Bill Batton?

sashjag

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sash if he lived completely the diffrent end of the country to you we could understand why you didnt know who he was but he lives in your town! do you just sit inside all day or something? even i've heard of Bill Batten and george polley etc. most the names on this thread and i'm not really a fan

I only follow bangers, i hate non contact racing, its so boaring unless your driving it. Anyway he owns a garage, and those of you who come from plymouth here, his garage is in lipson vale....

sash if he lived completely the diffrent end of the country to you we could understand why you didnt know who he was but he lives in your town! do you just sit inside all day or something? even i've heard of Bill Batten and george polley etc. most the names on this thread and i'm not really a fan

I only follow bangers, i hate non contact racing, its so boaring unless your driving it. Anyway he owns a garage, and those of you who come from plymouth here, his garage is in lipson vale....

Eh, I hate to tell you this, but F1s and F2s are contact.

ye but not as much as bangers.. its like watchin sum 1 eat a roast , an u havnt eatten for a week, and u watch him do it.. its so boarring.. but if ur doing it its alot beta.. u see ma point..??

ye but not as much as bangers.. its like watchin sum 1 eat a roast , an u havnt eatten for a week, and u watch him do it.. its so boarring.. but if ur doing it its alot beta.. u see ma point..??

:rofl: this thread just gets better and better, thats got to be the strangest example ever! :rofl:

I had to write about child hood memories, so i wrote it about the 1st blockbuster and i got an A* for it :thumbup: Accounting is next , then on to bangers and i will try and give a bit of my time to my girl friend :5:

I had to write about child hood memories, so i wrote it about the 1st blockbuster and i got an A* for it :thumbup: Accounting is next , then on to bangers and i will try and give a bit of my time to my girl friend :5:

Is that all you're gonna give her??? :coffee:

aye play yr cards right m8 and u might get yr knee scratched :thumbup:

M8 when you said her!!! i do hope that you are not calling me a girl!! cuz im a 16 year old boy!!!!

remember 332-Sashjag BOY

M8 when you said her!!! i do hope that you are not calling me a girl!! cuz im a 16 year old boy!!!!

remember 332-Sashjag BOY

How silly of me.... I assumed your girlfriend was a 'she'

My bad! ;)

Edited by Chewy102

do you like to annoy little kids that are younger than you chewy that all you seem to do!!! lol

Martin :thumbup:

Edited by martwisely

remember 332-Sashjag BOY

How silly of me.... I assumed your girlfriend was a 'she'

My bad! ;)

do you like to annoy little kids that are younger than you chewy that all you seem to do!!! lol

Yeah, Chewy, if you are ever asked what your goal is, you will probably say "I want to have wound up

(number) kids"

I did try annoying the little kids that were OLDER than me but they are hard to find these days :042:

are you taking the [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] he is one of the legends of f2 and is still racing below is a little fact file of his f2 carrere which started in the early 70s

NATIONAL POINTS CHAMP,1974,76,77,78,79,80

WORLD CHAMP,1977,81,82,04

BRITISH CHAMP,1975,76,80,82,90,05

EURO CHAMP,1990

IRISH CHAMP,1990,93,95,05

nationals champ,2005

gn champ,1972,75,77,78,81,97

english champ,1992

scottish champ,1981

uk open champ,2005

ben fund champ,1982,92

top of drivers averages,1990,92,96,02,03

MAXIMUMS-31

total points scored-28,722 thats got to be a record

he has won over 350 finals

and well of 1,000 race wins

oh and its BILL BATTEN :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

y take the micky out of him . ive been racing for 2 years and i dont have a clue who he is. its like going to japan and them expecting u to know the names of their international football squad.

To be honest, I don't know any more about this Bill Batten character than Sashjag. All of you who took the [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] out of him, wasn't it a bit harsh?

Gotta agree there mate, glad somebody said something. People on this forum get right on their high horse over nothing and take the absolute [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] out of anyone.

