Help with novice skin and car setup

BigAndyW

Hi all. I'm trying to get the novice skins sorted so I can race next Monday. Do I take (I want to use an RCE) the dds and veh file from

C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\F2Stockcar\Skins Folder\F2TarmacOL\Novice (Tarmac)

and copy them to

C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\F2Stockcar\Skins Folder\RCE

and then rename them with my number and edit the veh file to my details as per the skin painting page? I also understand I'll need my own skins for the new month's packs when asked.

Also tried to follow this on Sunday night (http://www.ukdirt.co.uk//ukdirt/F1/rfsetup.php) to try to sort cars, but I think it was written for the other prog as I can't mirror the initial settings (and the car is worse than ever). Could someone give something better to work on with rFactor to try and improve things. Big ask, but I need Help!!

Thanks

Andy

Edited by BigAndyW

No you don't need to do anything. Just select the novice car required and use that. If you ask on the skinning forum someone will offer to make some cars.

As for setups, it takes time and alot of practice to get these right. The default setups are great especially for novice drivers. They can get you close to the fastest laptimes.

No you don't need to do anything. Just select the novice car required and use that. If you ask on the skinning forum someone will offer to make some cars.

As for setups, it takes time and alot of practice to get these right. The default setups are great especially for novice drivers. They can get you close to the fastest laptimes.

Hmm, problem was, I had a car selected on Sunday night, but server only let me in as a spectator.

Southy is correct, you don't need to do anything other than install the UKDirt skinpacks.

Default setup will also be spot for you, it's very close to the pace already so it's ideal to learn with. I wouldn't even touch the setup until you can drive consistent laptimes for 15/20 laps at a time.

As for the server, it depends on what you were trying to join, the UKDirt servers are usually open to members during non-meeting evenings.

Cheers

Andy

Make sure that spectate is turned off. The option is found under Connect>Settings on the main screen. If you are still having problems with skins they might not be installed in the correct place.

The installer for the skinpacks will install them in the right folder but watch out for this:

Program Files (x86) is for 64bit windows

Program Files is for 32bit/older operating systems

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..