote)

'does his best in every meet'

Spike (1 vote)

'races week in week out and try their best - cant ask for more than that.'

Matty (1 vote)

'Turns up for every/almost every meeting and is slowly improving! Lead the final for ages at Sheffield!'

Grasser (1 vote)

'never any luck this poor chap'

Wrighty (1 vote)

'ME! (it hasnt helped so far, we live and don't learn)'

A tie between two real nice guys of UKDirt, Vegas and Marky. Both seems to give it 110% without being silly about it and that really earns respect from drivers, I know myself I can pass both cleanly, without fearing being put up the wall the next corner and therefore I don't have to risk their races to make the pass, many lower graders could learn from these guys example.

058d2303.jpg

Driver You Have to Hit

Lee (4 votes)

'I can never pass him without a big hit in the next turn.'

'just cause it winds him up'

'Because you know he's only turned up because he (wrongly) believes he can win that particular nights championship.'

Maverick (3 votes)

'Always, Always gets in the way when I get into a good position. Will now make a point of hitting him excessively so I ruin his race before he ruins mine!'

'I aint sure why, I just have too!!'

Ironmac (3 votes)

'hit or be hit'

'I think there are dark forces that want me to hit Iron, I wait about 5 laps to make my move then always sends him into a spin when I hit him.. get fired for my trouble wont be bothering wait to next year it doesn't make a difference lol.'

Everyone (2 votes)

'Anyone that puts me away I try to repay the compliment'

Erik (1 vote)

'The biggest pain in the backside to grace the plannet!'

Jimmy (1 vote)

'couple of lap down hits on me, notably at sexberium'

Kruiz (1 vote)

LeeK (1 vote)

DanSkin (1 vote)

Matthew (1 vote)

'you just know hes coming right back at you if you dont move him wide enough'

Hutch (1 vote)

'I know I am getting faster and better at driving if I can hit him!!'

Spike (1 vote)

Lee takes this award, sometimes I'm sure he will agree he does ask for it, oftenly its not hard to see he only races when a championship or prize is on offer then leaves the meeting as soon as the chance slips away.

51f68b0e.jpg

Moaner Of The Year

LeeK (7 votes)

'sing when your winning'

'never satisfied!!'

'Jesus, moans more than my mum, needs to sort himself out and pick up the dummys when its not going right.'

'........you know whats coming.......yes thats right LeeK'

Ironmac (4 votes)

'LeeK, Lee and Mav have challenged him for it but Irons relentless moaning at me this year wins it from me!'

'no surely not ironmac'

Lee (3 votes)

'There's always something wrong!'

Tosh (2 votes)

'Always moans about how someone did this and someone done that when quite often he’s done exactly the same thing 2 laps before to somebody else.'

'When his meeting goes wrong, boy he lets us know!!!!'

Maverick (2 votes)

'its an award he would want to win so i feel I should vote for him.'

Grasser (1 vote)

'tiresome bemoaning of luck after what seems like every meeting'

Matty (1 vote)

'Said "ffs ill leave" when told he was warping at henesford once lmao.'

Hutch (1 vote)

'Always something to say, and not always wrong.'

'Good atmosphere all season imo'

Surprising, but unsurprising at the same time, LeeK has a had a lot to say this season, you can't say hes not had much success, hes had more final wins than most but hasn'r endured the same level of consistency he is so used to, which is the nature od rFactor.

6e147801.jpg

Muppet Of The Year

Lee (5 votes)

'No you cant have a late booking 3 minutes before the first heat lee'

'what a complete pilloc, 'know it all'

'The biggest failed glory hunter ever, seems to only race if there's a title on the line and usually has to go to bed before the Grand National.'

LeeK (4 votes)

'happy as larry when hes winning or biggest liability on track if its pear shaped'

'don't want to be near him on the track if things aren't going his way'

'purely for spitting the dummy, should surely have learned after all these years.'

DB (4 votes)

'never have had a clean battle with him from day 1'

'Losing it every time he is bumpered!!!'

'Just done over the top lap downing and over the top hits at NIR last F1 meeting.'

