Post your set up (PC)

Walker363

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else on the forum. Thought I would start the topic. Gives you a chance to post a pic of what your set up is like (when you race rfactor). Anyway heres a pic of mine. Bit basic bit it will do :thumbs_up:

post-7406-1235057514.jpg

Think I've seen a thread like this before, although I've never posted in one.. and with good reason!

More of a mess than a setup but heres the computer city centre complete with wire spagetti junction, the biggest collection of 'almost' empy diodrant cans and the infamous sponge to keep my broken brake pedal up. :lol:

Two towers one that is slow and has no hope of being quick and one that is slow and has been upgraded so much needs its own intercooler to keep it under 100C, and even now still needs to be persuaded to work. :compbang:

post-862-1235060786_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kruiz 136

Here's my setup - complete with my after-race stress ball!

It looks a bit tight, tall and dark in the photo but its quite nice really, nice and cosy and ideal for my needs. Got a little mod on my keyboard tray to stop it sliding in when I've got my wheel on it. Just stuck a fancy new graphics card in my pc last week which should mean I won't have to change my monitor back to the 17 inch CRT (my old card couldn't run rfactor very well on the 22"), which would've been embarrassing if I had to post that up in my photo! Lol! Only thing I want to sort out for racing is my chair - the one I have is a big leather thing on wheels (obviously not ideal, rolling back every time I stamp on the brake pedal!) which is way too comfy to give up, and I don't have room to store a wheel-less chair when I'm not racing, so I'm going to have to put some wedges behind my wheels I think! Lol.

post-9-1235072593_thumb.jpg

What a great idea walker, really interesting to see where everyone does battle from. Heres my g25 setup, although i tend to use paddles on wheel rather than separate gearstick like MoR has set up. Nest of wires looks appalling & is a definite hazard, must get round to sorting them out. The fierce looking blonde is my missus who was shooting me a death-stare at a wedding last year for discussing the 2008 WF during the speeches!

post-629-1235149448_thumb.jpg

You think yours is a harzard!! lol Looks like I'm winning so far in the most untidy desk award category. :lol: I was going to tidy it all up before the photo but I decided it wouldn't be as authentic as its never tidy lol

Edited by Kruiz 136

Heres my g25 setup, although i tend to use paddles on wheel rather than separate gearstick like MoR has set up.

I use the paddles too, but I keep the gearstick module out of the way cause it has plenty of buttons on it to assign different things to like toggling between race positions, car status, quickchat messages (the obligatory 'sorry') and stuff, which can be quite helpful. I would assign race pos/car status to the two buttons the wheel but I use them for look left/look right which is essential for getting out of the pits (esp at NIR).

Just a joke :rolleyes: , Im just racing whit normal clothes. but im driving in a playseat whit a 22ich screen and black momo Whitout drivers, Becuse if im instaling drivers steering go's automatically to the right or left. Dont know what problem is.

Cheers,

JK

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are a few pics showing how I've made my comeback to the online racing leagues and which will hopefully bust the myth that all Aberdonians are tight fisted...first pic features the brilliant MC John Macdonald on the 42" telly into which the PC (to the left of the TV unit) is also plugged...second pic is of the trusty Sidewinder control pad I bought from Jimbob aboot 8 years ago...at some point during a Heat meeting aboot 7 years ago a wire burnt oot hence the repair shown in the third pic but despite over 6 years of retirement, it still worked fine until last week when it finally packed in...hence I've grudgingly(!) invested in an adapter meaning my neglected old Xbox steering wheel has been dusted doon for some proper action lol. And yes I know what you're thinking...I'm happy enough to fork oot for a big telly but I draw the line at buying new a PC controller or even a desk for the wheel!!!

post-736-1262370286.jpg

post-736-1262370336.jpg

post-736-1262370380.jpg

post-736-1262370413.jpg

Edited by Skeet_Tong

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..