Blackman

FireStorm

Its another brand new Tigra like Bordley. They're definatly the car of 2005.

Ian McKellar is finally back! in a borrowed Audi TT

and Neville Stanley could be bringing out his gorgeous new Ford Puma for the World Final.

Urm When did Blackham jump into a hair dressers car?

21370[/snapback]

I seem to remember a conversation about hairdresser's cars on the way to Brum on Saturday night (when we should have gone to Ipswich...or even Ringwood for you!) and you said Boardley's looked nice.......  rofl.gif

They look like womens cars on the road and sorry but worse on the track!!! What a mistake....where is the image of boy racers going?

I think the new 'Tigers' will quickly become a common site on the tracks soon I'm afraid, with more TT's and a few Puma's and maybe 206cc's. No modern day sport hatchback cars seem much better suited at the moment. They're all too wide for the rules and too tall - meaning a larger roll cage (to fit the profile) making it too heavy.

I really can't decide if I like the new look for National Hot Rods, I think I do, more sleek and professional looking than say the Corsa 'bubble' shape (which I don't like)

Its great to still have a nice mix of cars now though; TT, Corrado, Corsa, Fiesta, Mini, Tigra, Colt, 206, Clio, Civic, Starlet, 205, 306, err.. I think that's it.

Edited by splinter

Dont like the Tigra at all, one of these turned up in Autograss a few years back and it was quickly dubbed the Corsa/Nova pick up due the vast space where the rear screen goes.

The size of the cars seems to be the thing now, you dont see many Focus's/Fiestas these days and smaller cars appear to be the way forward

Fiat Seicento's are the car to have in autograss these days for the same reason..be funny to see a Hot Rod version

Edited by Grasser233

Dont like the Tigra at all, one of these turned up in Autograss a few years back and it was quickly dubbed the Corsa/Nova pick up due the vast space where the rear screen goes.

Mechanically speaking, a Tigra is just a Corsa with a different body  unsure.gif

Mechanically speaking, a Tigra is just a Corsa with a different body  unsure.gif

21537[/snapback]

Technically, A VW Corrado is a Golf with a different body but a Corrado doesnt look like a fancy pick up truck with the rear glass removed  wink.gif

Guest Scrapman53
lol, heres an example of a  twin engined one HERE

Short wheelbase or what lol

21596[/snapback]

Lol. Looks like a car with a boot.................with the boot chopped off, if you know what I mean.

NHR is dead on it's feet if cars like the tigra and 206cc are the future  3.gif

The cars are supposed to be saloon/hatchback bodied. Not baby pick up bodied. As was mentioned on another forum. Ain't the 206cc going to look good with it's wide wheels, fancy panels and luggage bars running along the roof.

If the new breed of hatchbacks are too wide for the rules then change the rules. Don't leave the drivers no option than to race these things.

No disrespect they've made a good job of them. They just don't look right. 

A hairdressers car? I doubt if any self respecting hairdresser would be seen dead in one  shrug.gif

Guest Scrapman53

Don't think its a case of changing the rules to allow bigger hatchbacks Ham. The drivers wouldn't use them as they'd be at a disadvantage to people that still used a 206 (hatch) etc.

Even so you need a quick car. If it means chaning the car so its smaller / lighter then by all means allow it. I reckon to even it out they should have a set weight they need to run to and make the lighter cars have extra weight added so it makes it a even playing feild in any of the cars.

The same idea as the touring cars.

Also you gotta remeber the NHR's run wide body skirts and arches. So the real car doesn't look as wide as these do.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..