Spike (2 votes)

Chevy (1 vote)

'just dont get on with the bloke after a heat fallout'

Wrighty (1 vote)

Dubstar (1 vote)

'Total tool'

Hutch (1 vote)

Lee takes this award too for much the same reason as the 'drive you have to hit' award. The surprise here though is LeeKs amount of votes again caused generally by not being able to control himself very well whwn things don't go quite the way he wants.

0215ae35.jpg

Drive Of The Year

Hutch's World Final Drive (5 votes)

'Pressure of a leading a World Final from start to finish must be immense.'

Hutch's European Championship Drive (3 votes)

'Me winning the euro'

'At the time, there was some really fast lower graders, so to come from the back was a great achievement.'

'always comes good in big occasions'

Hutch's Grand National Championship Drive (2 votes)

'Faultless drive but wouldn't have won if I hadn't messed the last bender up! lol'

Aub's British Championship Drive (1 vote)

'Very unexpected'

Dazza's Uk Open Win (1 vote)

'That race was carnage, did well to get through it to take the championship'

Chevy's Final Win (1 vote)

Matthew's Hednesford Final Win (1 vote)

'I was winning the final and was at the front leading by miles then I spin and matthew wins on the last lap and last corner the jammy bassa lol.'

Nobody can say that leading a Wolrd Final from the first lap to the last lap is easy, the pressure must be huge, tension building up each lap knowing that all it takes is one spinner to take you out or allow the second place man to catch up.

79a8a30c.jpg

eccb8d61.jpg

Unluckiest Driver

Grasser (4 votes)

'Never seems to get the right break.'

'Has the speed, just not the luck'

'Both must have a cattery at in their garden, and only except black cats.'

'Without a doubt, if you ever spend a few laps behind this guy you'll see cars coming off the infield into him, cars spinning in front of him, pile ups..... etc etc.'

Dazza (4 votes)

'has the pace but always ends up fence first '

'Both must have a cattery at in their garden, and only except black cats.'

Ironmac (3 votes)

'myself lol leading 2 or 3 finals until backmarkers/pile ups lol'

'ironmac if you belive everything he says'

Tosh (2 votes)

'flys up order then collects unwanted cars'

Kruiz (1 vote)

Johno (1 vote)

DanSkin (1 vote)

'always leading then next lap, facing wrong way :('

Marky (1 vote)

'Has the patience of a saint but rarely gets the luck he deserves'

Marten (1 vote)

'For the WF falling too near to real WF, preventing him from taking part'

Walker (1 vote)

'Quick but never has the luck and keeps trying.'

Wrighty (1 vote)

'oh me every single time'

A tie here between Grasser and Dazza which is a fair outcome, you will always notcied Grasser being taken out on the first or last lap, where as Dazza seems to suffer several set backs through out each races which hampers his progress.

6ef3f669.jpg

Most Impressed With

Marten (6 votes)

'Consistant, quick and fair, really nice bloke too.'

'once he has the race craft he will be one of the men to beat'

'Marten has improved his pace slightly which was never poor to start with, but his race craft and consistency has been greatly improved.'

'291 next years world champ'

'Really upped his game as the year has gone on.'

'new wheel,new driver. look out 2009'

Hutch (4 votes)

'What can you say, national points champion and a huge list of titles along the way including

the Gold Roof!'

Kruiz (2 votes)

'some stunning drives at times'

'races in the family style'

Dave (1 vote)

Marky (1 vote)

'Never thought he would be at blue.'

Chevy (1 vote)

'taking to rf after 3/4 season gone and won a final'

Grasser (1 vote)

'always there or there abouts'

Big Al (1 vote)

'Took to it well, and races in the same manner as Heat!! Hope he gets a new wheel and PC for xmas, rFactor would be lacking without him.'

Dazza (1 vote)

Tinman (1 vote)

'Has started to pick up the pace and will be moving up the grades I feel next season.'

Johno (1 vote)

Marten has impressed the most this year and its not difficult to see why, I remember right back at the start of the season, Marten was a yellow top, hugely quick, usually the fastest on shale and always thought in practice, no chance of a win here, he will win the lot. But then lap 5 and you would see him front first on a tyre, but since then his consistency has come out of nowhere, and justifies this award.

dfe950a4.jpg

Most Improved Driver

Marten (6 votes)

'went from strength to strength'

'Suppose it has to be judged over the season, and I would say that Marten is that driver.'