Whether the boy is stupid or not, he was asking a genuine question. You have to remember, some of us younger generation don't know the full history of Stock Cars, unlike some of you, so when someone asks a question, just answer it and don't be a prick.

As for David Beckham, who really gives a toss who he is? Overpaid, useless waster.

Don't want to affend you Korizin but i'm only just 15 and know that during the 70' and 80's Bill Batten raced F1 and currently racing F2. I know that he has just lost his WF Crown but still holds the U.K hence his chequered roof. His number in F1 was 467 in F1 and in F2 he is 167 and his nephew Tim Farrell is 667 and that he is seriously injured with a spinal injury and that he races Tarmac mainly and is super fast with famous 'tilting' car. So i really don't think that age has anything to do with it when it comes legendary drivers that big.

Cheers

Kruiz

Didn't cause offence. I didn't say all of the younger generation don't know their stock car history, i was just pointing out that not everyone knows the history.

I know a fair amount myself, just not all of it.

You have basically tryed to justify taking the [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] out of the guy based on the theory that, because you know about the history of stock cars and are young, then he must also know these things. It doesn't work that way.

Don't want to affend you Korizin but i'm only just 15 and know that during the 70' and 80's Bill Batten raced F1 and currently racing F2. I know that he has just lost his WF Crown but still holds the U.K hence his chequered roof. His number in F1 was 467 in F1 and in F2 he is 167 and his nephew Tim Farrell is 667 and that he is seriously injured with a spinal injury and that he races Tarmac mainly and is super fast with famous 'tilting' car. So i really don't think that age has anything to do with it when it comes legendary drivers that big.

Cheers

Kruiz

Not That I want to offend you Kruiz. ;), but I think you'll find that Bill Batten actualy raced F2's in the 70's and early to mid 80's, where his number was 667 and he was nicknamed ' The Master', (probably because he could start a race a lap behind, and still manage to walk it like everyone else was out driving a shopping trolley) and because he won everything that there was to win in the sport. He did occasionaly race F1s.

He was one of the first to use inboard, coil over shocks on F2's , and his on his tax return his profession was rumoured to be written down as that of either stock car racer , or builder.

He packed it all in the mid 80's due to marital problems, but made a comeback in the early 90's, when he had to adopt his new 167 number as Tim Farrell now uses 667.

With age comes wisdom. :rofl:

Edited by mcrew

Cheers

Kruiz

Not That I want to offend you Kruiz. ;), but I think you'll find that Bill Batten actualy raced F2's in the 70's and early to mid 80's, where his number was 667 and he was nicknamed ' The Master', (probably because he could start a race a lap behind, and still manage to walk it like everyone else was out driving a shopping trolley) and because he won everything that there was to win in the sport. He did occasionaly race F1s.

He was one of the first to use inboard, coil over shocks on F2's , and his on his tax return his profession was rumoured to be written down as that of either stock car racer , or builder.

He packed it all in the mid 80's due to marital problems, but made a comeback in the early 90's, when he had to adopt his new 167 number as Tim Farrell now uses 667.

With age comes wisdom. :rofl:

Blimey, for a hardened banger boy you certainly know your Stock Cars!

Blimey, for a hardened banger boy you certainly know your Stock Cars!

Thats what a mis-spent childhood of attending Newton Abbot race course can do for you! :rolleyes:

Plus Bill used to live at Pensilva in Cornwall, and I used to have relations living there.

Im full of completely useless information like that you know Dazza! :rofl:

sashjag i think youll find that bill batten does not live or work in plymouth but newton abbott

the lipson vale is the farrell family buisness

and kruiz136 im not sure where you heard batten was in hospital for a long time because thats wrong he had a nasty crash at bristol in september and had broken ribs along with other injurys and was in hosptial for about 4-5 days he is back racing tomoz at stday hopefully :thumbup: more stuff in this thread

http://forum.kev149.com/index.php?showtopic=4746

on and korzin the above is not a [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] take just FACTS

Edited by travel365