Results & Points - NIR 06/8/08

Jimmy

Firstly, Thanks to everyone who raced tonight, I thought the racing was excellent and look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Onto tonight, and Well Done to all the winners, I managed to win the final and thus made me top points scorer on the night. Also thanks to Jarry for running the hot rod meeting, I thought the two mods ran well together.

Well Done to the drivers that qualified for the european aswell.

On a personal note I enjoyed my first time as RM and I hope everything went smooth(ish) lol

Results:

Heat 1: 259 74 3 290 331 41 496 236 531 291 221 525 300 164

Heat 2: 291 288 41 331 300 112 391 525 236 8 286 221 11 515 52 164

Heat 3: 288 74 259 112 8 290 3 286 123 531 391 11 39 515 52 41

Heat 4: 8 291 3 288 123 290 259 531 391 525 74 11 221 236 52

Heat 5: 39 3 41 331 112 8 300 233 11 391 286 525 288 515

Heat 6: 291 259 331 41 290 74 233 123 236 112 286 300 496 39 515

A-Final: 259 291 41 288 300 39 525 3 8 112 331 233 123 496 286 391 11 515 74 236

61 pts 259 jimmymuk

56 pts 291 Marten

50 pts 41 Drumbstick (Qualified for the European)

46 pts 288 Ironmac

41 pts 3 Johno (Qualified for the European)

33 pts 8 Tosh (Qualified for the European)

32 pts 331 HUTCH

27 pts 112 Tom D

27 pts 290 Dazza

26 pts 74 razza (Qualified for the European)

26 pts 300 Mattyaspin (Qualified for the European)

24 pts 39 LeeK

16 pts 525 Maverick (Qualified for the European)

14 pts 123 dubstar

10 pts 391 Corny

10 pts 236 DanSkin

9 pts 233 Grasser

9 pts 531 magicman

5 pts 496 wrighty

4 pts 286 Mr Beef

3 pts 11 chevy

0 pts 221 Spike

0 pts 515 Big Al

0 pts 52 Kevin152

0 pts 164 Jarry

* qualified subject to official confirmation from Kev.

* Heat were scored using grand national points, with the final points being normal, to give a maximum of 73 points for the night, due to the normal format giving a maximum 65 points. Makes sure that the natinal points chart is fair, as if we scored it normally, there would only be 49 points to play for tonight.

Edited by Jimmy

First of all, and I know I bang on about it, but I really want to say thank you to everyone who helped make tonight a success. Jimmy and Jarry did a great job race managing. Dan was superb sorting out the servers for both formulas, as was Kev stewarding the races. Finally, a big huge thank you to both teams for all theri effort in making this event a huge success. They really do deserve such a huge round of appaulse, so well done guys :appl:

Onto the racing, and I thought it was really good tonight. Battles throughout the field. Well done to Jimmy for taking the final. Must stand a good chance of winning the main event tomorrow.

Personally, it was a superb night for me. I was on a decent pace for once, and thanks to Hutch, I had a better wheel set up. Thank you very much for your help with that Hutch. I also changed my race view. I move out of the cab and onto the bonnet, and I found that I could hold a better line for being able to see the front of the car.

Hot Rod wise, I only tried it at 6pm this evening, and I must say I am very impressed. I really loved the mod, and feel it has cracking potential next year. The racing was good, and although I wasnt quick enough, I did enjoy it, and tried to get out of the way to people if I could.

So, the next thing I am going to ask is for your thoughts on the event tonight. Do you feel that the two formula option worked well? Is it something you would be happy to see tried again?

What are my thoughts..........

Well i think it was a success myself. I still think there is room for imporvement, in that I think a half past ten finish is what we were aiming at, and I think it went a good forty minutes over. I think that again was my fault with trying a different format. I think we perhaps should of stuck to the normal format.

In regards to changing mods, I had absolutely no problem with it. The practice time before the race starts is a great help, but I tended to find, more in F1, that I could do my times straight out of the block anyway. So I personally don tthink that this was an issue. It was more a case of finding a format that suits a two hour time limit a bit better.

Anyway, both myself and Jarry are keen to hear your thoughts and views on the event.

Cheers

Johno

So, the next thing I am going to ask is for your thoughts on the event tonight. Do you feel that the two formula option worked well? Is it something you would be happy to see tried again?

These two meeting formats sound good fun and im sure they are, but for the people like me who can only race on a thursday or a wednesday and not both then it does make it very dull. Tonight for instance is the European, but i cannot qualify for it because i am unable to race on a wednesday night, it doesent seem very fair.

As a suggestion, mayby make the qualifying for the 'title' race on the same night as the title so those who can only commit to one night can still be included.