'Marten judging by the reports through the season'

Johno (4 votes)

'Finally got to blue and started putting in some good results!'

'Gone from spinning himself out every lap to winning racing!'

Kruiz (2 votes)

Mr Beef (2 votes)

'Had never heard of him before until i noticed he was doing rFactor F1's, he began to show as

a solid driver who could mix it with the top guys'

Chevy (2 votes)

'The more he has been helped the better he has become.'

'Quick and won his first final in F1 after a few meeting at bradford.'

Lee (1 vote)

'getting much better for the almost moaner of the year award. if he would just shut up'

Marky (1 vote)

Jimmy (1 vote)

'From yellow and unable to keep himself from spinning to pushing the boundaries of Superstar towards the later stages of the season, especially on tarmac.'

Walker (1 vote)

Sybe (1 vote)

Not sure what to add to the above really, although the same can be said about Johno, really improved a lot as the year went on.

90a07397.jpg

Newcomer Of The Year

Jimmy (4 votes)

'Went from strength to strength, and didn't take him long to get to grips with it.'

'young gnome is my newcomer of the year'

'Done well for his first season on rfactor and has done well to reach red in his first season and has a chance of grabbing a title next season if his temper stays cool and he dont get banned lol.'

Marten (3 votes)

Chevy (3 votes)

'I start each race lined up around or next ot chevy and we usually have a good battle for the

first few laps. Not sure how new he is to rfactor F1 though?'

'has to be me for being the only white final winner lmao'

'Really took the time to get used to the game without getting frustrated, eventually bagging himself a final win.'

Maverick (3 votes)

'useless when he first arrived but now hes getting to grips'

'struggled initially but got up to speed'

'Sheer determination has got him this far.'

Vegas (2 votes)

Everyone (2 votes)

Walker (2 votes)

Marky (1 vote)

TGG (1 vote)

Maybe I should of explained before hand, I intended this award for drivers who didn't race the Autumn series as I felt that gave many of us a very big advantage going into the new season, but few did better with so little experience than Jimmy, coming in at yellow grade due to his heat experience, he didn't stay there long and soon found a home at red grade bagging 4 finals along the way.

1be645d0.jpg

Funniest Person Of The Year

Hutch (4 votes)

'Whilst many find it pathetic or anoying, some of his comments i find quite funny :)'

'Just his determination to wind everyone up'

Aub (2 votes)

'me!!! the reast are far to serious'

Jimmy (2 votes)

'just look at him and ye laugh'

Pry (1 vote)

Maverick (1 vote)

'Every time he hits me hard - he spins and I continue - makes me laugh anyway.'

Daveyboy (1 vote)

'Heat World Champion as a white top!!!'

DB (1 vote)

'some of db,s moves are class act'

Big Al (1 vote)

StehpensP (1 vote)

'for thinking of every last detail for us to not worry about yet'

Hutch takes this award. He seems to have a very erm 'differen't sense of humour to everyone else and is not afraid to stir things up from time to time whenever he feels theres not much going on, never failing to get a reaction of some sort.

ba88844a.jpg

Meeting Of The year

British (5 votes)

'Good hard racing all night'

'I wonder..'

'Like the format, and produced a somewhat surprising winner.'

'Great format and good atmosphere'

'Just happy to have made the grid really'

World Final (5 votes)

'Just the occasion really'

'just thrilled to be on grid in my first WF, sense of occasion was fantastic'

Champion of Champions (2 votes)

'all in the server at the last meeting, much better than playing with yer balls in mirc'

'awesome racing'

Sheffield GN Championship (2 votes)

'Every race a good one, the GN Champ and Final races were real classics.'

'For a new track, no true setup’s, it was the most open meeting, with great fast “racing”.'

Hednesford WQR9 (1 vote)

'My debut meeting and still my strongest performance, so personally it was my favourite meeting.'

Bradford 23/10 (1 vote)

'firing goldenboy hutch into the wall at turn 3 at bradford and taking a race win.'

European (1 vote)

UK Open (1 vote)

All (1 vote)

'Every meeting was good'

Bradford 19/6 (1 vote)

F1/Rod meetings (1 vote)

'Oh the Skeggy rods/f1s double-header/World Final double-doubler, that was brilliant fun Great to see a few new faces in the rods and then letting us poofs race F1s was a great way to start our season off.'

