Front wing

Danny17

I dont think it makes any difference, when im painting my own cars I use it as a chalk board for my hit list ;)

lol I once borrowed a Gilbank car that had a front wing on and it did nothing other than get in the way other than down the straight it was used to line em up for the big WHOLLOP.

At that time my car was very Broken due to a 3+roll at Sheffield. (ADMIN please note as at the time I was yellow an if I check the green flag had not gone down) I wasn't jumping the start

as I was just keeping grade distance(Craig Harworth) was the jumper lol. I was the roller, :011:

At that time my car was very Broken due to a 3+roll at Sheffield. (ADMIN please note as at the time I was yellow an if I check the green flag had not gone down) I wasn't jumping the start

as I was just keeping grade distance(Craig Harworth) was the jumper lol. I was the roller, :011:

Hello Danny,

It's the first time I've read the forum in a little while and just noticed your post here - 'Danny17' and 'big roll' at Sheffield I put two and two together and realised who you must be. I remember the roll very well, I always used to stand at the end of the home straight at that time on the terracing, it was a big 'un, the video didn't really do it justice as it was filmed from that gantry above and you didn't really get the perspective on it. Much scarier when the car was actually hurtling towards you, though I can't imagine it was all too pleasant in the cab either like (did those infield marker tyres cushion the blow a bit?!). Just off the top of my head it must've been what, maybe Whit (end of May) Bank Holiday Monday '99? Or am I a year or so early with that?

You used to go well round there like, some magical nights back then at Sheffield, loved the 98-2001 era - Mondays, under lights, louder cars than now, more shale somehow, Lundy still 'on it'. My ears always used to be ringing when my head hit the pillow every meet without fail.

Cheers

Corny aka Neal Bell

Hi Corny.

Not sure what year it was but it will be around that time.

The roll was ok to be fair didn't really hurt until I saw how much damage there was lol.

It is true when they say it goes to slow motion. Even with the car rolling you still have time to shut off fuel ignition ect an still have time to think where am I going to stop with the big tyres getting close lol. :steeringwheel: :steeringwheel:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..