See you at the Superbowl.......

Andy543NI

Hmmm dont know whether 1300's would be any better would they? You would get more cars probably but it would still be a pooh track whatever with cars running round there in a high speed train.

I'll be making the trip as well, all 2 miles of it  wink.gif

I hope it's as good as tonight's saloon racing when a whole 11 saloons bothered to turn up  thumbs_down.gif . One of them even clipped the wall at one stage 18.gif  rofl.gif

2? where do you live?

And saloons tonight (well last nite to be exact) were utter pants, and probably the worst saloon meeting i've ever seen at Cowdie.

KP did try to liven it up a bit in the final though...

Edited by Kev152

I'll be there, but wont be watching much of the racing...

I'll be there and prob racing on the sunday too (if the car works)

icon_funny.gif

rolleyes.gif is that what you call it...lol rolleyes.gif  rofl.gif

Hmmm dont know whether 1300's would be any better would they? You would get more cars probably but it would still be a pooh track whatever with cars running round there in a high speed train.

cant just be the track, there has been some great racing there over the years...

cant just be the track, there has been some great racing there over the years...

I completely agree with you, there was some great racing.....then they changed the layout, put that pants inner wall up and hey presto, racing ruined!

2? where do you live?

About 400 yards from you Kevin 042.gif  A spaniards stones throw as some would say rofl.gif  

I completely agree with you, there was some great racing.....then they changed the layout, put that pants inner wall up and hey presto, racing ruined!

Not so much the inner wall though it is a pain  wink.gif

The real downfall started as you say when the layout was changed. Large sections of the inside of the corners were removed in order to make the track more attractive to the National Hot Rods (Came up once and said thank's but no thank's) and the Brisca F1s (Still come up once a year and are very welcome at that but for me are more of a noise spectacle round Cowdenbeath and look a lot better at Knockhill the following day).

So for one extra formula visiting once a year the F2 and Saloon racing has suffered ever since  3.gif

You might be right Stu but nothing ventured nothing gained i say as the 2lrs are dying on their elbows up here.  shrug.gif

I hope it's as good as tonight's saloon racing when a whole 11 saloons bothered to turn up  thumbs_down.gif . One of them even clipped the wall at one stage 18.gif  rofl.gif

You complaining with 11 turning up!???

Save if for when the local budget formula (Group 2 Lightning Rods) with 20+ cars are canceled on the night just because 3 ORC Ligntning Rod drivers made the effort to appear  3.gif  banghead2.gif

2? where do you live?

Dam, I got a stalker!

Anyone know of any visiting Saloons or F2's for the weekend?

Soaps? Darby? Webster (x2) ? Aldous? are names I'd expect in saloons, and f2s, probably Polley, and 1 or 2 others?

Edited by Kev152

2? where do you live?

Dam, I got a stalker!

You should be so lucky   3.gif 

I just know where you live as i pass it on the way to my abode most days and the endless stream of bent Prostox in the drive are a bit of a giveaway  rofl.gif  (Kidding Mate, your out there, i'm not. Nuff said   thumbs_up.gif )

I'm over the back of the old ship by the way Kevin.  042.gif

I'm also apparently one of the "especially bad abuse towards 79 and others, shouting clowns that stand up the steps along from the toilets on turn 2" as we've been eloquently described by some chap over on your own forum.

Weird how people will say nothing when stood 20 yards away but are quite happy to have a go when they're at home in front of their P.C  shrug.gif

Back on topic at least the Superbowl can surely only be better than last year when hardly any visitors turned up then the fog came down and blanked out the race itself. I only worked out 71 was winning as his was the only car i could make out through the gloom  ohmy.gif

I'm also apparently one of the "especially bad abuse towards 79 and others, shouting clowns that stand up the steps along from the toilets on turn 2" as we've been eloquently described by some chap over on your own forum.

Weird how people will say nothing when stood 20 yards away but are quite happy to have a go when they're at home in front of their P.C  shrug.gif

and it was prob one of those moodie fans that shout for 647 to die when he got put out at workington all way over the top

Just got back from Cowdie to which I paid an unexpected visit for the evening, although obviously some of the regulars are cheesed off with the track and racing I canny enjoyed it...Final was alright for the F2's with Burgoyne (647) pegging Moodie (79) back once he'd got past, and Keith Brown (82) coming through to take the win. Broatchy (725) did a pretty good job of keeping Moodie behind him for 3 or 4 laps in the GN before 79 managed to knock him offline and get through to drive his way into the sunset as I'm sure a lot of you are used to seeing up there week in week out  ohmy.gif

Not a regular saloon watcher myself but did enjoy them as well, some of the hits going in on their turns3/4 looked massive...especially the Consi with Richard Baldwin (425) dishing it out big style. Eddie Darby (677) kopped it large on what must have been the first lap of the Superbowl on that same bend...

Was good to put some names to faces from the UK-Dirt league for the first time, such as Korizin and Crasher...and enjoyable banter up there on the steps as ever. Big thanks to Mav for taking me up there picking me up on his way up from Lincolnshire, as we only really arranged to go up about 1:30am Saturday morning on MSN it made a nice change to go and see some racing up there, and of course get to see some of the folks who I/we don't see very often during the course of a season.

Cheers,

Corny

I'm Back home !!!!!  thumbs_up.gif 10 hours travelling covering 630 miles, whilst taking in 4 hours of racing  rofl.gif

Was worthwhile tho, some good racing plus great to see the "Clan"

Of the newbies, Cod being my favourite  thumbup.gif , then there was Fozz, Korizin, & Fritz too. (Saw Scrapman too, but didn't get to say hi) then there was Crasher too !!!! (sorry m8 missed you off list ealier too!)

Nice to see some familiar faces too, Albz, Ham, Pedz, Hack & BB ( & PRYDIE  banana.gif ) along with some surprises Trav, Mart & Wrighty.

Time for sleep now  ohmy.gif

Nice to meet you guys  thumbs_up.gif

Edited by PB - 525

I'm Back home !!!!!  thumbs_up.gif 10 hours travelling covering 630 miles, whilst taking in 4 hours of racing  rofl.gif

Was worthwhile tho, some good racing plus great to see the "Clan"

Of the newbies, Cod being my favourite  thumbup.gif , then there was Fozz, Korizin, & Fritz too. (Saw Scrapman too, but didn't get to say hi)

Nice to see some familiar faces too, Albz, Ham, Pedz & BB along with some surprises Trav & Mart.

Time for sleep now  ohmy.gif

Nice to meet you guys  thumbs_up.gif

i take it from that statement it wasnt nice to see me???   rofl.gif  rofl.gif

prydie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..