World Cup at Venray - UK entries

MC388

According to the site of Venray, these are the UK-drivers who are racing at Venray:

F1:

# 21 Mark Gilbank - qualified for the World Cup.

# 1 Peter Falding - qualified for the World Cup.

# 322 James Neachell - qualified for the World Cup.

# 390 Stu Smith jr. - qualified for the World Cup.

# 321 Edward Neachell - qualified for the World Cup.

# 259 Paul Hines - qualified for the World Cup.

The others may race in the remaining heats, but not in the World Cup.

Dont ask me how Venray has decided who races what, cause I have no idea.  shrug.gif

# 327 Howard Davis

# 11 Neil Scriven

# 218 Derek Fairhurst

# 489 Gary Utley

# 484 Craig Utley

# 20

# 231 Mark Peters

# 172 Michael Randell

# 30 Mike Storry

# 105 Chris Bonner

# 460 Chris Cooke

Entries F2:

???????????????

No entries to be found................anywhere  shrug.gif

During the European Championship at NIR Venray has contacted the drivers (listed above) about the stricter safetyrules (implemented after the fire-incident). Some of the drivers have said they will not comply with these rules and are therefor not coming to Venray. No idea which drivers have said this, so the entries may have changed by the time its the World Cup.

Taken from latest newsletter :

Every driver who would like to drive at venray, must be aware of the fact that the following clothing is compulsory from 20th august 2005 onwards

Driver

- According FIA 8856 - 2000 or better :

Balaclava, Turtleneck with long sleeves, long pants, race shoes ( the higher ones are better than the lower ones)

- According standard FIA86:

Gloves, Racing suit ( till the end of 2007, from 1st jan the minimum standard will be 8856 - 2000).

The racing suit may not be embroidered through and through . the embroidery may only being applied at the outer layer .

Mechanic:

Every mechanic, if being on the race track before or after race, must wear overalls.

Team:

Every team must have a fire extinguisher with a max of 5kg, which has to be near the car,when standing in the pits.

From what i see there is a big expense to race at venray hence why a few aint bothering 

According to the site of Venray, these are the UK-drivers who are racing at Venray:

F1:

# 21 Mark Gilbank - qualified for the World Cup.

# 1 Peter Falding - qualified for the World Cup.

# 322 James Neachell - qualified for the World Cup.

# 390 Stu Smith jr. - qualified for the World Cup.

# 321 Edward Neachell - qualified for the World Cup.

# 259 Paul Hines - qualified for the World Cup.

The others may race in the remaining heats, but not in the World Cup.

Dont ask me how Venray has decided who races what, cause I have no idea.  shrug.gif

Think these 6 are highest points scorers in uk from the drivers that are

coming over just like top 3 of venray and top 3 of acon qualify

for the world final in the UK

Cheers

Mark

F2 170 Mark Helliwell will be there biggrin.gif

25801[/snapback]

great that you are coming.

2 f2 drivers are coming from england know, roy slocombe and mark helliwell.

is there someone else who knows which f2 drivers also coming?

Cheers patrick.

Two more drivers from England for you.

677 Chris Roots and if I'm correct 802 Dean Simpson.

Looks like Posterholt is gonna beat Venray with the Tooz this year and rightfully so. Hopefully the visiting drivers for Posterholt will travel back and word spreads what great a track it is for F2. A few more dutch than just the regular will be racing at Posterholt too, including 66 Henk Heins, who'll probably be the furthest travelling dutchman.

Cheers,

Edman.

Looks like Posterholt is gonna beat Venray with the Tooz this year and rightfully so.

Cheers,

Edman.

26176[/snapback]

Here is another department in which Posterholt beats Venray.

Posterholt have REAL fire-fighters and not a bunch of wanna-be's like in Venray.

Score sofar 2-0 to Posterholt...............LOL

Posterholt is a stock car track, Venray isn't, which means better races with 12 cars as Venray with 45. They only let 30 out on track anyway. Shame that people are scared to come down to a real mens track. O, and Posterholt gets all the top guns out, both of them, LOL.

5-1. The 1 is for having more cars.

Just got Short Circuit Mag today and I expect problems next week. Maybe they're gonna insult me too. Who cares, gives me a reason too.................

