Renders

erik

Looking good mickymoo and rik

Rik dnt u think the garage is to tidy? it could do with bits n bobs scattered on the floor with big oil stains ect :P:P

gd work lads

Oil stains? Would it really be worth changing the oil in a banger :lol:

I know it is impossible to change oil without it going on the floor and/or on your clothes.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good mickymoo and rik

I know it is impossible to change oil without it going on the floor and/or on your clothes.

No not really Erik, just do what i do, well my step dad and me do, put a box of sawdust under were the oil filter is and the sawdust will catch any oil spilage and when emptying the filter, empty it into a bucket and then poor sawdust into the bucket until it has soaked up the oil and your done.

I should write a book.... A CHAVS WAY OF CHANGING OIL.

Sash

No not really Erik, just do what i do, well my step dad and me do, put a box of sawdust under were the oil filter is and the sawdust will catch any oil spilage and when emptying the filter, empty it into a bucket and then poor sawdust into the bucket until it has soaked up the oil and your done.

Sash

We use an old basin to catch the oil, but when changing the filter some oil will inevitably go on the floor, maybe its just my carelessness? :lol:

Anyway, since when do Chavs change oil? Aren't they afraid of getting oil on their expensive Burberry clothing and then rendering it unwearable? :rofl:

Edited by erik

Like Rikard, I have also painted a nice limo (thanks Vivadave for the 3d file). (These are proper limos, unlike the big, crappy American ones you see on the roads today);

IPB Image

This is also my first attempt at making use of Rikard's suspension in a render, comments welcome. :thumbup:

look abit like this rodder?

[attachmentid=7132]

Steve! :011: I can clearly see a rather large piece of box section in the front of your car in this shot! :scared15:

Edited by mcrew

That's a very nice one moo. I have one little pernickity thing that I realised when doing bangers, they just don't look right with too much shine. If you select the car and then press m to go to the material editor and turn down the reflection to around 30 i think, it will look alot more detailed but still have that slight reflection.

cheers

sparky

That's a very nice one moo. I have one little pernickity thing that I realised when doing bangers, they just don't look right with too much shine. If you select the car and then press m to go to the material editor and turn down the reflection to around 30 i think, it will look alot more detailed but still have that slight reflection.

cheers

sparky

yup your right m8 cheers

[attachmentid=7173]

post-133-1151524578.jpg

Sash

We use an old basin to catch the oil, but when changing the filter some oil will inevitably go on the floor, maybe its just my carelessness? :lol:

Anyway, since when do Chavs change oil? Aren't they afraid of getting oil on their expensive Burberry clothing and then rendering it unwearable? :rofl:

Nice renders Micky :thumbs_up:

I use an old boot mat from a sierra estate, it's even rubber coated underneath! lol

Edited by Munster

Sash

Nice renders Micky :thumbs_up:

I use an old boot mat from a sierra estate, it's even rubber coated underneath! lol

God that mat must smell, as if it wouldn't have stank already but after a few lots of oil...

On a more serious note, thanks Allstar for the compliments.

Edited by erik

i noticed the trailor sinkin after i posted the image up. But it took so long to render that i have saved it but ill prob not go back to it. and as for the Van it dont look sinking to me :blink:

I no this is very OTT but its just a laugh.

and no its not sinking its a puncture on the frount! probably get critisised but thats good :scared15:

it was posted btw :thumbup:

[attachmentid=7206]

LOL.

post-874-1151621744.jpg

Edited by nemesis

lol nice stuff rik, and nemesis, its not that far off i remember a car at the london open in 205 i think it was, ended up worse than that!

Had been followed in, the driver got out luckily and then someone got followed into the back of it, and it folded like hell!

here ya go...

IPB Image

and other side

IPB Image

London open ftw tbh!

Nem... we allways get renders showing real cars but yours showing a real car after a render is top mate well done LOL.

ok ......here we go " YOU SHOW ME YOURS" comp from now till monday @ 6 pm i will offer a free jolt fee next year to the best rendered model from this post.

only 3 rules

rule 1..........model must be ACTIVE in ukdirt BANGERS

rule 2..........no trailers or garage or back grounds to be used. model must be displayed on a plain surface

rule 3...........we expect only the finest rendering, pls make the modelers work worth it

( seeing as i am forking out for the prize i will judge and my decision is final )

rule 3a.......you can post up to 3 pics....i will disregarde any pics i think have not done this comp justice.

ARE YOU READY

ARE YOU SET

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I set this comp knowing that the winner will recive a 12 month jolt fee payment sent to ukdirt admin and that the winning entrant has to be UKDIRT registered.

this comp is set to highlight the modelers work and the result is noway connected to the modelers skills.

no re-modeling is accepted.

this comp is purley set out to give those that can render the stunning models a chance to compete in the ukdirt league......and therefore promote UKDIRT in noway am i responsible for the winners behavior in jolt.

Edited by mickymoo

Thats a really great idea Moo, its about time we had a render compertition lol :thumbup:

And a very generous prize aswell! im sure that will inspire many people to have a go :042:

Im doing my first one right now! il be posting them up in a few days :thumbup:

Sorry for the double post, i have one quick question, can we "touch up" the renders in a program like photoshop? or does it all have to done in 3D Max?

heres an example of one of my renders using photoshop aswell, iv just added a lense flair and some stars,

[attachmentid=7219]

This isn't one of my entries, il be posting them up Sunday,

cheers Moo :thumbs_up:

post-775-1151666682.jpg