Im saying this on the assumption there is no way for those who didnt race last night to qualify for tonight, as i havent seen it written anywhere that it will be possible.

I for one was also hoping there would be a last chance race. along with the top 6 seeing as it makes it fairer for those who didnt race and 20 cars isnt exactly much? and we have raced with 24/25 in one go.

Was a very good meeting. shame about some of the people deciding to hit when you were laps down, but then again thats racing and not everything can go in favour of you.

Hopefully you consider the last chance as you have enough people who arent in it booked in to run one? maybe even if there is only 14 you could cut down the places to say top 3 or 2 and maybe even just the winner if you struggle for numbers.

Anyway i will make my mind up later whether i race or not.

Thanks for the meeting again.

A great nights racing. Had some great battles throughout the night.

Wd to Jimmy for winning the final, and running a smooth meeting. :appl:

I enjoyed the combined meeting with the rods.

But what if u only race one of both? isn't all the waiting in chat a bit annoying then?

Hello Lee and AllStar,

Very interesting and fair point, and if we were racing back in 2005, you would have actually had a last chance race to qualify tonight.

The problem is though that we try, where ever possible, to follow the real life formula 1's, as I am sure you agree that is the aim of us racing. Therefore back in 2006 it was deicded that with some Wednesdays becoming free as the Hot Rod season finishes, we would try the double header. With taking the top 6 from the meeting before the championship day, this mimics real life perfectly, and also adds something different to championships which if run in the same format, can become quite boring. Sure it means that some may have to miss Wednesday, but I suppose the same is possible (all be it slighty less likely due to it being a weekend) with the real life F1's. When you get last chance races in the UK Open Championship, the World Final series, the Dutch Open if we had enough cars, you can see that the last chance qualifier as you wish for, features prominantly in the season. Thats another reason why we choose this option.

I am sorry you feel as though you are missing out, but I hope that just explains why we choose the way that we choose. It mimics real life, and also adds variety and spice to the championship meetings which we run.

Cheers

Johno

I am sorry you feel as though you are missing out, but I hope that just explains why we choose the way that we choose. It mimics real life, and also adds variety and spice to the championship meetings which we run.

Dont take my post wrong, I am sure the racing is better over a two day event and i would love to be able to race it, it's just a shame that for some we have to miss the the cahmpionship through no choice of our own after paying to race the season.

But you are right, there are more championship meetings run over a single day so it's not a huge loss. It just seems a shame to run it this way when it can be done so that everyone has the fair oppourtinuty to race.

I also see what Lee is saying, running one consolation race with mayby the winner or the top 2/3 going through, i think that it might be something to consider as it removes all of the problems of people not being abl to race a wednesday. If you thought about it like this, keep the format the same with the set number taken from the national points chart, and the set nubmer from wednesdays qualifying with the winner of the last chance on a thursday (possibly excluding those who failed to qualify on wednesday if there are enough cars) to even it up. That way everyone who couldnt race on a wednesday has a chance to get into the race and i know for one i would feel alot better even if i didnt qualify as a result because it would have been my own fault for not winning the race rather than not taking part by not having the option too.

Anyway thats just my thoughts :) You do a great job so on the whole i cant complain

it was my 1st rfactor f1 meeting last night i hope i didnt upset to many people . but i had a cracking time its a superb game i love it . didnt hope for much just to be out there and when i got a 9th in one of my heats it was like a victory , i scored some points lol . looking forward to tonight we can do it all again .

I am sure you ideas will be taken in to consideration for next season guys, but it is unfair on those who have already qualified to change the format of a championship on the day it is due to be run.

As a side note, as Johno has already said this has been the euro format for 3 years now and you could have requested it be changed in the "ideas" for next season thread that appears at the end of each season.

Arron

I am sure you ideas will be taken in to consideration for next season guys, but it is unfair on those who have already qualified to change the format of a championship on the day it is due to be run.

As a side note, as Johno has already said this has been the euro format for 3 years now and you could have requested it be changed in the "ideas" for next season thread that appears at the end of each season.

Arron

Sorry Drumb i didnt state it in my posts, I was'nt trying to get the format changed for tonight but as soemthing to be considered for future meetings as Johno's first post asked for our thoughts on the meeting. This is also my season in UKDirt and as a result i have never posted in the "ideas" thread at the end of a season due to not racing at the time which meant it had nothing to do with me.

Can always save it for this year though hehe

Yeah i joined the forum when i first came acrros 'online racing', i Tried TNB first to see if i liked it and it just stuck as the nights that the UKDirt leagues I wanted to participate in were on nights that i couldnt get online and therefore i decided to stick with TNB. But this year i decided to join up and give it a go.