Cheers,

Edman.

Edited by Edman23

lol....

im tired about the hole discussion posterhold is the best stockcar track but where is everbody.

Posterhold is a great track even like lelystad,venray,posterhold,ter apel and all other tracks and you know why? because the politic is not very charmed about our sport. sad.gif

cheer patrick

Posterholt is a stock car track, Venray isn't, which means better races with 12 cars as Venray with 45. They only let 30 out on track anyway. Shame that people are scared to come down to a real mens track. O, and Posterholt gets all the top guns out, both of them, LOL.

5-1. The 1 is for having more cars.

Just got Short Circuit Mag today and I expect problems next week. Maybe they're gonna insult me too. Who cares, gives me a reason too.................

Cheers,

Edman.

26254[/snapback]

Thats your personal opinion Edman .. some of us think venray is better then

posterholt. For one the drivers there get paid and in posterholt not .. one of the

reasons that there is no F1 anymore at Posterholt.  And the racing can be good

at Venray .. i know its rare but i enjoyed last meeting as there were pretty

good races and lots of actions on track. And every year the Gold Cup is

really awesome with brilliant racing.  Anyway .. it doesnt

really matter wich track is better as we have to be glad with every track

we have as we dont have many tracks anymore so .. im sure every promoter

does his very best to have a good meeting every time so ..

Cheers

Mark

Edited by H33Racing

Anyway .. it doesnt

really matter wich track is better as we have to be glad with every track

we have as we dont have many tracks anymore so .. im sure every promoter

does his very best to have a good meeting every time so ..

this is the point... every track got his own personal style. I enjoy venray cuase of fast action and well filled grids (as there seemse getting less every meeting). Went to Posterholt two or three years ago for a hole season and like the beeing near at the track and all the low budget sport there like Standard and StockCar 1300 but dislike the officials on both. Hate Baarlo for beeing sooo long and no such good vieuw but loved it for the fast action and the huge grids there. Hope every tracks will stay as long as possible. Watched a official ASS (AutoSpeedwaySport Video) from 1983 with WM Hot Rods. In that video they talked about the three existing tracks in germany and how to get them together and better known in public.... 1986 the last german one was closed!!!!!!! This sport needs more positiv promotion to stay alive

I wanted to write a really big story, but hey, I ain't gonna. Patrick and Mark, if you'd like to know my grief against Venray, just ask me and I'll tell you. It has got nothing to do with drivers, not even with the accomodation. It's the best accomodation there is in dutchland. The tracks too long in my opinion, at least for the Tooz it is, but like Mark said it's my personal opinion. I don't talk about money for the F1 at Posterholt because I don't know what happened and that this story has two sides to it. But here's my opinion on that matter, if drivers want to get paid, fine, but why, it's a hobby and I haven't told any F1 driver he should get one of those, have I. And why pay one formula, just pay em all or none of them, again it's the driver that wants to race a thing like that, I haven't forced him into it.

Now this topic went into some banter between me and MC. I just wrote some things down that are true. I didn't want to offend you Patrick, it's just banter. We've done it before and I'm sure this thing will come up again sometime. See Patrick, you know me and I know you and I'm always in for some fun. I've got my own opinions and I stick with them. I know you do the same.

By the way Patrick, do you come out to play this weekend.

Cheers,

Edman.

well you dont offend me edman you know that.

I whas only telling that whe must not fight which track is better, but whe must fight too get more and maybe better tracks because the way its know going is see a dark future for all those stockcar fans.

im not gonna play this weekend on posterhold ed maybe i pay a visit on sunday.

The reason, my dad whas thinking it whas a bad idea because the car is doing it good on venray and he want too see me in the top 10 in the world cup race.

But if im on posterhold i will searce 4 ya so whe can see a few good formula2 races because if all those english drivers are really there it would be great.

Cheers patrick

No MC, It's got nothing to do with that. Firstly the promoter is willing to pay every formula the same amount. Don't jump me for it if he hasn't payed anything, but that's the way he always does it. And my opinion is simple, why have 5 F1's race at the track when you already have 9 formulas on a raceday. He doesn't want to say to any of them to stay at home, he rather leaves the F1's of the fixturelist as they are not a regular formula anyway.

