European Championship 2010

Aub

post-777-1278545183.jpg

Monday see's the annual running of the European Championship, Held as ever at Northampton.

The race will be open to the top 18 in the national points with a further 4 drivers joining the grid from a last chance qualifying race that will be the first race of the evening followed by the European race itself. Then it will be a normal meeting to follow.

The following drivers are automactically into the race.

ROBIN H87**

TOSH 164**

PEDZ 212**

TOMD 112**

NEZZA 46**

WOODY 390**

LEE 1**

FORDY 688

MIKE H315** provisional

AUB 881**

HAROLD H599**

GARY 79**

DAVE 488**

SPIKE 221**

LARS 550**

MAV 641**

TRAV365**

KENDO912**

** denotes already booked

We would be most gratefull if all 18 above could book in before midnight friday or let one of us know if you wont be racing as it will affect the draw. For example if Daveyboy does not want to race then his place will go to the driver in 19th place in the points and that would be Mav641.

The European championship will be the second race of the night and raced over 25 laps. You will be gridded by a random draw that will stay secret, and you will be called to your grid slot.

Current European champion is Jimmy 716 he started from pole last year and just walked away at the front. 2nd place was Aub 881 (152 last season) and he started dead last on the grid 22nd to show that you can start anywhere in this race and still be in with a shout at the end. 3rd place last year was Tom D 112 and he started 18th.

There will be 2 former European champions on the grid Tosh won it in 2008 & 2009 on heat and Aub won it in 2007.

So who do we fancy for the win then? well its a job to tell due to the grid but then its a closed grid so anything can happen. Woody will start as favorite having won recently the Irish open and just last week winning the UK Open and hes won the last 3 finals when he has raced not bad going at all. Robin h87 has won most things over at sim-stox including the world and european championships, he knows how to win a title and would anyone bet against him?

Tom D was 3rd last year can he go 2 better this year? he seems to have been struggling somewhat this season with the new physics but theres no doubt he can drive a car or will he just make sure Robin dos'nt win it? Can Tosh make it 3 years out of 3? it certainly would be very impressive and never done before and the season he is having it is very possible he could depending what mood hes in. If i had to pick someone i would pick this man Pedz 212, he is flying at the moment 3rd in the national points a good draw for him here could we see him wander off into the distance, he had a very good showing at the UK Open last week.

Another driver who is right up there in the points is Nezza 46 he struggled at the start of the season with the physics change but has now come on leaps and bounds and is a solid red grade driver and i think its fair to say that everyone would be happy to see him take this one. Lee 1 seems to be struggling at the moment maybe the step up the superstar grade that comes with the gold wing hasnt helped him but again due to the randomness of the draw that really wont matter and after adding the nationals title to his world title no one should write him off in adding the european title to that list. Another driver who is bang on form at the moment is Aub 881 a great effort in the UK Open last week saw him get 2nd place after qualifying in pole postion, hes won this title before he came 2nd from the back last year can he go 1 better?

Mike h315 is the current F1 & F2 British champion, he has the pace to take this but does he have the cool head he was a tad wild last monday in the UK Open not to good in his heats started low down but still came back for a top 5 finish. Dave 488 has some new found pace he got some very good results at the UK Open and recoverd well after a first lap spin to get back in the top 10 he will be in the mix thats for sure. Gary 79 is another one that can be a bit wild but again he has the pace but then he is in a Moodie replica so that opens him up to a few fenceings :)

I would expect the winner to come from one of these drivers then again i have been wrong before and will be again. Who knows who will book in and get in the last chance race will we see the silver roof for a change? or is Drumbstick still to much of a girl? i think the answer may be the latter.

So as previously asked could you please book in before midnight friday if your in the top 18 so we can sort the draw out this thread we be updated to show who is booked.

and if your not in the top 18 what ya waiting for? get booked in you may still make the 2010 European Championship.

Edited by fatdave488

Ok cheers for saying that mean MAV 641 is in!

that said i cant edit the post so it will have to wait to be added in lol

:o

Wasn't too hot around NIR last time around, nor had any slice of luck in Championships so far this season, but one things for sure - I will be trying!!!

Can't wait for the grid to be called, should be a good race if everyone shows, so GOOD LUCK :king:

You know my attitude, I had every intention of defending the silver but until certain drivers learn to treat others as human and not pieces of s*!t (of the track not necessarily on it) the silver will be kept tucked away in the garage waiting for Robin to come and collect it.

PS

Calling me out did almost work :unsure:

PPS

Nice promo

Edited by drumbstick

Struggling? Over exaggerated lol.

I'll be there, only for the European race though as the computer is bound to die anyway.

Well i had to some guess work seeing as i missed most the season lol

cheers for letting us know :)

So 13 booked and not all of them are in the euro!!

So come on where are you all!! we dont ask much of the drivers and still when we do you wont help out. If it was up to me who ever is booked at midnight will get in the euro never mind where you are in the points. That said i might put that to Dave if you cant help us why should we bother

Hi Aub,

Think you are a bit premature by writing the meeting off already...I'm one of those drivers who is hoping to compete but as of yet has not booked in. Monday is an Aberdeen holiday however I have a number of things to do this weekend that are weather dependant, so I won't know until possibly Monday itself whether I will be able to join the meeting. I'll politely point out that it is the UK Speedweekend at Skeggy this weekend and I'm sure there are a number of people who might not be venturing home until Monday, and still might not be in a fit state to race by the time they get home! I'm sure there will be the customary late booking surge to boost the grid...hopefully I'll cya'll there.

Just to note chaps, if you hadn't already guessed we will be using the much improved NIR track, NIR V1.0, Thanks to MoR

You can download the track from this thread if you haven't already got it,

http://www.ukdirtforum.com/index.php?showtopic=34552

Cheers

the stunning new version of the track is on the server now ready for practice :thumbs_up: and ive updated the list above

Edited by fatdave488

Hi Aub,

Think you are a bit premature by writing the meeting off already...I'm one of those drivers who is hoping to compete but as of yet has not booked in. Monday is an Aberdeen holiday however I have a number of things to do this weekend that are weather dependant, so I won't know until possibly Monday itself whether I will be able to join the meeting. I'll politely point out that it is the UK Speedweekend at Skeggy this weekend and I'm sure there are a number of people who might not be venturing home until Monday, and still might not be in a fit state to race by the time they get home! I'm sure there will be the customary late booking surge to boost the grid...hopefully I'll cya'll there.

I wasnt writing the meeting off at all i was just slightly annoyed that a simple question that i asked could not be done. however my post seemed to work as nearly all are booked now :) see it works son :D

fastrack3 has let me know he wont be racing due to work so providing he books in that moves kendo912 on to the grid, and the only other 1 to so far not book is fordy688. Dont forget that there is 4 places left on the grid from the last chance race too gents so just coz your not in that top 18 doesnt mean you cant be in the final 22

Edited by fatdave488

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..