Hello Allstar,

I didnt take any offence - as I said a fair point.

It is something that we will discuss next year, but just to double check, remmeber you thought, and write it on the suggestion thread which will appear on here at the end of the season - after all - I can be such an empty head at time!! :rofl:

Cheers

Johno

Ok Johno cheers, il get the old banger notepad out and make a new page :)

Yes its great to stay as close as possible to real life johno but there is certain formats that I feel its not worth following.

A two formula format isnt ideal because as mentioned quite a few drivers cannot, or do not, wish to race one formula or another. F1's and F2's maybe a little more likely, but not Hot Rods and F1's and all it means is they are sat at their computer waiting around for 15 minutes at a time. At least in real life you can chat, fix your car or wander around the pits. If you were short of days left in the week then maybe. I can also imagine it must have been massively rushed through and probably ran over (due to just trying to fit too much into a meeting)

Secondly people have lives. On a Wednesday they might be out at Football practise, Snooker club or the like, so I feel a 2-day qualifier is unfair for drivers as they would have to comit to both days. In real life it makes sense as it means the less travel for the drivers etc. Online it makes no practical sense or has any advantage whatsoever other than trying to make it sound 'cool' for you guys running the "2 day event!"

You guys should listen to youir member a little more instead of ignoring them all the time.

I'm still trying to figure out how the 6 people above have qualified, i can't make sense of it

Its the top 6 point scorees among drivers who hadnt already been seeded into the grid via their National Pointa places Hutch.

Opps didn't even know there was a meeting on last night. Doh! rofl

Ahh well grats to all of those who races and scored points etc.

I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway as I have other racing commitments on a Wednesday evening.

I'm still trying to figure out how the 6 people above have qualified, i can't make sense of it

Its the top 6 point scorees among drivers who hadnt already been seeded into the grid via their National Pointa places Hutch.

Right gotcha lol

Thanks and well done admin for running meeting I think it was a success :appl:

WD Jimmy for Final and top score and all other race winners.

I had a nightmare for some reason, just could not get to grips with it.

Maybe its using lappy and a different place and seating position etc, I dont know, but I was well off the pace all night.

Hopefully have a better night tonight.

You guys should listen to youir member a little more instead of ignoring them all the time.

As stated above, we will be looking at their comments in regards to next seasons European meeting, but we cant change the format the nght before.

Both AllStar and Lee have made good points which will be discussed in our Admin meeting (s) at the end of the season. All Star is even going to put it on the suggestion thread so the members can discuss it also :thumbs_up:

Keep your comments coming, especially those that took part last night. We are always looking for ways to improve things, hence why I have specifically ask for your opinions this week.

Cheers

Johno

Yeah Lee summed it up perfectly Hutch.

Anyone above Mav, and doesnt have qualified for the European next to it, is actually already in the race. They are the 'seeded drivers'. Anyone with qualified next to their name, made it through based on last nights meeting.

The full list of the top 14 can be found in the European Preview.

All in all, looks like it could be an exciting grid, assuming all the qualifers book in of course. Think there is still DB #318 not booked in, but I aint seen him around for a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Johno

fair enough johno thanks for ur crappy PM

You summed up the reason I dont race here in the first place.

It isnt a one man stand against this league whatsoever so you're the one that misunderstands. Is no one entitled to have an opinion. You just ignore what people say if its not what you want to hear and I would be racing here if you didnt take charge of admin.

regards.

PS Please cancel my forum account

thank you

Splinter,

This is my last post on the matter.

I am the one that has asked for opinions on the meeting - check my first post.

I have then said that they have a fair point - check my second and third post

I have said we will look at it for next years European Championship meeting, as it is the only time we use this kind of format - check my third and forth post, and Drumbsticks first post.

Obviously that isnt taking people thoughts into account.

Also in the PM, I said that I thought your top two paragraphs make sense, and I am not hapy about your final comment, when I have just proved above we do listen, and ask and take poeples thoughts into consideration.

This is, and never will be a one man band as you want to put it, hence why we have the largest Admin Team in UK Dirt.

Johno

Quote Johno:

You have made comments such as as the last comment in your post many time this year, which I deem to be trying to cause trouble. For a guy that doesnt race UK Dirt rfactor F1, you sure have a lot to say for yourself., and I have to ask the question is it to benifit UK Dirt rfactor F1, or is it just to cause trouble? This is the second time in less than a week that you have tried to do as such, although you did sort of back track with the earache thing, but on that thread you actually commented without knowing all the facts.

but I am getting really annoyed at the number of times you wish to try and cause trouble within UK Dirt, and especially as you dont even race here any more, and have not paid your server fees

....AND YOU'RE the main reason I dont race rFactor this year because amongst other ukdirt issues, the stupid race format is one thing that 85% people dont like but you still go ahead with it. I have raced ukdirt since 2003 so dont expect to hear "if you dont like it its tough" kind of comments and which I said I wouldnt race this season. I do feel the way it is currently run it is going down the pan.

