Coventry Results.

Aub

Sorry for lack of writeup its been a long long weekend and im knackerd.

Ht 1 315 926 41 152 233 488 599 379 112 363 641 136 27 259 968 2

Ht 2 152 599 379 41 968 365 315 136 112 363 233 641 27 488 2

A Fnl 136 233 599 379 926 152 41 112 968 27 2 641 315 259 363 488 365

GN 1 233 599 2 379 152 488 926 27 315 136 365 363 968 259 41 641 112

38 599

34 233

33 152

32 379

25 926

25 136

23 41

16 315

10 968

10 488

10 112

8 2

5 27

5 365

2 363

0 641

0 259

Cya next week at that dutch track i cant spell :)

Well done to Kruitz and good to see him with the British Championship roof racing.

Special well done to my fellow white top Harold on best point scorer

I didn't get the best of starts in my heats and span around alot. A better start in the final but then got spun and lost loads of places.

The GN was how it was meant to be all night, me racing with Harold sitting on each others bumpers each bend. great fair racing even when grasser came through, shame we will go up the grades next month!

Off on holiday so will miss next week but back for Buxton

Really happy with the final win, really surprised too as i was rubbish in practise, rubbish in the heats and rubbish in the GN, in fact I was rubbish in the final too I just got some luck, off the start with Trav blowing up? causing a pile up and i got away.

I'm still a little confused on the start though, claims of speeding, after looking at the replay the whites were some way ahead of the yellows and the yellows, blues and reds were bunched up with the s/s grade trailing some way behind which would explain why they felt they were having to do 30mph to keep up.

I never once went over 26mph, and was at about 23mph for most of it? Trav, or was it Dave (or both lol) you once got up to 30mph when you put your foot down for a split second but was at 26 for most of it too so I don't know where you got 35 from.

Sorry but felt i had to cover myself here, as i never once looked up from the dial on the rolling lap and knew i wasn't speeding, please by all means check the replay and see for yourself.

I do think that it was a little fast though, as legal as it was, maybe it should be reduced to 20mph like F1 as the overall speeds in rfactor are slower than heat making the roller feel faster.

post-862-1246316179.jpg

I won't be racing these for awhile as I am sick of being bawled at for making mistakes that do cost people their races.

I am white for a reason, I make mistakes, not unlike any white in real life, and thats not surprising as I don't have much time to practice, I don't race Sim-Stox, and I don't have any setups. It's a challenge to me to try and do the best I can and improve, but to have people at you all the time for your errors is deflating.

I'd had a good night so far and thought I was doing ok until the last lap of the final, my laptop (for the second time whilst racing rFactor) went back to the desktop. The race had finished by the time I got it back and the GN felt as if I wasn't in control of the car and thus I found the car difficult to handle.

I apologise to anyone whom I caused problems too, due to this but as I said I won't be in your way for awhile now.

Nice to see Pusher and Harold doing well, upgradings for them is imminent - Congrats :appl:

Mav, I certainly make mistakes as a white top and have caused people to take avoiding action and in my opinion they have to accept that thats life until I get better.

I remember when I raced real F2's I certainly did the same there whilst I got to grips with the cars handling and tracks etc.

I think you are a quality driver Mav and you are needed in rfactor, it just goes to show how different the F2 heat is to this sim and I believe this is the future for online stockcar racing.

I do get some time to do practice and if you want my set ups which are better on some tracks than others I will willingly let you have them as you have always done my f2 heat skins without issue,

They won't be the redtop pace but may help a little with base setups!!

Carry on regardless m8 :)

cheers for meeting Aub and other admins wd all race winners and harold being top scorer for me another crap meeting well of the pace spinning out on me own due to not controlling car when hit or hitting another car but i wont give up takes time and practise

As for mav carry on m8 i been racing f2 rfactor ukdirt and sim-stox a lot longer but aint getting much better lol i reckon i 've been at fault for ruining loads of other drivers races and some of mine ruined but its all part of racing imo

Some of you probably disagree but I don't think generally moan to much, however twice last night I found myself having my say.

First off let me state that the last thing I want to do is to stop people racing, and would like other opinions on this and to see if we can all come to some agreement as drivers.

The first incident that I complained about was a car being sat facing the wrong way in the middle of the track,, cars start to go either side of it and then as a big pack approaches they floor it and drive straight into the oncomming traffic while trying to turn round taking ruing the race for 5 or 6 other cars. To me this is not acceptable you wait until there is a gap before moving.

If you sit still people can miss you, the drivers coming towards you have enough to think about without worrying about which way you are going to move. This include the people who as soon as they start to spin stick it in reverse and just floor it.

The second complaint I had was very similar. You get spun and just keep your foot in, go shooting across the track in whatever direction you are facing and take anyone out trying to go past you. Again imho you sit where the car comes to rest until its clear to go again.

Finally. If you end up on the infield don't just drive straight back on to the track at whatever angle you are facing flat out. Either merge back in safely with the traffic or wait until there is a space and rejoin however you like.

