downlaoded today and need help

Radz335

as i have said i payed for Rfactor today and downloaded the Rfactor mod with F1s, everytime i open Rfactor i have a error message saying 'error loading texture CHROME_CUBE for material ENG3_ET' and the same saying 'error loading global matreial ENG3_ET' can anyone shed any light on this and help me out.

Thanks Radz335

Edited by Radz335

actually the F1 Stockcars mod is one of the few that actually have a very simple installer. Most of the other mods are more time consuming as you have to transfer each set of files to each folder location yourself.

Are you sure it isnt one of the other mods you have mis-installed as the Stockcar one should be a case of just clicking install :shrug:

After a appox 3 hours talking to Drumbstick over msn i redownloaded it and installed the RF mod. Thanks Drumbstick - great help

sorry about image thats ok it works, back to Chrome Cube again

ok lads

after i redownload it for about 80 times Rfactors F1's works now really good :thumbup:

Where can i download all the RF F1 tracks??

I only have: Belle vue,birmingham wheels and sexbierem

Not sure why everyone is having trouble at all. Otherwise I'd suggest how to correct it.

Foxhall (Ipswich) is on rfactorcentral, the other two or three are on this forum within the 1st two pages, I'll let you look for them. Gradually more will get finished & released

You may have to put the track folders into rfactor>gamedata>locations

i have now mate and still the same - i have DX9 though that is what is puzzing me

in your start>all programs list you'll find a section for rfactor and one of the options in there is to rfactor config - check your graphics settings as u need them, theres some of the settings in there that (i think) u cant change in-game, including which dx it runs to etc.

i have now mate and still the same - i have DX9 though that is what is puzzing me

Did it download much more quickly than it you would expect it to take? If so it could be that its still saved as a temporary file, in which case run CCcleaner, then download again and you will get a fresh version. :thumbs_up:

big thanks to MoR137 - help out a lot tonight, came up with idont have a graphic card. so im on the look out for one that will make RF run without problems - what is the one that you RF lads say have and how much will it be?

Thanks again. Radz

8800GTX 400 quid :rofl::thumbs_up:

on a serious note, it depends how much cash you are willing to spend.... the lowest card i would recomend is a 7600GT or 8600gt any lower and it will still look like HEAT

is your motherboard agp or pci ?

Edited by HUTCH

in your start>all programs list you'll find a section for rfactor and one of the options in there is to rfactor config - check your graphics settings as u need them, theres some of the settings in there that (i think) u cant change in-game, including which dx it runs to etc.

Looking in that rfactor config option, you can play it in a window instead of full screen - is this a bad idea in terms of using pc resources though?

Looking in that rfactor config option, you can play it in a window instead of full screen - is this a bad idea in terms of using pc resources though?

:5:

Does everyone play on full screen?

on a serious note, it depends how much cash you are willing to spend.... the lowest card i would recomend is a 7600GT or 8600gt any lower and it will still look like HEAT

:rofl: hutch...

a geforce 8800gts or gt 320mb or the next one up should play it at full blast

or for half the price you could get a 512m radeon x1950 pro which should play at above medium settings/high

I don't know anyone that plays it in a window. It has to slow is down as it is not only redrawing the game every frame but part of the desktop as well

I don't know anyone that plays it in a window. It has to slow is down as it is not only redrawing the game every frame but part of the desktop as well

sorry al missed your post :banghead2: it might be worth a try drumb, i've seen lots of pc games (usually cheap puzzlers that the missus plays) that play much better in a window than full screen coz while it's got desktop visible at 1024x768 it's only redrawing the game at 800x600 (usually) so it might help al, but if it does it sounds like yr systems struggling with it. I'd trying setting it to dx8 first al and leaving it on full screen (if the dx in rfconfig is set to dx9 or auto)....is yours struggling to play or not playing at all btw? u didnt mention.

