rFactor F1 Stockcar Mod is Ready!

Hooty256

rFactor F1 mod is released.....if anyone is interested :thumbup:

You MUST delete any of the beta v0.1 and 0.2 files first and also any skinpacks you have installed over the last few months. In particular, your F1Stockcar vehicle folder which is located at ...rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\F1Stockcar and any related files in the ...rFactor\rFM\ folder.

You will also find in your rFactor\UserData\"Your Player Name"\ folder, a file called F1Stockcars.cch. It is highly recommended that you delete this also.

Main F1 Stockcar page on RFactor Central

Direct Link to Version 1

Direct link to Templates

Alternative Low-Res Skinpack

Once again, many thanks to all involved.

Edited by Hooty256

README

===============================================================================

F1 Stockcars V1.0 by UKSOM

Thank you for downloading F1 Stockcars V1.0 for rFactor.

This is the full V1.0 version of the mod and contains 10 different chassis with plenty of real skins to choose from. Physics are bespoke for each surface (Tarmac/Asphalt and Shale/Dirt).

================================================================================

Installation :

This is best installed on a clean version of rFactor.

You MUST delete any of the beta v0.1 and 0.2 files first and also any skinpacks you have installed over the last few months. In particular, your F1Stockcar vehicle folder which is located at Factor\GameData\Vehicles\F1Stockcar.

You will also find in your rFactor\UserData\"Your Player Name"\ folder a file called F1Stockcars.cch. It is highly recommended that you delete this also.

Double click the installer and point it at your rFactor directory (It is defaulted to C:/Program Files/rFactor , if you have rFactor installed to an alternative location please redirect to the right location)

: Offline Setup, Racing The AI :

Before jumping right in, theres a few things you should do before racing in the options to make things better.

First off, the difficulty and AI strength... on the main game page, click Settings then Difficulty.

The aids on the top you can change in game during a race, F1 through to F12 alters those. The bit below it is the interesting bit, F1 Stockcars works best with an AI difficulty of around 107%. Is this is too fast or slow you can change that but 107% is a good starting point. Aggression and Damage should be set at 100% and left at that really, less than 100% is pointless.

Secondly, the rules which is the next one down from difficulty

Its best to have...Flag Rules Off to start with, Fuel Usage Normal, Tyre Usage Normal and Mech Failures Normal. AI Drivers and Start Position is a personal preference, 20 is a good starting point for how many AI to start with. Race Start is best set at Fast Rolling, you need to be on the ball at the start though so you dont get left behind.

And Finally the Race Weekend

For a single race, you need to pick Control on the main page, then Race Weekend. Click Race Details at the top and you can remove the needless qualifying and warm up scenarios. When you've finished Practice you can go straight to race then.

If you want to race against certain AI drivers, and they've not been selected by the game to race ( it randomly selects the drivers to race against ), you can add AI drivers during a practice session. Just click Add AI until the driver/s you want are there...you can boot any of them at anytime using the Boot AI button as well.

: Alternative Skin Selection :

Some drivers in the game have alternative skins, specifically 515, 391, 390 tar and H007. To select these, pick the the driver and car, and then click on the skin tab at the top. This will bring up a list of the skins you can pick. This will not change the default computer controlled cars...only the driver you will be controlling.

: Online League rFm :

To reduce loading times and to seperate the real stuff from any league based skinpacks, we have included a league rFm.

The league rFm is basically a seperate mod to F1 Stockcars and is selected in the same way as any other mod. This contains novice skins and example .veh files for any skinpack to be based on. The veh files supplied as an example also open up all the upgrades for each car rather than the restricted upgrades for the AI drivers in the F1 Stockcar rFm.

With the upgrades opened up, this means the superstar light option is also open to each car, please make sure that anyone using superstar grade has the right wing picked with the right light option...otherwise they will be floating in the air. The upgrade for lights does not show on the spinner so this needs to be sorted prior to any racing.

