My F2

Kruiz 136

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey mate, I've had it out twice so far this year, the first time the brakes let go after a few laps and I hit the wall at full speed at Buxton and I ended up in the back of an ambulance with concussion and memory loss lol 2 weeks later though I was out at the Birmingham world qualifying round, which was this Saturday just gone. I didn't set the world on fire by any means, the aim of the night was to get some of my confidence back in the car which was lost at Buxton, and try to get it handling after the winter where we have replaced absolutely everything that matters to the set up.

We also got the car weighed for the first time as it's a WQR, its 690kg (the limits being 640 - 700) overall and 51% inside weight (the limit being 53%). So looks like we have some weight to lose, and possibly some to add to the inside nerf if we can lose enough, or alternatively, I may try shale as my main surface for a bit and see how that goes.

Not sure when I'll be out next, I was hoping for the Skeggy double header in a few weeks but it will be costly enough (8 - 9 + hours of diesel for me there and back) and go through a lot of tyres if its hot, one problem I had at Birmingham was my outside tyres melting and going off, and now I need a new hitch for the trailer which will be £120, so I may not be able to afford to go as far as Skegness :/

Edited by Kruiz 136

• 2 months later...

Not updated this in a while so here goes..

So far I've destroyed a front bumper at Buxton, Skegness, Coventry and my latest attempt was Belle Vue, I've started to earn the nickname Crash King already, I'm not sure whether to be proud of this or nor but at least it's something lol

On the plus side I was going the best I've ever done on shale so far on only my third shale appearance, and I still haven't had a single driving lesson :P

I've decided to be shale only from now on, apart from maybe the odd Buxton as my local track) I find shale much more rewarding to drive on, even when theres no other cars about its a lot more fun :)

Yep it hurt, my back still aches, but I will be back :) Although my next meeting is likely to be October 17th Belle vue now :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..