Generally I think the racing was very good last night, but once people got spun they just seem to loose all regard for anyone else.

To Mav, yes I moaned at you on the server but that does not in anyway mean I want you to stop racin just learn from your mistakes(or what I percive to be your mistakes)

Please guys lets have some comments on this and get a discussion going.

Drumb

I never moan at a white or yellow grade for making mistakes after all that is why they are in the lower grades still learning.

To be honest I rarely moan at anyone, just take my revenge on the track when I get the chance, whats the point in spamming chat with hate mail, creating a bad atmosphere I'm sure most when they do get the big hit or intentional spin from me, know why, if not I will then gladly tell them.

The things that do really wind me up are drivers like Drumb says who just pull out into everyone with no regard for anyone else and then unjustly go on to win the race!! I didn't know he was leading, when he came round to lap me after I finally got going again after the pile up he caused but I wasn't letting him past easily.

Drumb, any plans on softening them wishbones, shockers and halfshafts? That will get people to think ;)

I am on modding Holiday :rolleyes:

Not sure what will be in the next update but I would like to have a look at some point.....

oh to have that luxury :rofl: (Kruiz, we had investigated it briefly but, like the engine damage, it was all a bit 'random' in terms of quantifying weight of impact against the damage caused....it's still on the 'wish list' m8 but we need to learn more about it)

in terms of the driving, obviously i can't comment on specific incidents last night but, as a yellow top racing on a pad i do have a fair bit of experience in this field lol.......firstly, remember that the decision-making by the spun is affected a lot by the track itself in terms of which way you can go in the event of being spun or half-spun.....cov at least has an accessible infield, the same can't be said for Brum and Skeg, so in those terms the spun car is only going to go one way i.e. outwards....which is the same way as all the traffic avoiding said car. Re-entering the flow of traffic is just as troublesome, and tbh it's my biggest beef from the 'regularly gets spun' point of view, in that the cars on your inside (if you're recovering from the outside of the turn) always seem to think you're going to evaporate into thin air and not be there on the outside of the corner exit, hence you get swiped up the wall again and again as they continue to pursue their 'normal' line and then have a bit of a dig in chat for compromising their line.....

Mav, my friend, feel free to take a leaf from my book.....and bloody ignore em ;) lol. For the faster drivers, i'm sure it can be frustrating to be 'blocked' by someone who's been spun in front of you but take my word for it, it wasn't by choice that we're facing the wrong way and we just want to be back in the fray as quickly as possible.

[/rant]

:042:

Any chance of having some shale wings though :P

As long as you don't drive it into the garage roof :5:

Thanks for the meeting last night Aub it was really good even though you made me go from blue lol

I'll be back next week :042:

Edited by martin379

Its not spun cars I was talking about, but cars that drive in to you when you are trying to avoid them.

while i could refer you to the passage that starts 're-entering the flow of traffic' i'd probably be best to shurrup ;)

Fair play guv :king:

Jimmy don't get him started on shale wings the rant will never end :scared15:

Firstly thankyou to aub, drumbstick and other admin for yet again another cracking f2 meeting

Mav dont get disheartened with the negative comments from the minority, you will not get forward if you dont keep at it. Whenever i have raced around you i never had a problem so the unintentional mistakes that you are making can only be setup or controller related. if you would like to copy any of my settings i will gladly help you along as others have helped me. i dont know how the s/s get the quick lap times but i try to setup my cars so they are comfortable enough for me to handle. i find its no good trying to race with others if im fighting with my own car. plus if im taken out by a lower grader i accept that it happens. i know i took a few out by mistake in the beginning both on here and reallife. whites are called novices for a reason, they should be overtaken with care and given plenty of room in case of the unexpected.

Well done Kruiz on final win.

Lastly my opinion for drumbstick

I agree with drumbstick that at times drivers rejoining methods are totally brainless, but were always going to get drivers doing it on these mods until they are updated with realistic damage levels as mentioned by kruiz. I appreciate what wrighty has said regarding the work that has been tryed to increase impact damage and uksom are not willing to release an update containing such until they are 100% happy.

So what we need to come up with is a solution to make drivers think before wrecking anothers race.

The only other way that i can see apart from damage is strict disaplinary in all cases of unsportingly like driving incidents. I realise that it means someone will have to watch endless amounts of replays and proberbly upset a few people with the punishments handed out, but im willing to help out if it means making the racing more enjoyable for the majority.

I will probably be the first to get banned lol.

Good return into F2's for me, had some great racing tbh and I didnt see much of the incidents that afflicted the others above...you seemed to be doing ok to me Mav so I wouldnt give up...it's just racing and things happen. Trav blowing up in the final after 2 yards was quite amusing, how you managed that I dont know lol and myself and Aub had a very close finish in the first heat as you can see below...

post-42-1246383932.jpg

I should be able to make most meetings now, hopefully we can get the numbers etc and get people racing as its well worth the effort.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..