This rFm should come in handy for league planning to use this mod, any skin not using the template .veh files as a base simply wont load into the rFm so its much easier to keep control of people using the right mod.

: Controller Setting :

If you are a pad user, we have placed a analogue pad profile with some rates setup so its usable.

To select this, go to your controller settings in the game and click on the preset arrows until F1Stox_pad appears and click load. This pad profile is for a logitech wingman so you may have to redefine your buttons to get it to work if you are using a different type (ps2 etc). If you do redefine or alter any of the rates, dont forget to save it to a new profile.

This controller setting works better on shale, if you are struggling on tarmac try reducing the speed sensitive steering rate lower until you're comfy with how it feels. You will also need to play with the steering lock setting in the garage...15-20 on tar and 25-30 on shale is a good starting point.

Wheel users are well catered for as there are plenty of profiles for a wide variety of wheels built into the game. The mod is ReelFeel compatible and works straight from the off with the plugin. This plugin is well worth a try and is available from www.rfactorcentral.com.

: Basic Tips :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Cameras ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heres a key set for all the cameras

Insert key....Interior views, (Cockpit, Bonnet, Nose) press it a couple of times to cycle through them

Home key....Onboard TV views, again press it a couple of times to cycle through. worth watching a replay or 2 from these views as you'll find out

Page up.... Swingman, theres a reason why its slightly further out on default which I won't go into here but if you use the numberpad you can zoom in/out/left/right as much as you want if you feel its too far out for your liking.

Page down.... TV cam, this is the track TV cameras

End Key.... Free look cam, this enables you to move around the Track TV cams with your mouse. you can cycle through all the Track cams with this.

- These next two are very useful if you are using a cockpit view -

Cockpit View Adjustment.... You can move the seat position in game, you first need to define keys to do this in your controller settings...scroll down to the adjust seat mappings to change those

Cockpit Mirror Adjustment.... Using the same keys you have defined for seat adjustment, if you hold shift down while pressing the adjust keys, you can adjust the interior mirrors as well

- Monitor/Replay -

Whilst in the monitor, click into the viewport to make it full screen

Once its full screen, the enter key removes the border around the edge..delete key removes the mouse cursor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ * PLR File Tips * ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The .plr file is in your rFactor\"Your Player Name"\ folder. So, for eg, if your player name was Novice999.....the file would be called Novice999.plr. This file opens in notepad and is your personal settings for the game, the majority of them are controlled on the main menu of the game so you need not worry about them but theres a few that aren't that can come in handy.

Warning......This is a bit more advanced than a simple menu so please back up your .plr file before making any changes...you alter your plr file at your own risk.

These are all optional and are broken down in sections :

[ Graphic Options ]

Allow Rearview In Swingman="0"

Virtual Rearview In Cockpit="0"

These settings turn the virtual mirrors on and off in the swingman and cockpit view respectively, 0 is for off....change to 1 to turn them on. The Number 4 key in game toggles between the mirrors if they enabled.

[ Game Options ]

Show Extra Lap="0" // 0 = show laps completed, 1 = show lap you are on

This changes how the laps are displayed, fairly obvious....change to 0 to show how many laps you've done or 1 to show the lap you are currently on.

- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Auto Line Smooth="3" // 1 = fastest line, 2 = inside/outside, 3 = fastest and inside/outside

This affects how the AI cars run on track, it is defaulted to 1 but changing it to 3 means they wont all run on the same driving line...well worth a try.

- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

One Lap To Go Warning="3" // Race only: 0=none, 1=message, 2=white flag, 3=both, Race+Qual: add 4. Feature not implemented for timed races or lapped vehicles.

This changes how it displays the lap to go warning, best to have this set to 3 which gives a white flag warning at the top and a message as well.