972e091c.jpg

Race Of The Year

British (4 votes)

'Was an interesting race from start to finish, and was good to have a lower grade winner.'

'hectic'

'Best race of the season,hard but fair racing.'

European (3 votes)

'Having started on the front row, I expected to spin out on the first bend, but to my shock I stayed in top 7 for near on 20 laps, until the red top train came through and relegated me to 11th at the finish.'

World Final (2 votes)

'Takes dedication to qualify, nice to be on the grid for the most important race of the year.'

'just thrilled to be on grid in my first WF, sense of occasion was fantastic'

Kings Lynn Semi Final (2 votes)

'For me this was the hardest race i have done in rFactor F1's to date. My first meeting on

shale, a surface that i cant get to grips with but i had to keep it on the straight and narrow to

qualify for the all important world final, which in the end i couldn't make after much frustration.'

Sheffield Final 30/10 (2 votes)

'Head to head with Hutch from start to finish at the awesome Sheffield topped off with a great last bender to win made this the possibly the most enjoyable race ever for me.'

Sheffield Grand National Championship (2 votes)

'Me and kruiz at sheffield'

Champion of Champions race (1 vote)

'battle for 2nd was awesome'

Uk Open (1 vote)

Skegness Semi Final (1 vote)

'Getting 3rd in world championship semi'

All (1 vote)

'Every race is good'

Most Memorable Moment

Aub: 'Winning the British, was great not Hutch win yet another title'

Chevy: 'First race win which was the final at brad tar'

Dazza: 'Best moments for me in the season were winning the Uk Open from my first meeting as a Superstar, Winning my Semi Final for a front row slot on the World, a hat trick of wins at Sexbierum, and a runners up place in the World and National Points. Overall with statistics its been a good year but have been really disappointed with some of the results I have had as I know I can drive much better. Thanks to all admin members and drivers who have done such a great job throughout the year.'

DB: 'Having a good bumper battle with MoR @ Ipswich'

Drumbstick: 'The car turning right not left on the second lap of the Euro.'

Hutch: 'Not sure think altziemers is kicking in .....'

Ironmac: 'Stickin a big un back on 318 last meet of year after all the dirty hits he dished me all season long'

Jimmy: 'Winning a final from red! Thought I could only win from yellow lol'

Johno: 'Perhaps more with my admin hat on than my race hat on, but I thought this season was going to be really hard, and after the first few meetings, I didnt think rfactor would improve, but it did, and I think signs are positive for 2009.'

Kruiz: 'My first final win at Belle Vue stands out but the Final and GN Championship races with Hutch are going to be diffiult to beat for enjoyment... ever'

Marky: 'A win in my 1st ever meeting'

Marten: 'Not being able to race the Wf'

Matty: 'Sense of tension was palpable everyone waiting to floor it & get round first bend intact!'

Maverick: 'Having already won my heat, I never thought I would win again, but rounding the last bend in the GN in 2nd, I saw Walker #74 celebrating too early with full power on causing him to spin before the line – I took the win!!! Thanks Walker J'

MoR: 'My 1st ever UKDirtF1 final win at Kings Lynn. An F1 final win had escaped my grasp for the 5 years prior to this one, so I was very relieved to finally take one!

Mr Beef: 'Getting 3rd in world championship semi'

Sybe: 'Winning my first final'

TomD: 'Fencing Kruiz at Hednesford Big Time lol'

Tosh: 'Firing goldenboy hutch into the wall at turn 3 at bradford tar for the win,witnessd by kruiz, ave it goldy.'

Walker: 'Making the F1 world final. When I crossed the line in my semi final at kings lynn and qualified I felt over the moon to make the world final as it was only my second meetng on rfactor and was happy when folk said "well done " to me .'

Wrighty: 'Racing at Skeggy in both formulas tbh. I've got too much time in the track and the rods but to see all the cars on track racing means a lot I tell people the 3d's as much fun as racing, but thats usually because i'm not very good at the racing (especially the f1s, no complaint, theres just so much of it i cant get me head round...cant grasp why theyre all that much faster lol), but that night it all came together'

2f09e6c6.jpg

Driver To Beat 2009

Hutch (15 votes)

'Can't see many people beating him to be honest, theres one or two, but over a long periord of

time Hutch will prove to have the ability to come out on top.'

