F2 world champ no7

Tosh924

oh dear....remember they have still to strip the car after the meet to see if he's cheated or not :scared15:

theres talk on ftooz rumour has evolved 1 of the top 3 has an ilegal carb and 4th home is now being scruitineered

Moodie has been disqualified.

NI901 is world champ.

LET THE PARTY BEGIN :party37:

EDIT just been on ftooz, 901 is World Champ :appl:

The question is though, why would Moodie use an illegal carb? He surely would of known he would be disqualified?

Edited by Kruiz 136

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO :5::thumbup::rofl:

it couldnt happen to a nicer guy, oh and lets not forget his rather hotheaded dad, im sure he's boiling right now hahahahhahahahahahahaha

cue the toilet invite?

banned for a year from what i heard???

your hearing is outstanding then

i don't even think the BOC has discussed the matter in hand yet so how can he be banned for a year?

think its anything up to 3month ban for carb but not 100% on this

martin....carb can means abig difference to the overall performance of a engine a ban has to be sometimes,if its modded then end of but as i have said to others it mayb down to srd and not gordon but he gets it as its his car.

Edited by Pedz 212

The size of the part that was "too big" is not given a size in the offical rulebook though, yet Gordon's was deemed to be illegal for being less than 1mm, "too big". He is then disqualified from the World Final result and suspended for 12 months, yet it is comman knowledge that Sworder won the 2007 World Final with an aerofoil that was too big, and the sizes for aerofoil's are mentioned in the rules. I'm not saying Sworder, or indeed the top 3 and every other person in the race sporting an, Andy Ford aerofoil should have been disqualified, as they shouldn't have, the correct decision was made and the result was left to stand. This time though the correct decision was not made and Gordon's name and reputation is being trashed and BriSCA are making the sport look stupid, again. That's the same BriSCA that allow current drivers and car builders on their BOC by the way...

Edited by martin379

I was speaking to my dad and 1mm bigger can make all the difference when it comes to the carb. He says it can give you as much as 10 horse power more.

I said in chat that it is strange that he could go 3 tenths of a second faster than anyone at Taunton the last month. Thats a huge amount when you look at the size of the track, and take into account the time of the lap. Bradbury, Goldin, Farrell, no one could get even close. Are you telling me thats down to driver skill and set up, when people race there week in week out and are classed as superstars and cant touch him? u look at the rest and there is hardly a tenth of a second between them. You look at F1 and you can see that there is never a huge amount of difference between them.

I think at the end of the day, the right decision has been made, and to be honest, cant see anyway that he can appeal it either.

It a shame in one respect though, as he really is a nice guy to talk to, and even though he didnt know me, spent a good ten minutes chatting too me in the bar about racing at Cowdy / Knockhill in the F1 and the differences between the two.

Johno

Dont listion 2 anyone of the ftooz fourm etc just look on briscaf2.com as you will get the truth there.

If you give a million monkeys typewriters one of them will tap in something intelligible eventually...

Assuming the offending bit has been on the car for a while, why wasn't it picked up in post race scrutineering after the Scottish, Semis or Dutch / Belgian World Cup thing that he won? Are there different levels of scrutineering?

I am sure the answer to that is on Ftooz I just don't have time to wade through the dross.

For punishment, I think he should be made to race the Duratech engine test car for the rest of the season. Dave Harley was quoted somewhere saying it needed racing by a really top guy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..