IMPORTANT: Hednesford on Wednesday

Johno3

***BOOKING INFORMATION AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST***

Hello Guys,

As you are aware, we are now into the final month / month and a bit of the season, and plans are already underway for 2010 season, especially with it being UK Dirt's tenth anniversary.

Anyway, one of the things that we would like to perhaps tweak is tyre wear, with us increasing the wear rate.

The reason we would like to test this is to try and encourage drivers to drive into and round corners a little straighter. We believe that tarmac standards maybe a little lower due to the fact that in order to be quick on the tarmac, you almost need to drive with the backend of the car out. This in turns means that when drivers hit each other, they soemtimes get it wrong and end up hitting people on the rear wheel, which can sometimes spin them out. This then in some cases causes anger, and before you know it, we have banger racing rather than F1 stocl car racing.

Now you may say - well how is this going to help by increasing the tyre rate?

Well, my feeling is that if drivers drive with the backend out all of the time, then their tyres will go off quicker, as per real life. This will then mean that in the later stages of the race, they will struggle with grip. This will lead to them slowing down, and perhaps spinning out. What this should then do is encourage them to tweak their set ups slightly so the car is 'tighter' and thus the tyres are saved a little more. This in turn means that back ends are not being hung out, and hits then become sqaure on the bumper, and the chances of spinning should then be slightly reduced.

Anyway, that is our reasoning for trying it, and we wanted to let you all know before the meeting.

THIS BASICALLY MEANS THAT THE WEAR RATE ON THE SERVER WILL BE SET TO X2, RATHER THAN ITS CURRENT SETTING OF NORMAL.

Here is a little more information for you:

- The tyre rate is to be changed for this meeting only. It will then be normal for all of the remaining meetings in 2009.
- This meeting has been chosen as it is the final meeting in the season where there are no World Qualifying Points, National Series Points and Championship Races.
- The tyre wear will stay on x2 for the full meeting.
- The Admin Team urge as many people as possible to attend the meeting, in order to help with the testing.
- Feedback will be requested from all the drivers taking part in the meeting, so that we can make a decision regarding 2010.
- The reason the Winter Series has not been chosen to test this decision is so that we can make an announcement as soon as possible, and thus you can then use the winter series to get used to those slightly tweaked set ups.

My final comment would be this: Please give it a try and see how it goes. We are just looking for ways to try and improve the racing, and if it does not work, then we dont use it - its that simple.

Finally, I have tried to cover every possible question that you might have, but if I have missed something, then please feel free to ask, and I will do my best to answer your question :)

BOOKINGS

As we have a big meeting on Thursday, I have removed the Hednesford meeting from the database for the time being, so that you can book in for the BRITISH DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE WEBSITE.

If you would like to take part in the Hednesford meeting, then please book in on this thread. The meeting starts at 7:45pm.

Cheers

Johno

BOOKING LIST

WHITE
Sam #445
Lew #495
Harold #599

YELLOW
Spike #221
Dave #488
Leech #126

BLUE
Tosh #8
Madcowie #323
Corny #391
Fordy #588

RED
JK #16
Grasser #233
Mike #315
Lee #531

SUPERSTAR
Johno #3
Robin #87
TomD #112
Kruiz #136
Walker #363 Edited by Johno3

323 Madcow

By the way are you sure that x2 is enough? Dont know haven't testest it yet but look forward to giving it ago tomoz. Tracks like Cowdenbeath (YUCK) and Barrlo long are bad at the mo on normal tire wear going into the last 4 laps or so. Would be a killer round them tracks and im all for it! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..