gtr

chris

Bobbing up and down on the straights is unfortunatley what the cars do , it is worse on the Porsches, and i have to agree it is a distraction.

The sim is very good in offline mode although my pc does not have enough memory to allow more than 16 cars without stuttering.

On line its much better but there are still a few bugs about.

Poacher Pete.

I am part of a group who will be running a League for GTR when there server is fully operational.

In the mean time i am content with GT4 and my Lotus carlton thumbup.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scrapman53
john have u looked on the rsc forum loads of help on ther about game hanging at check disk screen  http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=198031 

also its worth joining the gtr simbin forum for help and info

http://www.gtr-game.com/forums/

scrappy thers some info on how to stop the car bouncing on

http://www.gtr-game.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=640&st=0

9562[/snapback]

All sorted now. The Lister doesn't seem as bad and I've just got used to it after some serious testing online with Pedz, Albertz and yourself. All I need now is to get used to applying the power correctly every time on the exit of the bends and I should be able to stay on the track for a whole race. (Improving on this every time I race Btw). This game is awesome.  thumbs_up.gif

Got mine installed yesterday and had a few races before i hit the online racing..........this morning i competed at monza using the corvette with 29 other drivers.

After a few laps i found that everyone is at the same level in the game with a few not knowing when to slow down and when to change gear.

I managed to finish the race in 9th after quallifying in 22nd that was after all the others had offs or engines blow up.

I love this game and i know my easter will be spent trying to sort setups out and having a few races online.

My Lobby name is Joker175..........so may cya in there some time thumbs_up.gif

cyas in there soon i hope........do they accept rodders?  rofl.gif

10812[/snapback]

They better had do because Im getting it  rolleyes.gif , wasnt sure about the demo tbh so I want to try the full game to get the full picture.

Cheers

Grasser#233

Best be ready for a few rear enders to start with m8............hairpins are fun when there are a few behind.

I have competed at donnington aswell with my race ending upside down in the gravel trap after a coming together at a hairpin.

It does make for more realistic racing but can be annoying at times (same as in the real world i guess).

Here to hours of fun thumbs_up.gif

Got mine today. (down to £24.99 in MVC now btw)  thumbs_up.gif

Looks fantastic.   appl.gif

Will need a bit more practice offline before going into a server yet though.  wink.gif

My username for when i do take the plunge is -ham775- 

Edited by Ham 775

Guest Scrapman53

Just go in m8. There's plenty of numpties online with it, so you'll probably look good. lol.

Me and Pedz were at Barcelona in a thunderstorm tonight. The rain stopped just as most of us had changed to wets before the race and there was carnage at the start. Pedz stayed out on slicks, I fried my wets and went off later in the race and he ended up gettin 2nd place. Gr8 stuff.  thumbs_up.gif

PS. Figured out how to blow the engine up in the pitlane with a massive smokescreen. lol.

Had the game a couple of weeks and have been having some great fun offline with it (I have yet to try it online). I managed to get my new wheel working with the pedals and force feedback and it is a totally different game compared to when I tried the demo with a pad.

A question for those that have been online though, do all the servers run with all the aids turned off and on the simulation difficulty level or do different servers use different settings?

The servers Ive been in have been on Simulation with all the aids switched off...I think this is the norm for all the servers on there.

Ive personally been sticking to a Donington server and just doing praccy in there rather than going for a full race. Not seen any ukdirters in there yet, I must pick the worst track lol.

The game is a lot better than the demo I have to say, still having probs getting it running nice but its raceable atm.

Hope to see some of you's in there  thumbup.gif

Cheers

Grasser#233

from michael

A question for those that have been online though, do all the servers run with all the aids turned off and on the simulation difficulty level or do different servers use different settings?

lo some servers do run with aids off and on best way to check is to clik on a server in the lobby then rules this tellls u what aids are on or off thumbs_up.gif

gr8 to read more ukdirters gettin gtr btw  thumbup.gif

Edited by chris

Anyone know how to turn the mirrors on in hood/bonnet view?   shrug.gif

I have the mirrors check box ticked in both the normal and multiplayer option screens and the designated button for toggling mirrors in a race does nowt.

Scrapman says he has mirrors in this view but isn't sure how so it must be possible.

Anyone know how to turn the mirrors on in hood/bonnet view?   shrug.gif

I have the mirrors check box ticked in both the normal and multiplayer option screens and the designated button for toggling mirrors in a race does nowt.

Scrapman says he has mirrors in this view but isn't sure how so it must be possible.

11706[/snapback]

lo ham have u tried enabaling the virtual mirror in options then advanced

post-59-1112389367_thumb.jpg

post-59-1112389404_thumb.jpg

Edited by chris

Just started painting my own car.............and tbh this is proving a real challenge because the templates aint really that easy to use or understand.

You can download the templates from the following link........Best of luck

http://www.gtr-game.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=696

P.s

If you look at the bottom of the page you will see you can also paint your own skid lid and driver.........not tryed this yet tho

Edited by Joker175

I've had GTR for a couple of days now and I must say a huge well done to AndyG and the rest of the SimBin team. Its a truelly awesome game, very realistic. My favourite bit so far was whilst racing online flat out along the straight at Spa when someone blew up right in front of me, It was so realistic I couldn't see a thing for smoke!  rofl.gif  thumbup.gif

From what I've read so far its not very mod friendly, I've yet to try myself but was wondering your stance on it AndyG? I realise your hands are probably tied to some extent on what is considered by some as a touchy subject.

It's brilliant at what it was designed for but would it be any good for UK-Dirt formulae?

I seem to remember you having one of your own tracks and an F1 working in a mod of it a while back?

Thanks SimBin  appl.gif

Thanks Nick (and everyone), nice to read something positive about GTR for a change smile.gif

GTR is moddable (lots of addon tracks, and a few cars, already), but for licensing reasons we are not allowed to support or even encourage modding. I would therefore say that rFactor (www.rfactor.net) might be a better bet long term for short oval mods.

Cheers,

Andy

we not ready to bet the rest of the world lol as there some real fast drivers out there

zooooooooooom passed me anyway lol steeringwheel.gif

plus im lookin for new wheel i have broken my one banghead2.gif  banghead2.gif

Edited by Pedz 212

server test  i have put a gtr server up at the mo just testing too see if i can host games, game name in lobby is UKDIRT  rolleyes.gif set up for 12 peeps if it works ok then i,d try the server again and have ukdirt only drivers on it when more of us get gtr i cud give a pw out in ukdirt chat and a time too meet in server  thumbup.gif

gr too grasser btw thumbs_up.gif

SERVER CLOSED

8 peeps raced in praccy server was fine ohmy.gif 6 peeps in race then 4 dropped to leave me and another for 10 mins racin  shrug.gif

might try server again later

Edited by chris

GTR is moddable (lots of addon tracks, and a few cars, already), but for licensing reasons we are not allowed to support or even encourage modding. I would therefore say that rFactor (www.rfactor.net) might be a better bet long term for short oval mods.

Cheers,

Andy

11806[/snapback]

Thanks Andy  thumbs_up.gif

we not ready to bet the rest of the world lol as there some real fast drivers out there

zooooooooooom passed me anyway lol steeringwheel.gif

plus im lookin for new wheel i have broken my one banghead2.gif  banghead2.gif

11822[/snapback]

Too right Pedz there are some very quick drivers out there. I've got to get my soldering iron out now 'cos I bust my wheel too!  ohmy.gif

I'll keep my eye out for your server Capri, it would be great to race against some UK-Dirt-ers  thumbup.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..