Now about safety matters. I've just heard that the F1 field drivers do not have to wear all the fireproof stuff the rest of the drivers have to wear. Seems they told the promoter they'd stay away if they had to buy the stuff. This is what I mean, he should've been strong and say, if you're not gonna than please stay away. Now he's gonna have a problem next week, as for sure other drivers will not be happy with it. That's Venray for you, these rules for some and other rules for others. I'm really curious what the visiting British drivers, if any, have to say about this.

Cheers,

Edman.

Marks just spent just short of £500 on the fire proof gear and now the filed boys dont have to use it??

It was sort notice enough that it was dropped on us that we needed it, but these things happen,

All we want to do is race in Holland and not get involved in the politics, it costs enough to come to Holland, we want to enjoy it and we will biggrin.gif

Marks just spent just short of £500 on the fire proof gear and now the filed boys dont have to use it??

It was sort notice enough that it was dropped on us that we needed it, but these things happen,

All we want to do is race in Holland and not get involved in the politics, it costs enough to come to Holland, we want to enjoy it and we will biggrin.gif

26403[/snapback]

Roy slocombe have also spend 500 on the fire proof gear.

I hope the english drivers will enjoy there stay in holland because believe me there are lots of stockcar fans that are only come too venray because of you.

cheers patrick

Yes Yes Yes... it´s another style of driving on that island... don´t mean the driving on the wrong sie of the street ;-)

I think the stock car driving in england is a bit harder and toughter than here and this is what we want to see.. no rodding... use your bumpers.

I can´t wait to get to venray next weekend....

Psycho,

Best get off to Posterholt as there will be action today. We got a little taster yesterday and there was nothing at stake then. 8 English F2's and hard racing. Shame for the H52 team who got fenced twice, but when you go out with the big boys, you're gonna get fenced by the big boys.

Cheers,

Edman.

I have to say I was a little disappointed about the amount of Dutch F2 drivers. It was good to see about 20 cars on track.

What I didn't understand is H24 driving 2 different cars at the meeting? 1st heat he raced that bright yellow car and heat 2 and final he races that golden car. I thought this wasn't allowed?

Anyway here a schot from the new Elite Evo from Chris Roots 677 at Posterholt.

Picture is at it's original size for those that would like a desktop of it wink.gif

Dragon

post-96-1124009967_thumb.jpg

H24... i always think he is allowed to do what he want to do... but this is something i think about some more guys. Remeber the world cup in venray there i think Roel Bongarts was allowed to change the rear axle thing (don´t know how this is called in english) on the race track so he can start... this seemse to be ok for the "local heros" and guys whith the money

Dunno Ian,

Don't take this as official, but if they're going for the national points than Mark will probably on the tird row. From the visiting drivers he'll have the highest points total. Once again, this is not official but just the most logical thing to do. I keep saying it, there'll be no stopping Schut except for mechanical problems. He didn't use his own car at Posterholt for nothing you see. About taking note of the BriSCA rulebook. Best thing for UK drivers to do when over here is to shelf the rulebook.

I've seen more drivers use two cars at the same meeting. I've seen drivers not being black flagged with a loose spring guard. Hence during the weekend they put Allen Cooper, who is a blue top in the red grade, while Martyn Coles a red top, was put in the blue grade in one race. After asking Allen why he had to start with the reds, he said there was no reason given to him.

Psycko, I'll try to explain without being rude, but who cares about the Hotrods. They don't race according to international rules anyway. They're not Nationals, because the NHRPA don't want them. The same goes for the outlaws. Face it, the Hotrods and any other formula that races at Venray are just a support to the F1's. The funny thing is that support formulea like the F2 and Saloons outshine the F1's on more than one occasion a year, although the last meeting the F1's finally lived up to their main event status with two rolls.

After this weekends racing I actually look forward to Venray and hope to see some good racing. Shame they put the rods on, because it would have been better if it was a contact only weekend.

Cheers,

Edman.

Cheers Edman, hope its is row 3, Marks done/still doing alot of work on the car after being side swiped into a concrete tyre at Barford, whole under carrage having to be replaced, car is still in bits at the moment but we will be there hopefully on row 3 giving it his best.

p.s a new front bumper is being made wink.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..