rFactor F1 Stockcar Mod is Ready!

Hooty256

Thank you to everyone that has put this mod together. I am excited to look at it, but it will have to wait until tomorrow to be downloaded.

Interested to see what the new changes are to the weight of the cars, and how it effects it.

Cheers

Johno

Well done to all involved for making the mod as it looks brilliant. It's without a doubt that rFactor's mod and model abilities is another step upwards compared to the DTR days.

It's great to see a lot of detail in the models. Things which make it stand out so much like:

- the protection hoop on the LF shocker on the Mick Harris car and Ian Noden cars

- the extra trailing arms for the brake caliper on the FWJ shale and tarmac car

- the difference in wing style for the Mark Woodhull car (not a Taylormade)

- the difference you can create be deleting or adding side panels

- the different positions of the wings

The above all adds up to an almost "real" look of the cars.

Also well done to the skin painters (not blowing my own trumpet here as I have done zilch compared to others) and in particular Demonstone. He has created some very realistically looking signs and at times I get the idea that he has nicked them straight away from Brian Evans, lol. I know that it takes a lot of time to create them.

Superb intro video, it looks like your watching a professional edited TV/Movie trailer.

As for the realism for driving them. Now I got me a gamepad it seems that they are much easier to control (though still a pain to learn them, lol) which only underlines my opinion that it's not a keyboard friendly game. Have to say that it does feel good once you get the hang of it when throwing a car through a bend sideways.

Great to see that all the work is done for us free to download and I hope that the replies in this thread give the developers some kind of satisfaction.

Dragon

Superb stuff guys, I remember when Hooty especially started out with this as it was posted in the Editing part of the forum and to see it now is brilliant :thumbs_up:

Well done to all the guys who have helped on it/developed it :thumbup:

The skins and chassis are stunning too and its the only game I play now on the PC.

Well done again :groupwave:

Dazza

How much does it cost do you know? :2:

Although we can all appreciate your eagerness for the various mods we race Cubsta, there's a Search option at the top of this forum.

Give it a go, see what you can find out yourself by typing in what your looking for and then, if you still can't find out what you need to know then post the question.

In this instance your question can be answered by going through the rFactor threads, and from memory there's one which is pinned (so it's high up on the list).

It's called something along the lines of rFactor websites of interest.

Here is that thread in fact : http://forum.kev149.com/index.php?showtopic=24844

Edited by kendo912

Thanks mate sorry if i was starting to annoy you :scared15:

Not at all - the search button was something i didn't realise was there untill someone pointed it out to me.

By all means, ask your questions but most things will have been covered in the relevant mod threads, so give it a search - i think most people will appreciate you having a look first.

Its the non-see through part at the bottom of the screen that bothers me, not the actual mesh, thanks anyway.

I have tried to put the seat higher but it feels to different tbh. The only chassis I can see the wheels are the Smith ones & the Elites. Shame the mesh guard can't also be turned to invisible for cockpit view. Ah well, it doesn't really bother me much, I'll just use the chassis that I can see the wheels.

:thumbup:

This is the only thing that bugs me too about the mod, shame it could'nt of been an Upgrade as moving the seat higher is'nt the answer unfortunatley :(

Everything else is just top quality though guys, cant stress that enough :thumbup:

will be practising offline this year i think. cant put up more then a handfull laps without spinning. Just a question. is it possible to close pitgate at Birmingham?

It is not possible to close the pitgate at Birmingham.

yet

:thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..