Yet more reformat woes

Jonnyboy295

Hi again, I am having problems with pc after reformat, have asked a couple of peeps and not having any luck despite them coming up with some good ideas banghead2.gif

The problem I am having is that before I reformatted in the graphics options I was getting a 'great' rating on poly rate.

Since reinstalling them (everything exactlly the same as before) I am now getting 'bottleneck' with a figure of 405!

I have tried loads of different drivers for the graphics card, completely upto date re windows, at a loss now!

please help!

OK here goes.....

System specs are:

P4 2000 processor

512mb ram (not DDR)

Graphics card is an HIS Excalibur Ati Radeon 9000 128mb DDR

NICK: Yes complete reinstall each time on drivers

YORICK: I don't know what motherboard it has, it's got whatever was in the box when i got it about 18 months ago!

I have reinstalled everything exactlly the same as I had in before, I was running directx9c now and was before as well!

thats what I don't understand, everything should be the same but isnt!

Guest Scrapman53

I had that problem when I changed from a GForce 2 GTS to a GForce 3 ti500 with my old PC.

Pedz has a ti 200 and gets awesome in the 3 boxes in his GX options but I could only get 2 awesomes and a good in the bottom box. eusa_think.gif

Guest Scrapman53

The first screen when you boot up your pc (the one where it tells you to press delete to enter setup (bios) ) usually tells you what motherboard you have and the bios version. thumbs_up.gif

ok guys, still not sorted!

NickM has kindly just spent the last 90mins on msn with me going through various stuff and he is now stumped!

I have still not been able to find out what Motherboard I have.....

It's listed in system as the standard device (thanks for the help microsoft!)

The details I have got from the board itself don't make it any easier, I cant see a brand name on it, the only real 'logo' I can make out looks like a mirrored (UR with the u upright making the straight back of the R if that makes sense?)followed by N232.

The only other obvious makings are "INTEL DESKTOP BOARD D845HV"

in the bios bit as suggested by Scrappy I got the following:

Bios Version HV84510A.86A.0018.P04

Processor Type Intel® Pentium ® 4

Processor Speed 2 Ghz

System Bus Speed 400 Mhz

Cache RAM 256kb

Total Memory 512Mb

Memory Bank 0 256 (PC133)

Memory Bank 1 128 (PC133)

Memory Bank 2 128 (PC133)

Language [English]

There's something I have noticed, every now and then a blue colour flicker happens, just the tint of the screen.....

Also sometimes the monitor goes black for a split second once in a while as if the monitor turns off and back on, though it defo doesnt!

Could this be a sign that the Graphics Card is on the way out?

I have checked everything is intalled correctly and working, all fine.

Nick talked me through running the dxdiag and checking everything there and running the tests and all fine there also.

It's got to the point where I am starting to think that the easiest thing will be ti replace the graphics card, but this wont be poss for a while so any help would be appreciated or I might not be racing this season sad.gif (new house has to come first sad.gif )

042.gif Hi  042.gif

This motherboard

Check your display properties and make sure all the sliders are set to best performance and Vsync is turned off

2211[/snapback]

Thanks Dino,

Vert sync was set to application preference, I have now changed to always off, result is that poly rate has gone from 404 to 407 but is still bottleneck sad.gif

I had a look These driver updates , but wasnt sure which I should do?

Or should I just do all of them?

I am very wary of doing  bios updates, a problem during the update and the motherboard could be scrap.

You could try the Omega drivers (the first ones on the list) which are tweaked ati drivers

2215[/snapback]

I tried using them but it came up that they were not certified so they could not be installed, exited with wizard and had to revert to the previous ones, anyone know a way around this?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to the root of the problem today.

Motherboard is dying, had it checked out, a new graphics card installed only to find that out 3.gif

Hope to have a second hand tower by the start of the season, so providing I can get jolt money together then u can stop partying coz u aint got rid of me yet rofl.gifscared15.gif042.gif2.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..