I didnt backtrack on the earcahe post (you must be his best mate or something). I did know all the facts of what I was talking about, so, did you want me to post the full details n how to crack an rFactor model. I think some modelamkers would have had something to say.

I would race here EVERY week but I was basically told to go away at beginning of the season so I have done. rFactor is the 1st time I have come across such a realistic stockcar simulation and I love it. F1 Heat just was too arcadey for me having raced sims and real cars since I was 8. But once again you imply..."you havent paid your server fees so shut up"

Quote Johno:

You have made comments such as as the last comment in your post many time this year, which I deem to be trying to cause trouble. For a guy that doesnt race UK Dirt rfactor F1, you sure have a lot to say for yourself., and I have to ask the question is it to benifit UK Dirt rfactor F1, or is it just to cause trouble? This is the second time in less than a week that you have tried to do as such, although you did sort of back track with the earache thing, but on that thread you actually commented without knowing all the facts.

but I am getting really annoyed at the number of times you wish to try and cause trouble within UK Dirt, and especially as you dont even race here any more, and have not paid your server fees

....AND YOU'RE the main reason I dont race rFactor this year because amongst other ukdirt issues, the stupid race format is one thing that 85% people dont like but you still go ahead with it. I have raced ukdirt since 2003 so dont expect to hear "if you dont like it its tough" kind of comments and which I said I wouldnt race this season. I do feel the way it is currently run it is going down the pan.

I didnt backtrack on the earcahe post (you must be his best mate or something). I did know all the facts of what I was talking about, so, did you want me to post the full details n how to crack an rFactor model. I think some modelamkers would have had something to say.

I would race here EVERY week but I was basically told to go away at beginning of the season so I have done. rFactor is the 1st time I have come across such a realistic stockcar simulation and I love it. F1 Heat just was too arcadey for me having raced sims and real cars since I was 8. But once again you imply..."you havent paid your server fees so shut up"

Splinter,

We are now getting to the problem you have then..... me.

I dont recall ever telling you to shove off. Please correct me if I am wrong, and I will serously have a look at it as it hasnt come from me.

I didnt mean the cracking post from earache. I meant when you got invloved over his skin. That is when you slightly back tracked, not the craking post. He was told by several members of the admin team, not just me may I add, that he could not have a pack at such short notice. He was told politely on the forum, and then also told in the server and then you chirp in that we are being harsh.

Onto the format, and this week is the first week that the format as caused anyone a problem. Therefore they have voiced their concerns and it is something that will be discussed next season. When a format as been announced, it would be unfair to change it after the first part of the format as taken place. No one complained before hand and they new how it worked right back to the start of the season.

The reason why I mentioned you not being a paid member is because in my eyes you are trying to cause trouble. You comments about us not listening to people and being rude to people are not true. How many times do I need to prove you wrong. Read the thread and you will see.

I know you love rfactor, and dont like heat, and I that doesnt bother me one bit. Also it would be unfair of me to suggest that some of your comments have not been helpful, because they have, but there is no need for the constant snide remarks constantly berating either me or the team.

I want the members to enjoy their racing. I dont give up many hours creating something to build up my ego. I do it because I love the league, I love the game, and most of all I love racing.

But, at the end of the day, if you, and as you put it most others dont like me, then I will happily step down and just race. I want people to enjoy the league with or without me. I feel no need to berate anyone unless i have to tell them soemthing a million time, and try to explain to them my decisions. If I have a problem with someone, i then do it in PM, like I have done with you.

Like I said, if you are in the majority, and I am stopping UK Dirt F1 from growing and becoming bigger, then I will step down, because I can guarantee you, I love this league as much as the next person, and if you seen what what went on behind the scenes, I am sure you would see that I do not in anyway, dictate what is going to happen in UK Dirt F1.

Johno

Just a thanks to Jimmy who let me in at very very late notice during the meeting. After what happened to me in the closing stages of the final, I wish I hadn't bothered, particularly as I would have qualified for the Euro but I did apprieciate being given the chance....

The double header meeting seemed to run well, obviously some things to iron out if we were to do it again but it's good to have a mix I feel and once the rF Hot Rods are more established and settled, in time I think things will run more quickly

Got to agrre with grasser i only rqaced the 1s last nite and during the rods racing i spent my time talkin to others so time didnt seem to pass all that slowly and with time id say the format would work better and automatically make for a faster meeting on the whole.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..