Damper Units="0" // Display dampers (shocks) in garage as: 0 = setting (e.g. 1-20), 1 = rate (e.g. 1000-9000 N/m/s)

This changes how the shocker/damper settings are displayed in the garage. 0 displays as clicks, 1 displays as shocker rates in pressure.

: Credits :

Full credits for this mod are selected by clicking the "More Credits" tab during the ISI credit screen during exit.

Thanks to everyone involved in the creation and making of this mod.

================================================================================

: Legal Stuff :

Disclaimer

Installing this mod is entirely at your own risk, the mod team will not be held responsible in case of any problem.

This mod cannot be used for commercial distribution, It also cannot be used as part of any disc or cd for financial gain.

Copyright and use of all UKSOM original content contained within F1 Stockcars remains with UKSOM and cannot be used without consent and permission of UKSOM.

Edited by freew67

Before I install the full mod could somone tell me how it will affect the online league at grc on Tuesday.

As you say you have to remove beta version and skinpacks before install so your personal skin will not be there.

:2:

Mr Beef

Agreed , i put a few hits in tonight , and imo the cars feel very weighty now , you really will have to go flat out to fence somebody as far as i cand tell from tonight , will do some more testing tommorow if anybody is about. :5::thumbup:

Thanks again to all involved in making this :appl:

Well done and thanks UKSOM, it looks great :appl::thumbup:

A few observations from tonight:

The cars do feel more weighty now, will have to wait a see if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

I struggled more than usual on shale I thought tonight, it didn't feel the same for some reason is that to do with the weight change or did I have thr wrong set-up loaded lol.

The new chassis look superb, except I can't use half of them, as I prefer to use in-cab view but its impossible for me to control the car if I can't see the front wheels, and becuase there are mesh guards on most of the new chassis' unlike the Elite's, this has become a problem. Its not a big issue, and if need be, I'll just stick to the Elites.

Again, well done and thanks to everyone involved :2:

Kruiz

Could someone point out which folders/files need to be deleted from the previous Beta versions? Or are the folders pointed out in the 1st post the only folders that need deleting? Can I just whipe out all what's in those folders or are selections needed?

I havent got a clue where all these files are stacked and so I might delete things that have nothing to do with it.

Lets say a stupid mans guide to deleting the other Beta versions, lol

Thanks in advance

Dragon

Edited by Dragon 428

Can I just wipe out all what's in those folders or are selections needed?

Dragon

Yes, just delete the F1Stockcar folder which resides in C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles.

and also the F1Stockcars.cch file which resides in C:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\"Your Player Name"

Would it be possible to just uninstall R Factor.Then install it again and add the F1 mod.Or is that a no go? Please help someone who really does need an idiots guide for this sort of thing lol.

why not just go into your rfactor folder and delete the f1stockcars folder out of the vechiles folder, install and job done it'll save you a bit of hassle like

becuase there are mesh guards on most of the new chassis

Kruiz

goto the upgrades tab on car select screen and remove the mesh :thumbs_up:

Its the non-see through part at the bottom of the screen that bothers me, not the actual mesh, thanks anyway.

I have tried to put the seat higher but it feels to different tbh. The only chassis I can see the wheels are the Smith ones & the Elites. Shame the mesh guard can't also be turned to invisible for cockpit view. Ah well, it doesn't really bother me much, I'll just use the chassis that I can see the wheels.

:thumbup:

becuase there are mesh guards on most of the new chassis

Kruiz

goto the upgrades tab on car select screen and remove the mesh :thumbs_up:

Its the non-see through part at the bottom of the screen that bothers me, not the actual mesh, thanks anyway.

I have tried to put the seat higher but it feels to different tbh. The only chassis I can see the wheels are the Smith ones & the Elites. Shame the mesh guard can't also be turned to invisible for cockpit view. Ah well, it doesn't really bother me much, I'll just use the chassis that I can see the wheels.

:thumbup:

you can also move the seat backwards and forwards kruiz, if you haven't tried already

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..