2008 F2 season paint jobs

walker

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see admin having their work cut out about the whole black on white numbers issue. :coffee:

Yeah but I can see admin point though mate

Stops a certain someone asking for skins and not using them,guess who am talking about ;)

I can see admin having their work cut out about the whole black on white numbers issue. :coffee:

Think they'd be better just scrapping it to be honest, looks like it's going to be a bit of a hassle.

Unlike other mods, we have very few rules regarding drivers' skins, however this rule has been suggested by a few people and as such the F2 Admin Team decided to implement this for the 2008 season.

It's not a difficult thing to do when someone is painting the skin so i don't really see where the "hassle" will come from.

As Kruiz has suggested it is a real life rule so we've adopted it as well.

like the site thats on the left hand side in the 2nd last pic :thumbup:

Edited by walker

IPB Image

IPB Image

What's new you say? Well the numbering on the aerofoil is coloured black with a white background/stroke. Also yes that black triangle over the Michelin logo on the top image is also new but that is just a render defect I can't seem to get rid of. :rolleyes:

Hi

This maybe my skin.

Any comments welcome.

[attachmentid=21786] [attachmentid=21787]

[attachmentid=21788][attachmentid=21789]

:2:

Mr Beef

Could some kind person please do a render of mine so I can see what it looks like.

Pm me for any files you need

:2:

Mr Beef

Edited by Mr Beef

I think the new rule is fine, as it's copying real life which is good. However in some cases the car does look better with numbers that are not black on white, but this doesn't matter as you're not allowed it so why bother annoying the admin asking them if you can have it when it states that you can't :blink: In my opinion there shouldnt be anything wrong with what Nath has done on his and RyanD's cars as the numbers are black on white with some extra airbrushing.

Mine for '08, will get some renders of it off Aub later but for now you'll have to make do with some screenshots. Also looks like the standard for skins is quite high this year, looking at 881, 197 etc...see if mine does the job lol, comments welcome.

post-908-1199222524_thumb.jpg

I think the new rule is fine, as it's copying real life which is good.

Im not slagging you off mate, But yes i think the rule is ok, But when it comes to airbrushing inside etc this is just taking the biscuit, Its a game, Not Real life...Memory serves me alot of drivers do have airbrushing into there numbers.

So hence i propose an updated rule, Black and white or white and black, What good is it going to be for white graders, And minimal of 40% Of the number should be allowed signrighted, Though this should either be black or white dependant on the numbers colour

Just my thoughts, Feel free to hang and quater me like the admin seem to love to do :blink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..