'has to be hutch again'

'Too good this year, will have a tougher challenge next year but is easily a class above everyone else at the moment.'

'Unless global warming takes over, or his wife puts her foot down.'

'World and National points champion - he is king of the mountain at the minutes'

'I'll be very surprised if anyone is able to beat him next year, but if I can do most of the meetings I'll certainly have a go'

'need I explain?'

Kruiz (7 votes)

'if he does a whole season!'

'Assuming Hutch is bored of winning, Kruiz is next in line to take up his mantle. Depends on his available commitment though.'

'has a chance of doing well next season.'

Dazza (3 votes)

Marten (3 votes)

Jimmy (1 vote)

'has a chance of doing well next season'

Everyone (1 vote)

All S/s (1 vote) 'they're all to quick and need banned and lap handicapped'

persons..... me, mart, dazza, kruiz

You can't argue that Hutch won't the main contender for all of next years titles but Martan, Dazza and myself aren't too far away we just need a little more pace, consistency and a generous helping of luck along the way to help us out lol!

I would just like to thank you very much for reading the awards. Its taken a while to put together, but hopefully its been worth the effort put into it, and that you have enjoyed looking at it and reading the comments and feedback given by you, the drivers.

Towards the end of the season newcomer Chevy took the final from white grade at Bradford tarmac leading start to finish with nobody able to catch him. A week later Kruiz took the final from Hutch on the last bend at Sheffield to take his second of the season. In the final meeting of the year which turned out to be a very special event with many extra races proving to provide top quality racing, it was Jimmy who came out on top in the final to take his fourth of the season and kept his 100% final winning record at Northampton, making it 3 out of 3 for the season.

It has been a sensational year for UKDirt F1, and the addition of rFactor has helped make it a memorable one for many of you I’m sure. I sincerely hope you will be back for more in 2009 which promises to be even better, with more chassis, more tracks, more drivers and a higher level competition and even more title contenders.

A word of thanks must also go to Kev149’s excellent website devoted to UKDirt F1. The website helped me with all the facts and figures I needed and is a superb source of information with an amazing amount statistics which can be found here: kev149.com

Once again, thanks to all of you for reading and perhaps more importantly voting and leaving comments which really makes the awards what it is. Without you this would not happen at the end of each season. From myself and all of the UKDirt F1 administration team, we hope you have a Merry Christmas and a very happy new year!!

We hope to see you all back for more in 2009!!!

49bfc5e0.jpg

118c93cf.jpg

699c8e0b.jpg

8342ff03.jpg

52f699dd.jpg

db6ab7d2.jpg

6453fda7.jpg

dde9b714.jpg

565a1a9a.jpg

d77a8c62.jpg

3931ee82.jpg

2a907a4c.jpg

1d1c8939.jpg

8e4a593e.jpg

9ad2b533.jpg

Top awards kruiz lol

European drive was still my hardest one ever starting from the back took some luck

Sheffield has been the best racing ever this year one up on me for kruiz and he got one up on me

More competion for 09, grasser got his finger out the last 4 or 5 meets was well on the pace and was hard to pass, marten will fly without the clogs daza and mor are usualy on it and with the usual pest kruiz in contention it'll be hard next year for any big wins

Interesting reading coupled with some excellent photo's - Great Job Kruiz. :thumbs_up:

Not happy to receive so few negative votes, I obviously don't get up peoples noses as much as I used too :rofl:

My aims for 2009 :-

1) keep the car going forward as often as possible.

2) Less accidental take-outs.

3) Yellow roof all season (after first grading period).

4) Keep cars behind me, making them work for the pass (Hope not to be buried in the process!!!) - oh and I should mention that it won't be returned next bend/lap unless its the last few laps!!

5) Beat Hutch at least once in any race this season :rolleyes:

Well Done to all for a good opening season and heres to a super 2009 rfactor season - CHEERS :) - Roll on March 2009.

:appl:

That is superb sir - really well done for putting that together. I know you have spent many hours doing that, and the photos bring the awards to life nicely.