Edited by wrighty496

:rofl: hutch...

a geforce 8800gts or gt 320mb or the next one up should play it at full blast

or for half the price you could get a 512m radeon x1950 pro which should play at above medium settings/high

the new 8800gt card is the one to have, its pci-e 2 if your mobo supports it plus its only 160 quid, thats cheaper than the gts models it out performs and performs as good as the 8800gtx which is 400 fooking quid

Why the hell you using auto shift in F1's anyway. They only race in one gear so there's no need to change gear anyway. The other gear is just a low speed gear (for use in pits for example) Surely the auto shift just drops down to 1st at the wrong moment on the bends and then you'd end up spinning round.

Take off the auto shift, it's disabled on the server, so you have to race to the server settings online (ie no traction control and daft stuff like that)

[sorry al missed your post :banghead2: it might be worth a try drumb, i've seen lots of pc games (usually cheap puzzlers that the missus plays) that play much better in a window than full screen coz while it's got desktop visible at 1024x768 it's only redrawing the game at 800x600 (usually) so it might help al, but if it does it sounds like yr systems struggling with it. I'd trying setting it to dx8 first al and leaving it on full screen (if the dx in rfconfig is set to dx9 or auto)....is yours struggling to play or not playing at all btw? u didnt mention.

Cheers for the reply, Wrighty.

I have only just got rFactor running after previous problems that seem were probably down to a dodgy skin pack download.

I just saw the post about rFactor Config and when I looked saw it could run in a window so I tried that and it worked ok, along with other changes I made, so wondered what was best.

Plus I noticed it was set to DX7 Performance, even though my pc is on DX9 generally, but presumably DX7 Performance is ideal as I am mainly concerned with being able to race at all, although not sure how it even got set to DX7 not DX9?

[sorry al missed your post :banghead2: it might be worth a try drumb, i've seen lots of pc games (usually cheap puzzlers that the missus plays) that play much better in a window than full screen coz while it's got desktop visible at 1024x768 it's only redrawing the game at 800x600 (usually) so it might help al, but if it does it sounds like yr systems struggling with it. I'd trying setting it to dx8 first al and leaving it on full screen (if the dx in rfconfig is set to dx9 or auto)....is yours struggling to play or not playing at all btw? u didnt mention.

Cheers for the reply, Wrighty.

I have only just got rFactor running after previous problems that seem were probably down to a dodgy skin pack download.

I just saw the post about rFactor Config and when I looked saw it could run in a window so I tried that and it worked ok, along with other changes I made, so wondered what was best.

Plus I noticed it was set to DX7 Performance, even though my pc is on DX9 generally, but presumably DX7 Performance is ideal as I am mainly concerned with being able to race at all, although not sure how it even got set to DX7 not DX9?

I didnt notice much performance or graphical difference between DX7 and DX9. One thing you will find mentioned on here though before, the DX7 doesnt show the shading as good at night time races. Mostly noticeable on the wheels, apart from that see whats best for you. Set the race time (in your difficulty settings I think) and then you might see the shading difference I'm on about, nothing major at all though. Best thing to do for performance is set a lower resolution (full screen though) in the config, then keep increasing it bit by bit. As a guide I run 1280 x 768 32 bit and have all my in-game settings medium to high. When I've had connection probs I reduced my settings down but it made no difference to connection. My graph card is a Ati/Sapphire X1650pro 512mb which is nothing special and prob costs about £50-£60 now.

i always race automatic shift and use gear 1&2 i do the same with the nascar mod,always automatic and 2 gears.

Rfactor is new to me and today was my first time online with it so how do i kwow :shrug:

but thx fot the info anyway :thumbup:

Just set the gears set to manual, but set autoclutch on, would be the easiest way. For extra realism, I was racing with manual clutch but the car can stall when you're spun out, which can be a pain in a race lol

Like I say, only one 'race' gear so no point in having auto gears. Get booked in and racing on a Sunday or Tuesday :thumbs_up: Just be steady on the controls, and try not to spin too often ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..