Logitech Driving Force

BigAndyW

Hi all

I'm looking on ebay for a cheap replacement for my Microsoft Sidewinder FF wheel, until I can get my G25/27 in the new Year. I've found this, but it says it doesn't have the dongle for connecting it to a PS3 is missing. Do I need this 'dongle' or are they on about the USB cable, and if so, is it replaceable?

Cheers

Big Andy

If your looking for a replacment wheel and u want it near on as good as a g25 and cheap i would go for this... Click Here

its what i use and find it just as good as a g25 but as good but near on, ive had a g25 and cant notice to much difference tbh.

I have the wheel that Leech has given you a link to and would highly recommend it. great value for money and its brand new, so any probs then Argos will generally replace it straight away.

If you dont want to pay that much then I would look on ebay for one of them second hand. In my opinion it will be a better buy than the one that you have found Andy

Here's my steering wheel settings for this wheel mate. Its personal choice how you set it up, but this made it feel much better for me.

Drumbstick gave me these settings so they should be pretty good.

I would also recommend downloading real feel plugin.

wheel_settings.zip

Edited by Nezza46

Cheers Nezza,

Thanks a load for the setting, should help a lot. I already have the Real Feel plugin, but never really noticed the difference with the Sidewinder FF. Hopefully now I shouldn't have such a fight with the wheel or have FF turned down so low and have a more enjoyable drive from now on.

Big Andy

There's a good guide on our website here as well.

http://uksom.tumblr.com/controller

Could you explain some stuff to me mate as i've been using my wheel on default (except realfeel) and don't like to change stuff unless i know what the change does.

Overall Effects Strength – 101%

Spring Effect 0%

Damper Effect 0%

Centering Spring ticked but on 0%

Report Combined Pedals UNTICKED

Degrees of Rotation is the important one, and something you can fine tune for yourself. Start off with 270 degrees to start with as per the illustration, do some laps and then increase or decrease it depending on your preference. I, for eg, use my rotation on 250 degrees whereas other members of the team tend to go up to 300 degrees. Just try different settings between 200 and 300 if you are struggling to get the response and quickness of steering you need.

- Why up the over effects by 1%? What does this do? Why is 1% significant.

- What does the spring effect and damper effect do? Why turn them to 0%?

- Why tick centre spring but put to 0%, surely contradictory?

- Degrees of rotation? I think this is right but if i up my rotation from the 200 degrees i am on, to 250 degrees, i will have to turn my wheel further round on 250 to get the same travel as on 200 degrees? 200 degrees should make the wheel more responsive? Or am i wrong? So making it 300 would make the car feel more stable?

Any explanation would be helpful, not going to change my settings without knowing what they do as i've been driving well with them on default. Cheers Grasser.

Small update on the above to say i have been testing the recommended settings.

I can't say i notice a massive difference, although going into the corner, if the car understeers, the steering definitely goes nowhere near as light as it did. Still dont understand the 101%.

I also testing the 250-300 degrees but that was too much for me, i am so used of 200 degrees that im gonna have to stick with it for the time being.

101% is how heavy the overall effects are, lower it the effects are lighter.

If you use realfeel the modder insisted you left the spring and damper at zero to give a better feel of the car, i always use real feel as the feedback is smoother without the bumps and bangs.

Centre spring was ticked and left at zero or a low % as there was a bug which allowed it to work when unticked.

Hi all

Got it, and I love it. I've only done a few dozen laps at Barford (to compare old Microsoft Sidewinder timings) and I feel so much smoother, ffback not so harsh, better braking, better acceleration, and I can race with a full cup of tea on the desk and not lose any (unlike the half a cup I would lose before). It's like the difference between driving a Lada and a Porsche. I've also bought instructions for making a set of pedals that use a load cell for the brake pedal.

Talking of pedals, what does a standard set of Logitech DFGT pedals feel like on the brake. I'd describe mine as progresive beeing fairly gentle for about first 1/3 of movement then gets harder to push after that. I'm actually wondering if these have the upgrade spring fitted.

Big Andy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..