Speaking as Head Admin, I couldnt have asked for 2 better people doing the F1 awards this year, so thanks to you Kruiz and Sybe.

Admin wise.... very excited. Got some new ideas for the new season so hopefully add so spice to the season. Even got some extra people on board in terms of sponsorship next year as well, with maybe more to come (thats for both leagues). More Rfactor information will be available in January.

Race wise..... It really was a good season for me last year. As someone quite rightly pointed out, I went from spinning, to winning races, and finished the season by getting promoted to red. Going to be really hard year next year, but fingers crossed I am up to the challenge.

Looking at next season, I thik Hutch has summed it up nicely. Many drivers are now on the pace like HUtch said, add to that MoR if he can get time off work, Drumbstick if his health can continue improving, and no doubt someone else will step up to he plate, and Hutch really has got his work cut out next season.

Anyway, thanks again Kruiz for a superb job on the awards, and roll on 2009. Things are set to get even better!!!

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

Great write up of the awards, thanks for that Kruiz. I liked all of the pictures included in the write up and noticed all the ones with me in are of me facing the wrong direction :lol:

I really enjoyed the part of the season that i competed in and providing darts has finished on thursday nights by the start of the new season then i'l definatly be back to race again. Thanks to everyone who made the meetings happen and to all those who have improved the cars and tracks because without you we would still be stuck playing heat!

Thanks Kruiz, excellent job with the awards, I did these a few years back so I understand just how big a job it is, and I saw you on msn late last night too, so hope you aren't too tired this morning!

Thanks to everybody that gave me a vote, and for the joint award with Beef, much appreciated. Well done to all winners of awards. There were some excellent comments in that, had a good chuckle as I do every year at these!

MoR (1 vote)

'right turn int a post at sheff before the race even started pah!! lol'

Thanks Aub, love you too :thumbup:

So that rounds off the 08 season nicely, it has been a great season and I hope to race a full one next year, and I'm already looking forward to it! I'm already considering different paintjob ideas in my head, we'll see what happens with that, because there's some slightly more important business to attend to first! Coventry is about 40% done now, modelling wise, and looking very nice, so hopefully the final product is worth the wait! I don't intend to do my usual last minute rush with this one like the other two.

So i'm personally looking forward to the 09 season, we now have a massive roster of tracks for admin to compile an excellent fixture list, a freshened up mod, so we will see a few more varied cars out there with new chassis and new upgrades (I see you've been playing with those Kruiz! lol) and a good driver base, so it should be a good season. Hutch is the man to beat, can it done in 09?

Merry Christmas

MoR

I just wanted to say many, many thanks to those of you who voted for Skegness for tar track of the year.....it never even occurred to me that it would be in with a chance (i voted Buxton for best tar, skeg for worst tar hahaha) but that made my day :thumbup::thumbup:

Many thanks to Kruiz for taking the time to prepare, sort and write the awards, brilliant stuff m8, and the photos are excellent (must've taken bloody hours to get all those m8, your eyes must be on stalks now lol)

thanks again and best wishes for a merry xmas............Wrighty :thumbup:

Lol Matthew I'd have you down as second hardest hitter to Hutch, (but thats only on me mind lol I don't see him hitting anyone else that hard ;))I'm the same though I don't set out at the start of the race to hit everyone out the way I prefer to get through on the inside if I can so I was little sursprised to say the least, I didn't realised I hit people that much.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys it means a lot :thumbup: Thanks to all those who left comments though who made it such a good read :appl:

I spent about 8 hours on Xmas eve doing it, and about 10 hours before that, finished at 2am Xmas morning so yeh I was a little tired on Xmas morning MoR lol. You wouldn't believe how long things like taking pictures and sorting comments etc into the categories takes, I forgot how long it took last year lol. Had I put all that into the slideshow I'd be surprised to finish before 2009.

Cheers all, heres to a cracking 2009 season :2:

Edited by Kruiz 136

Thats a Great read .

I can comfirm that Grasser's luck! ? does sometimes follow him into other Sims. He's allways quick and fair , but just just seems to get a run of bad luck .

Anyway i congratulate him and the others for the F1 rFactor mod its a great addition to my hard drive.

Being out of work i dont have the cash to buy another season with UKDIRT right now , so will hopefully rejoin in future.

Poacher Pete161

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..