TEST MEETING RESULTS

Spike

HT1 268 331 321 27 288 264 28 146 300 329

HT2 331 264 28 321 8 27 268 123 39 177

FINAL 321 146 123 27 331 300 28 177 20 268

GN 27 146 413 321 177 331 264 288 123 264

THX LEEK FOR ALL YOUR HELP

THX ALL FOR RACING GREAT FUN BUT IM GOT A LOT OFF PRACTISE TO DO :thumbup:

Yes very good fun , these make the jolt fee worth it alone imo , more of the same if you have the time please spike and all involved. :042:

it's good to see 146 up there in the points , i never done any good in the heat F1 maybe these will change that :5:

shame about the 2nd heat i got DQ for no reason :rofl: i was asked to follow somebody who was not even in front of me.

Was good fun last night, although some of that was spoiled by people being idiots hitting you at full bore going into a corner. Theres nothing you can do to avoid it or stop yourself spinning.

Won't name names but the people know who they are.

Apart from the above gripe it was a good laugh and really enjoyed it.

I agree Allan but then I said that on the Server

No freeweb I cannot think of a reason we need to use flags, although setting the blue flag to show but not penalise may be a good idea. People have no excuse for not knowing they are being lapped then.

I agree Allan but then I said that on the Server

No freeweb I cannot think of a reason we need to use flags, although setting the blue flag to show but not penalise may be a good idea. People have no excuse for not knowing they are being lapped then.

Totally agree drumbstick , blue should be on only , but this was a test meeting after all , things were bound to not be 100% correct , but 99% sure is good, :appl:

i think i was just the unlucky one in the 2nd heat as nobody else seemed to have been DQ'ed.

on a side note i watched the replays this morning , talk about funny to watch.. :rofl:

Edited by Paulp23

I really enjoyed it to be fair it was alot better than i expected the contact was ok when u learn to hold it but on the whole the racing was top, and when the mod is released as full game i would say the racing will get better to. whens next test meet got the bug now. Just need to sort out on tar

Edited by Ironmac_288

I've only so far played offline and everything seems superb except for when I hit an AI car they either dont move and I go flying or they act very strangley and 'warp' about, (this is offline still, its not warp but thats what it looks like).

Is it the same online?, I'm only asking this as it may be something that needs adressing as its started to annoy me offline and the geniusess making it are looking for feedback etc.

Thanks

Kruiz

I've only so far played offline and everything seems superb except for when I hit an AI car they either dont move and I go flying or they act very strangley and 'warp' about, (this is offline still, its not warp but thats what it looks like).

Is it the same online?, I'm only asking this as it may be something that needs adressing as its started to annoy me offline and the geniusess making it are looking for feedback etc.

Thanks

Kruiz

whats your pc spec ? its more chance of your pc not being up to the scratch needed that your seeing lag

I think its the graphics card hutch, I've been told I need a better one to run rFactor, but all seems fine apart from the contact, I just can't afford one yet.

I thought the graphics card might be the case, just thought it was worth asking before concluding I definately need a new one.

Thanks for the help lads, best start saving up the pennys lol. :thumbs_up:

Kruiz

Have to agree with Kruiz here. I have only played offline so far and the contact is the only thing less than brilliant. On Ipswich tarmac you can do a full speed dive into an ai car and it doesn't move an inch - give it a small push on the inside rear corner at just the right point on a bend and you can move it slightly wide, but is really tricky.(Maybe too lifelike !!!). I think what Kruiz is referring to when he mentions the car "warping" is sometimes you half spin a car and it starts jumping about madly - almost walking across the track , tipping onto its inside wheels then outside wheels etc.

Hopefully this will be looked into some point in the future but otherwise what we have already is an excellent start.

Cheers Darren

PS Kruiz Don't think a graphics card update would cure your problems as it seems to be a physics problem to me

Yep, Dazza has explained what I'm experiencing with rFactor better than me, that is indeed what happens on my game and is the only problem I've come across in the game, I hope it can be solved as it spoils offline play.

theres a bit of a diffrence with hitting ai cars to ones being driven, they seem fine to me unless you get taped on the inside whilst sliding around the bends, which could be saved if the steering lock was higher

ive never once seen any mad warp like cars since ive played it, if i don't see this how someone else does beats me

post up your pc specs.............

As I say this is just offline play, I've not had time to have a go online yet.

My PC specs are.. although I'm sure its not very minimal for playing rfactor :unsure:

Dell DIMENSION DIM4700

Intel®

Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz

2.79 GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

Graphics card: RADEON X300 Series

I've already been told that the graphics card isn't good enough, but there doesn't seem to be any problem other than car madly flying about when spun through 180 degrees and cars not moving when hit which doesn't look like a graphics problem although I wouldn't really know anyway, and occasional lag but I get that even with Nascar Heat.

Any help much appreciated as always. :thumbs_up:

Kruiz

I see the dancing AI cars as well.never a problem online.

Most of my system is getting a bit old now. AMD Athlon 64 4000. 2560 MB ddr ram. Radeon X1950pro graphics.

Just an FYI, the AI in Rfactor as a whole isnt the greatest. We feel we have done a decent job with the beta, and when you give the ai a setup, they will scoot around a tar track fairly decent. Shale is ok, the ai dont like the idea of a dirt slide. http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Belle%20Vue Granted, in this photo, that is the ai driving, and he is a little slideways. 2k3 AI is the same way, 180mph hit in a corner, and they will keep driving. Not much we can do about it. Ive never played Heat so no idea how they are.

Dell DIMENSION DIM4700

Intel®

Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz

2.79 GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

Kruiz

CPU is fine, 1gb of ram is good, graphics card is from the stone age. Get a new one and it will feel like a different game. ATI 1600, 1650, 1900, 1950 will do wonders for you. Not that exp (at least not in the states) and will give you good performance. When I first started running RF, I have a P4 3.0, 1gb ram, and a ATI 9800 Pro 256mb, and worked fine. Couldnt jack the graphics up, but it worked. Now, well my comp is a different story, C2D 6800 Extreme, 4gb ddr2, ATI 1950 Crossfire.

Edited by freew67

Dell DIMENSION DIM4700

Intel®

Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz

2.79 GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

Kruiz

CPU is fine, 1gb of ram is good, graphics card is from the stone age. Get a new one and it will feel like a different game. ATI 1600, 1650, 1900, 1950 will do wonders for you. Not that exp (at least not in the states) and will give you good performance. When I first started running RF, I have a P4 3.0, 1gb ram, and a ATI 9800 Pro 256mb, and worked fine. Couldnt jack the graphics up, but it worked. Now, well my comp is a different story, C2D 6800 Extreme, 4gb ddr2, ATI 1950 Crossfire.

Thanks m8, I thought it might be the graphics card :thumbs_up: I'll start saving up. :thumbup:

Cheers

Kruiz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..